Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-02-2014, 03:11 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
That's another thing - they should do away with First Class on these trains. It is pointless.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
That's another thing - they should do away with First Class on these trains. It is pointless.
Yep, you pay double the price for exactly the same seats therefore nobody is really willing to do so and you're left with severe overcrowding in 2nd class and an empty first class carriage.

Shambles.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:15 PM

chav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchav_hater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The thread that keeps on giving. Some of the crap coming from the apologists really is laughable and downright obnoxious in places.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:19 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Why do you assume everyone thinks the service is as bad as you do ? the majority of passengers are fairly happy and understand that many incidents are not Southerns responsibility .
I am the voice of the people and I think the service is a scandalous, utterly embarrasing and shambolic f*cking disaster piece of stinky shit.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:24 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
That’s a very Tory way of doing things. Let’s raise the prices so only people who earn enough can use them.
Do you know what would stop trains from overcrowding? Less cancellations.

There is a difference between being abused and dealing with disgruntled customers. No one deserves abuse at a place of work. However, if you are front line and your company provides a shoddy service then you must expect to deal with it.

Everyone else disgruntled as me? We have 13 pages of complaints here. Or 100’s of tweets from people who are in the same boat.

Like it or not, and make up all the excuses in the world, but Southern is currently providing a woeful service that is putting a lot of people under a lot of inconvenience.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:26 PM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you find Trains such an unreliable form of Transport ( I am not having a crack at you ) why don't you

A) Find a new form of transport
B) Find a local Job
C) Move to a property nearer your work.
D) Emigrate
E ) Retire if old enough
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon .
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more information than the passengers .
What happened to F ? Education standards slipping, etc etc
Old 12-02-2014, 03:30 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why do you assume everyone thinks the service is as bad as you do ? the majority of passengers are fairly happy and understand that many incidents are not Southerns responsibility .
Are you an employee of Southern Rail or just another really interesting BBS troll?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:33 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
This morning Southern cancelled a London Bridge bound train formed of 12 carriages - by terminating it at East Croydon. The busy train then emptied onto platform 2. Those Carriages then formed a Brighton Service, two out of the next three London Bridge Trains were from the Oxted line and therefore already cancelled. The next two trains were already full, but only formed of 8 carriages. So you had grossly overcrowded platform and they took the longest train out of service in favour of the ones with only 8 carriages. There were arguments and punch-ups galore amongst the commuters who were platform hopping trying to get a train to London Bridge. All the while the original 12 carriage London Bridge train was sat with about 8 people on it awaiting clearance to leave for Brighton.

Then due to immensely over crowded and short trains, an emergency chord was pulled at Honor Oak Park - therefore delaying the line by twenty mins.

It is ridiculous - their incompetence is off the scale.... and it is DAY AFTER DAY.
I was on the train behind that. Had some fat smelly oaf breathing on me for 20 odd mins...far far from ideal.

Old 12-02-2014, 03:35 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Southern couldn't start a fight at a Millwall match.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:42 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Thatís a very Tory way of doing things. Letís raise the prices so only people who earn enough can use them.
Do you know what would stop trains from overcrowding? Less cancellations.

There is a difference between being abused and dealing with disgruntled customers. No one deserves abuse at a place of work. However, if you are front line and your company provides a shoddy service then you must expect to deal with it.

Everyone else disgruntled as me? We have 13 pages of complaints here. Or 100ís of tweets from people who are in the same boat.

Like it or not, and make up all the excuses in the world, but Southern is currently providing a woeful service that is putting a lot of people under a lot of inconvenience.
No word of a lie- I purely joined twitter to vent at Southern.

Every morning it's the same fecking balls up. The people who do the tweets must ******* dread going to work knowing it's pure doom mongering and the impending abuse that will be returned back. Must be a very depressing role indeed.

The trains at ECR this week have been insanely busy, even when I hoped on the FCC to Farringdon it was a war zone.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Adams View Post
When I need to work in London, my company pay the cost which for a 1 day travel card from Hove is about £52. For my £52, pretty much without fail, I will have to stand for 1 hour 10 mins on the train to work.

Luckily I only need to work in London about once a fortnight, but if it were more often I think the rail staff would be getting some verbal abuse from me. Especially when you are not even allowed to STAND in the first class area so you are packed in like sardines in standard class areas. Its not the front line rail staff's fault, but they are representing the rail company so it will come with the territory.
Go from Brighton, guaranteed seat there!

When I lived in Hove, I was contracting so I stumped up for first class as I couldn't handle the stress of standing every day.

But I don't agree with letting standard class folk stand in first class. That's one of the things you're paying extra for.
Unless they declassify it, in which case first class folk can claim some money back. I think.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:52 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
If you find Trains such an unreliable form of Transport ( I am not having a crack at you ) why don't you

A) Find a new form of transport
B) Find a local Job
C) Move to a property nearer your work.
D) Emigrate
E ) Retire if old enough
G) Just get on with it and realise the Goverment doesn't give a Sh*t so it's not going to get any better soon .
H) chin out and realise frontline Transport employees cannot make decisions and only get fed a little more information than the passengers .

Ahh, delightful. Here is a radical idea, how about the company to whom i pay 4k per year up front to, provide a service befitting of the price? If they are unable, how about the relinquish it to someone who can?

Your points aren't really worth answering/justifying, but if you arn't a Southern employee, you should be. Your attitude is on par with the arrogance of the company.

I really don't think it is unreasonable that with continued increase in prices, we receive an improved service. Unfortunately, the service is rapidly deteriorating with faulty trains, lack of information, lack of foresight and lack of customer service.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:56 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
this is the worst thing. The staff who stick up for them and take it personally. I think I said I had one giving me shit on Twitter when they cancelled the first train of the day when I was going to Man City away. He told me I should have left earlier.

I took a screen grab and sent that with my complaint form.
He said you should have left earlier so you grassed him up to his employers?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:56 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Just to add a little balance, the services on the loop lines to West Croydon and Beckenham are generally alright. It seems like Southern are incapable of running the services that go through ECR though.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I do wonder about Control sometimes... They have made some very odd decisions lately. Like delaying my on time Tattenham to London Bridge to put the delayed Caterham to Victoria through Purley first even though the Caterham stops at all stops and the Tattenham doesn't. Let's delay two trains instead of one now!!!
Old 12-02-2014, 03:58 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Abuse is wrong but the feeling of needing to vent is perfectly natural. It should never over step the mark though and not develop into abuse.
Guard was beaten unconscious on a Southern train yesterday
Old 12-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sounds like you guys have it easy. Try having a 90 minute commute from Worthing to Cannon Street each day using Southern. Then you'll know the meaning of good service!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:02 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Guard was beaten unconscious on a Southern train yesterday
Link? Which service?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
He said you should have left earlier so you grassed him up to his employers?
Hope he was sacked
Old 12-02-2014, 04:04 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
Link? Which service?
West coast service, attacker was arrested at Lancing.