Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
Do you not get refunds?
What for? A few delay repayments but they hardly put a dent into the 3k.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Woman went in to labour on a train at Brighton today. Didn't stop people moaning.
I think you're allowed to moan when you go into labour. It does look jolly painful.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:25 PM

flightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I do wonder about people. Some women in labour and people moan! Bit like when I'm at work and we get a jumper people whine at everyone. Rather then blaming people at work how about the idiot who jumped people have zero patience now adays unfortunately
Old 05-06-2014, 04:31 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightyknighty View Post
I do wonder about people. Some women in labour and people moan! Bit like when I'm at work and we get a jumper people whine at everyone.
Are you more of a Cardi person?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not sure... I kept my distance, really felt for the poor lady. I don't think it is a good idea to move a lady once her waters have broke and if it is safe, it should be the paramedics decision.
My girlfriend is a midwife so I asked her this. Assuming it's a normal birth, there's nothing wrong with moving a woman whose waters have just broken. Indeed, it would be preferable to move her from a cramped train to a platform with lots of room!

I accept the non-medical railway staff might have reason to be over-cautious, though.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:03 PM

flightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineflightyknighty : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Are you more of a Cardi person?
nah can't beat a tank top
Old 15-06-2014, 11:18 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Clapham Junction to Watford Trains suspended today due to Driver shortage .
Old 15-06-2014, 11:40 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Clapham Junction to Watford Trains suspended today due to Driver shortage .
Sunday is not part of the working week on the railway so England playing late and good weather may have some bearing. Or the drivers aren't happy and are using it as unofficial industrial action or better known as a barbecue Sunday
Old 15-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
I think everyone probably knows why so many drivers are short today. Not something I agree with to be honest but that's how it goes.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:52 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by croydonexile View Post
Sunday is not part of the working week on the railway so England playing late and good weather may have some bearing. Or the drivers aren't happy and are using it as unofficial industrial action or better known as a barbecue Sunday
I think Southern drivers have to work rostered Sundays, even though they're not part of the working week. It's all a bit of a grey area.
Old 15-06-2014, 11:55 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe the all-night Croydon rave stopped them sleeping and made them unfit for duty
Old 15-06-2014, 12:53 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think Southern drivers have to work rostered Sundays, even though they're not part of the working week. It's all a bit of a grey area.
It's the term "expected to work booked Sundays" in the t's & c's not "required to work".. I expect to win the lottery but I never do.

TOCs would love to make Sunday part of the working week but unions keep rejecting the deal. I would never vote Sundays in personally
Old 15-06-2014, 01:15 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's the term "expected to work booked Sundays" in the t's & c's not "required to work".. I expect to win the lottery but I never do.

TOCs would love to make Sunday part of the working week but unions keep rejecting the deal. I would never vote Sundays in personally
I don't think anyone would to be fair.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Southerns main Drivers Union ASLEF wanted a negotiated deal on Sundays in the working week but Drivers kicked up a stink over it and ASLEF dropped the idea .
Old 15-06-2014, 01:23 PM
South London and proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I don't think anyone would to be fair.
The older drivers/guards would certainly be tempted if the price was right as Sundays aren't pensionable in the current agreements.
Old 15-06-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
The older drivers/guards would certainly be tempted if the price was right as Sundays aren't pensionable in the current agreements.
Unions like it because it increases jobs /pensions and sick pay etc but Southern Drivers prefer the flexibility of Sundays being outside the working week in the main .
Old 15-06-2014, 02:14 PM
South London and proud

Same with us. Its a guaranteed day off for family and a great bargaining tool when resources are on the phone
Old 15-06-2014, 03:15 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
At scotrail you have to work your booked Sundays if there's nobody available to cover it for you. As far as I'm concerned its enforced overtime and we don't even get enhanced payment.

I don't know of anyone who has been disciplined for not working a booked Sunday but it goes on your record as an fto so can affect you in the future if you are going through a disciplinary procedure.

In our contract it says we are required to work a reasonable amount of Sundays but no one seems to know what this figure is. Also in most cases you don't find out until about midday on the Saturday if your jobs been covered or not so is a nightmare for making arrangements.

Last edited by keltic eagle; 15-06-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 15-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Werkself

Quote:
Which is where it becomes a problem. Far too many people are money orientated, especially the older ones who have done their family time, which means us younguns are the ones getting screwed over. I will never agree to Sunday being part of the working week as long as I can.
Old 15-06-2014, 03:46 PM
South London and proud

When we throw ours in we inevitably get a message saying declined due to lack of cover. A quick text/phone call to remind them of our agreements means a swift apology from resources and a happy wife!

I'll never sell my Sundays to the company but the old guard would in a heartbeat