Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-07-2018, 03:11 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Well seeing as when Sako played it was more often up front than out wide i would suggest classing him as a midfielder would be a bit of a stretch.

To further class a player who only played 469 minutes, a little over the equivalent of 5 full games as crucial is just ridiculous.

I would say that as he was played as a striker, and as we brought a striker in the day after he was ruled out for the season, he was effectively replaced.
I'd say he was an attacking wide midfielder. Mostly just to be awkward.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:12 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danibutcher View Post
Some reports saying itís permanent, some say itís a loan.
I guess if hes not going to be good enough the either way. Maybe the club shouldnt have hyped the signing as much. Doubt we broke the bank for him of course so low risk gamble if it didnt work out
Old 24-07-2018, 03:17 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
I'd say he was an attacking wide midfielder. Mostly just to be awkward.
To be honest his main position was sub lol

Against Burnley and Arsenal he played up top, in the game he broke his ankle (or rather had it broken for him) he was wide left.

They and the Brighton cup game he started up front were his only starts.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:24 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
To be honest his main position was sub lol

Against Burnley and Arsenal he played up top, in the game he broke his ankle (or rather had it broken for him) he was wide left.

They and the Brighton cup game he started up front were his only starts.
Yeah, would agree about sub

Hard to describe such players as either midfielders or strikers. They need some other word.
Old 24-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Actually its 3 but it depends what you class Sako as. Anyways it's not pantomime season and I want to celebrate my train getting cancelled.

We played most of last season with 3 midfielders injured at any one time ... and look what happened!!! Letís review our window at 5.01 pm on 9 Aug!
Old 24-07-2018, 03:41 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
We played most of last season with 3 midfielders injured at any one time ... and look what happened!!! Letís review our window at 5.01 pm on 9 Aug!
Don't forget the deal sheet
Old 24-07-2018, 03:41 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
We played most of last season with 3 midfielders injured at any one time ... and look what happened!!! Let’s review our window at 5.01 pm on 9 Aug!
5:01? You should know that at least 1 deal will be subject to a deal sheet going in and we won't know until later in the evening!
Old 24-07-2018, 04:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yes but I think he would have been more crucial had he not got crocked. Would agree that the other two are essential to be replaced. Personally feel there are lots to be excited about, but think standing still is a big mistake.
Oh, I agree about the standing still but it may well be we have to squeak by until January due to the huge overspends of the last few windows.

I honestly feel we're staying up unless we get hit with another biblical run of injuries and that we are no more vulnerable than a dozen other teams there. It's a shame since we seemed so ready to kick on, just like the beginning of last season. Having RLC fully fit, Cabaye at the form of last year or properly replaced, plus a couple of extra buys and the new keeper would have meant a season ahead where we would have been looking up the table instead of behind our backs.

Even so, I feel Benteke and Wickham are key. If they come good, I think we'll surprise some people. As GreatGonzo pointed out, most of our key players are improving their performances for us. And how quickly many of us have forgotten that we just finished mid-table with way more absentees than Cabaye and RLC missing for much of the season.

Last edited by SOUTHGATE EAGLE; 24-07-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:07 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Concede that i believe they have improved their teams/squads when i truly don't think that is the case? Is that how debate works?

As Mr Palace said he has not looked into the players very much. I have had a look at them and if they had been signed by Palace there would not have been much excitement on these boards in many of them.

How many of the players signed by clubs in the lower half of the table last year (excluding West Ham who i have conceded have bought some very good players) would you have wanted Palace to sign?
You haven't either. I've got a good mate who is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who is raving about their business. You like to pretend you know about every player in world football but like the rest of us you don't.

All I know is that we are currently weaker than we were last season. That's a fact. But I'm hopeful we will be stronger come the Fulham game.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:08 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
Yes

They're great for seeing past all the pant wetting on the BBS.
Pant wetting is the most tedious saying on this site.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Well seeing as when Sako played it was more often up front than out wide i would suggest classing him as a midfielder would be a bit of a stretch.

To further class a player who only played 469 minutes, a little over the equivalent of 5 full games as crucial is just ridiculous.

I would say that as he was played as a striker, and as we brought a striker in the day after he was ruled out for the season, he was effectively replaced.
Sako played up front because we didn't have any strikers. How can you not see that? We played Townsend, Sako and zaha out of position because we didn't sign any strikers. Wilf is the only only of those three who could legitimately now be considered a striker.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:15 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
It is , I prefer shitting ones pants .
Old 24-07-2018, 05:17 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
It is irrelevant what others have or have not signed as it is about who we have signed and right now we have 1.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
It is , I prefer shitting ones pants .
Old 24-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
You haven't either. I've got a good mate who is a Huddersfield season ticket holder who is raving about their business. You like to pretend you know about every player in world football but like the rest of us you don't.

All I know is that we are currently weaker than we were last season. That's a fact. But I'm hopeful we will be stronger come the Fulham game.
Sounds about right.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jach's gone to Turkey on loan so our squad is in even more need of strengthening now. Clearly Roy had no faith in him making our January window look even worse so they better have some nice additions up their sleeve.better
Old 24-07-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Sako played up front because we didn't have any strikers. How can you not see that? We played Townsend, Sako and zaha out of position because we didn't sign any strikers. Wilf is the only only of those three who could legitimately now be considered a striker.
Sako used to play up front for Wolves from time to time. Judging from interviews is was considered to be his position going forward too.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
I concur.
Old 24-07-2018, 05:50 PM

rerererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minererererarara : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
CB
CM
CAM
RM/LM
ST

urgently needed
Old 24-07-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Sako used to play up front for Wolves from time to time. Judging from interviews is was considered to be his position going forward too.
You remember Lewington having to directly coach him through a game - ie tell him where to stand, what positions to take, where to run etc as he didn't have a clue how to play up front. He is a winger by trade. I liked him more than most on here but accept he was ultimately a disappointment.