Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 09-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Dalgleishs face when we equalised was a picture

Though I still object to the comment 'its gone in' when we got the winner.

Of course it f*cking went in that was the idea when we took the corner

Last edited by 917L; 10-02-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old 26-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Jesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyesJesus-Gods son scanned the skies with rainbow eyes
brilliant post selhurst star made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up just reading that

Last edited by Jesus-Gods son; 26-02-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 28-02-2007, 01:36 AM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Like everyone else, I think I kicked every ball, made every run, anticipated every move, dived for every save. And I did it all while singing every song at maximum volume, my voice has never been the same since.

Seventeen years later, I can still recall it all in an instant, (that I can recite large chunks of the tv commentary is thanks to the video recording I must have watched a hundred times or more) but I don't need it to recall so many glorious moments packed into two hours of complete madness. I don't think any other match could have taken us through so many emotions in such a short space of timeÉ fear, hope, pride, passion, love, hate, joy, despair, agony, ecstasy and at the end just sheer exhaustion.

There are so many moments that it's difficult to pick out one, although my signature on the BBS for years now has been a tribute to the total disbelief in John Motson's voice after Gary O'Reilly put us ahead for the first time: 'And PalaceÉ are they in front? Yes, they are!'
Old 28-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS MurrayPalaceFan in Alabama FFS Murray
Crossing the Atlantic to watch the Palace has given me some outstanding moments. This game and the final were worth every penny, as was the trip to Cardiff.
Villa Park was a memory that will stay with me forever. This trip has made it easy to handle the bad times.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM

limited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelimited_edition : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The match was 17 years ago today. And it was a Sunday. Took the Special up from Euston. It was a lunchtime KO, but there was no reason for the frigging train to take 3 hours ! You can get to Manc or Scouseland in that time by train. We set off before 9 am. Train went direct to Witton near Villa Park, rather than via New Street.

A steward on the train came around to collect bags of litter asking if we had any rubbish. A bloke near me said could you take Pardew away. I chuckled to myself.

Wasn't that keen on Supa Al. Usually, with him in the centre, it meant that Andy Gray had to play wide right. But in the semi we had a 5 man midfield including a young Johnny Salad, with Brighty upfront on his own. But, like the Play Off semi v Blackburn at Selhurst, Pards always seemed to step up to the plate for big games.

Was too exhausted with the rollercoaster emotion of the game to really take the win in on the day. It hit me the next day when I saw the back pages. I particularily liked the ones with Dalglish's face looking glum.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:16 PM

StevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to OllieStevePlus belongs to Ollie
I have just watched the video once again after quite a long time. Several things looked totally different from today's games (e.g. passing back to the goalkeeper, and nobody appealing for decisions from the referee) - but what particularly struck me was how completely useless John Motson is and always has been as a commmentator. Examples:

* Patronising tone throughout to Palace (he even thought that he had to tell people that Eagles = Palace).

* Droning on about how terrible it was for Liverpool to lose Rush, when Ian Wright, absent from injury, was frequently on camera.

* Excusing any Liverpool fouls and going on about Andy Gray threatening to retaliate (which he didn't actually do).

* Generally talking too much, and too much crap.

The BBC deserve to lose coverage of football if Motty is the best that they can come up with over so many years.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:26 PM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
We travelled up via Northampton and watched them play Fulham at the County Ground the previous day.

Did the same thing when we reached the semi against Man Utd a few years later - not such happy memories.

9.4.95 lest we forget
Old 08-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Whopplehog is playing for a contract
Apart from the wonderful memories of that day I often wonder how the two guys who were sitting next to me felt.

With just a few minutes to go and 3-2 down they shrugged their shoulders and said something like 'lets go have a beer before the rush' and left.

How did they feel on hearing the cheers from outside when we equalised and how many times have they regretted their decision since that day?

Just hope someone was recording it for them. I still have the video and always enjoy watching Alan Hanson in those really short shorts!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:54 PM

Glazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlazier69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched the highlights on FA Cup Semi retro show on Sky this very morning. Talk about goosepimples!

I remember my friend Tony, who had shoulder length hair at the time, when the winner went in he swallowed a length of his own hair in the melee and almost choked!
Old 24-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Im just watching this back again as i put it on dvd ( again ) , before the start of extra time when Coppell is talking to the players you can see a silver kettle !!!!!!!. ( will post a photo later hopefully ) .
Old 24-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

stupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screenstupalace has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
you can just about see the kettle here between coppells arm

Last edited by stupalace; 21-03-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 24-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Premiership 2017/18

rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!rbarmy has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
looks like it might be a thermos flask
Old 24-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

looks more like a watering can when blown up

Last edited by stupalace; 21-03-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 24-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned by Moderators

its 100% a kettle though , if anyone has the dvd and can get a clearer screen shot
Old 24-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned by Moderators

Andy Gray interview the day after the match from brixton snooker hall

Last edited by stupalace; 24-10-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 24-10-2008, 08:11 PM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Top stuff Stu, brought back some great memories. Supporting Palace was something else that day, we finally were the bollox!
Old 24-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

had a bit luck , my dvd recorder actually decided to read a blank disc for a change . I put another one in after it and its broke again .
Old 24-10-2008, 08:32 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Going into a pub in bedworth town the night before and seeing a cabinet full of medals and trophies and then at the end of very boozy evening, watching one of my pi**ed mates grabbing the biggest trophy and holding it above his head cup final style, while the rest of us chanted "we're going to win the cup"
Luckily the landlord saw the funny side .
Following palace in the 90s was magic.

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 24-10-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 24-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstevek came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stupalace
its 100% a kettle though , if anyone has the dvd and can get a clearer screen shot
I reckon it's a metal tea pot.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact a Family charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And donate here https://www.justgiving.com/CyclingtheSeason

or by texting CPFC16 Ł5 (or whatever amount) to 70070 to donate to Contact a Family and make a difference today
Old 24-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Not read the whole thread by my main memories are:

Barely getting there on time for the ridiculous early kick off (Man Utd and Oldham getting the late kick off because the TV people thought our match was a foregone conclusion). Something to do with one coach not turning up and Robbie Tobin having to stay behind until it did (I was on Coach 2 so we were the last to leave).

The Holte End being totally packed so I had to practically stand in the entrance.

Terrible first half but then the Pembo run turning everything on its head.

Complete scouser arrogance right up until the abrupt ending of 'You'll never walk alone' and much scarves being taken down when we scored near the end of normal time.

Andy Gray doing a weird aeroplane style celebration when we scored, and later likening our victory to an 'XR3i beating a Rolls Royce'.

Ian Wright in his sheepskin coat, apparently only making a last minute decision to be there.

Steve Coppell running down the tunnel to ensure he got no credit whatsoever for the win.

Complete shock on the coach on the way back - one of the quietest journeys ever!

Laughing at 'majestic' Ray Wilkins' punditry when seeing the game at home on TV.