Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-02-2014, 01:15 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
If they are planning on speed restrictions etc for later, I do hope they provide enough notice.

Fat chance.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
The whole transport system in the South East is a disaster. Cannot ever see it improving without a complete and radical re-think*.

* Which'll never happen whilst policy is in the hands of career politicians (please note this does not mean a vote for more privatisation).
Old 12-02-2014, 01:27 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Delays between Purley and Caterham due to flooding and it is hammering it down here
Old 12-02-2014, 01:51 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Which is why I mentioned pragmatism earlier. There is little logic to their decisions.
If you find Trains such an unreliable form of Transport ( I am not having a crack at you ) why don't you

A) Find a new form of transport
B) Find a local Job
C) Move to a property nearer your work.
D) Emigrate
E ) Retire if old enough
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon .
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more information than the passengers .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 12-02-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:57 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
If someone is taken ill on a train the worst thing to do is pull the chord - it obliges the train to stop. The best thing is to contact the conductor (if there is one) or dial 999.
Unless it's a new 377 were the Driver can override the emergency brake for 80 seconds .
Best to wait until the next station like you say , if a fellow passenger is ill still though , much easier to deal with and quicker availability to first aid , emergency services etc .
Old 12-02-2014, 02:01 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Cancelled train and subsequent delayed thus morning. Really is an awful service that should be investigated. Oh and **** all its employees defending the company too.
this is the worst thing. The staff who stick up for them and take it personally. I think I said I had one giving me shit on Twitter when they cancelled the first train of the day when I was going to Man City away. He told me I should have left earlier.

I took a screen grab and sent that with my complaint form.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:11 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
If you find Trains such an unreliable form of Transport ( I am not having a crack at you ) why don't you

B) Find a local Job
D) Emigrate
E ) Retire if old enough
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon .
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more information than the passengers .
A) Find a new form of transport - Like what? What is the easiest way to get from Sanderstead to Holborn without a train?
B) Find a local Job – With what I do there are no companies based “locally”. Though that shouldn’t be an issue with trains that work properly.
C) Move to a property nearer your work. – because it is so cheap livning in Zone 1.
D) Emigrate – I’ll ignore this.
E ) Retire if old enough – I’m 26.
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon . – why should I get on with it? Nearly 10% of my annual salary goes to a company that provides a woeful service.
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more limited information like the passengers. – If they don’t like it why don’t they find a job that’s more convenient? If my company cocks up I’ll have to deal with the consequences.

None of your points are valid. So because Southern can’t run its company properly every user should either a) no longer use it, or b) accept it.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
A) Find a new form of transport - Like what? What is the easiest way to get from Sanderstead to Holborn without a train?
B) Find a local Job – With what I do there are no companies based “locally”. Though that shouldn’t be an issue with trains that work properly.
C) Move to a property nearer your work. – because it is so cheap livning in Zone 1.
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon . – why should I get on with it? Nearly 10% of my annual salary goes to a company that provides a woeful service.
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more limited information like the passengers. – If they don’t like it why don’t they find a job that’s more convenient? If my company cocks up I’ll have to deal with the consequences.

None of your points are valid. So because Southern can’t run its company properly every user should either a) no longer use it, or b) accept it.
Motorbike ?
Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

Point H is fair enough staff do not deserve abuse
Old 12-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Why do you assume everyone thinks the service is as bad as you do ? the majority of passengers are fairly happy and understand that many incidents are not Southerns responsibility .
Old 12-02-2014, 02:45 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like what? You think it is unreasonable to expect a good service when I pay £3k per annum (I keep using that figure, it is more like £3300 now) to use the service? We have a train network in place which is to get people to and from our capital city. It should be faultless. Not full of problems and when there are, it’s not really helpful to suggest to use something else

Quote:
B) Find a local Job
I would love to. Though the chances of me finding a job for my profession locally to me are very remote.

Quote:
Oh yes, the Shard has some flats, right?

Quote:
D) Emigrate
That’s on my to do list.

Quote:
E ) Retire if old enough
Long time before I can do that.

Quote:
How very helpful. If it not going to get better, fares should be halved in the meantime.

Quote:
I don’t want to hit anyone.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civil eagle View Post
Point H is fair enough staff do not deserve abuse
The vast majority of customers are very patient and understanding when it goes tits up thankfully but yes there are a few are hotheads .
No one including the Staff want the hassle of delays but sometimes logistics and safety rules compound the problems .
Old 12-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Why do you assume everyone thinks the service is as bad as you do ? the majority of passengers are fairly happy and understand that many incidents are not Southerns responsibility .
If someone is even remotely happy with the service being dished up by Southern these days then they cannot think very highly of themselves.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of customers are very patient and understanding when it goes tits up thankfully but yes there are a few are hotheads .
No one including the Staff want the hassle of delays but sometimes logistics and safety rules compound the problems .
Abuse is wrong but the feeling of needing to vent is perfectly natural. It should never over step the mark though and not develop into abuse.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:

B) Find a local Job
D) Emigrate
E ) Retire if old enough
The other option is to negoiate with your employer to cover as much of the cost of travelling to work as possible. Try and get them to state in your contract that your primary base is your own home and then you can charge every time they expect you to be in the office/with a client etc.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Like what? You think it is unreasonable to expect a good service when I pay £3k per annum (I keep using that figure, it is more like £3300 now) to use the service? We have a train network in place which is to get people to and from our capital city. It should be faultless. Not full of problems and when there are, it’s not really helpful to suggest to use something else

I would love to. Though the chances of me finding a job for my profession locally to me are very remote.

Oh yes, the Shard has some flats, right?

That’s on my to do list.

Long time before I can do that.

How very helpful. If it not going to get better, fares should be halved in the meantime.

I don’t want to hit anyone.
Fares are too high but can you imagine the overcrowding if they were reduced ?

I would emigrate if I was younger TBH .

Glad you don't want to hit anyone it wouldn't solve anything .

The money spent on the Olympics was a waste and should have been spent on the London suburban railways .

HS2 is not needed again the billions should be used to expand the Suburban routes .

Most of the Transport and UK infrastructure challenges can only be solved by the Government as the UK Population continues to grow .

House prices/rents have been propped up by successive government's unnecessarily .

Passenger numbers on Southern and other TOCs are expanding so fast it is unreasonable to expect TOCs to pay for the improvements .

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 12-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Abuse is wrong but the feeling of needing to vent is perfectly natural. It should never over step the mark though and not develop into abuse.
Needs passengers to contact their local MPs if they are unhappy .
Old 12-02-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Needs passengers to contact their local MPs if they are unhappy .
All good and well.

But when Southern/Network Rail have made you stand in the cold and wet for over an hour and there is no information being given about your train, it's not really rational minds at play.

And discussing the situation is not abuse. It seems some staff consider any conversation a form of abuse.

If anything, it is the rail companies who abuse us, the passengers.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Andy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fearAndy Adams is a gunboat in a sea of fear
When I need to work in London, my company pay the cost which for a 1 day travel card from Hove is about £52. For my £52, pretty much without fail, I will have to stand for 1 hour 10 mins on the train to work.

Luckily I only need to work in London about once a fortnight, but if it were more often I think the rail staff would be getting some verbal abuse from me. Especially when you are not even allowed to STAND in the first class area so you are packed in like sardines in standard class areas. Its not the front line rail staff's fault, but they are representing the rail company so it will come with the territory.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:10 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Not sure I agree with that, some of the excuses they've rolled out over the last few years have been pathetic.

I commuted for about 3 years on the Brighton to London line, some of the problems have always been there and are not the fault of Southern but when they constantly run late trains with only 4 carriages for example, it's impossible not to hate those barstewards.