Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-08-2015, 03:35 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
Yet some still want to start jedi..
There is room for all 3
Old 18-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
He is also a Brummie, so undecipherable
Old 18-08-2015, 03:37 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Smith is a prize twat. Colleague cancelled his Sky subscription once and gave the reason as 'I cant stand listening to Alan Smith commentate'.
Old 24-08-2015, 12:21 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Now that i have seen him 3 times. I have mixed emotions. He is a tackling midfielder that continuously recycles the ball with a touch of class. He offers the defenders an option lots of the time and i think he has played well in most of the games. However there is a part of me that feels a little underwhelmed I was expecting him to contribute some more "wow" moments. He hasn't so far in truth.

I think this has more to do with my expectations of him as a player. I suppose i was expecting more of a playmaker (I think because of that display against us at selhurst) that would help unlock the opposition rather than an Arteta type that just helps things tick over and allows others to play.

Last edited by scro; 24-08-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 24-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Now that i have seen him 3 times. I have mixed emotions. He is a tackling midfielder that continuously recycles the ball with a touch of class. He offers the defenders an option lots of the time and i think he has played well in most of the games. However there is a part of me that feels a little underwhelmed I was expecting him to contribute some more "wow" moments. He hasn't so far in truth.

I think this has more to do with my expectations of him as a player. I suppose i was expecting more of a playmaker (I think because of that display against us at selhurst) that would help unlock the opposition rather than an Arteta type that just helps things tick over and allows others to play.
Good assessment, I agree

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 24-08-2015, 12:50 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:

I kind of agree

I think he will look better with better movement in front of him, he needs runners to hit.

I do think Puncheon should be on free kicks though, that free kick on saturday was perfect for a left footer to curl it in the near post.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 24-08-2015, 12:52 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

agreed I thought him more of a defence splitter but so far he's actually been of very efficient mover of the ball. I think it's probably because he has been deep that he's not really had much chance to 'pick a lock'
Old 24-08-2015, 01:05 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So far I've been impressed but I personally think he is a little wasted in a deep role. Would like to Jedinak and him play in the middle of the park together with Cabaye bombing on a bit more
Old 24-08-2015, 01:23 PM

DaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveP came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
So far I've been impressed but I personally think he is a little wasted in a deep role. Would like to Jedinak and him play in the middle of the park together with Cabaye bombing on a bit more
I completely agree, was sitting far too deep on saturday.

We saw what he was capable off when played further forward against Norwich.
Old 24-08-2015, 01:47 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
Presumably the only way to do that is to play jedinak alongside mccarthur and shift him further up the pitch?
Old 24-08-2015, 01:56 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Slightly wasted in the deep role for me - not sure why we would spend circa £12m on someone to deploy them so deep when we already had players like McArthur, Ledley and Jedi who are good enough in that position.

I'd love to see him Cabaye in behind the striker, starting on Saturday. He's got the class to own that position. I think he will get better and better and will start to control games more when he is fully match fit and used to us.
Old 24-08-2015, 02:31 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
He's unbelievably good at tackling and winning the ball back - which is why he plays there
Old 24-08-2015, 05:03 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His anticipation stat should be 20 on Football Manager. Even against Arsenal he knew where their players were passing before they did, never seen anything like it.

He is definitely still getting used to the pace of it though, every game he has chugging his lungs out after about 70 minutes.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:28 PM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I agree too although I was expecting this as knew he wasn't the type of player many on here were expecting. It's still an important role to play BUT as a team our size is it a role that's a priority and vital enough to spend such large sums of money on is a fair question.

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 24-08-2015, 05:32 PM

redemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredemptionday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

He can play either role. It depends, because when he sits alongside McCarthur he naturally gets less room and spends time further away from the goal.

He played a fair bit at Newcastle in the Puncheon role just in front, and that's where most of his assists and through balls came from. Plus that allowed him more opportunity for long range shots on goal.

I'd like to see him play in that pushed ahead role for us (on occasion - maybe not all the time). I posted saying I'd have put Jedi in on Saturday so that we could have a solid bank behind him and let him go further forward. Some said it was negative - especially at home - but I don't think it necessarily is. It would actually give us greater platform to keep the ball and push our best player closer to goal and in more close link with our wingers and striker. Man City did the same under Mancini sometimes where they'd take off a forward player for De Jong (our Jedinak) and push Yaya Toure ahead.

In fact, that was often their attacking change and not the obvious one of bringing on another striker.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:38 PM

Seaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaside Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

He played behind the striker at Newcastle and offered a lot more going forward from that position. He's playing very deep at the moment (the same position he was playing for France and PSG) which limits the amount of attacking threat he can have. I think as his fitness improves we'll see him become much more of a box-to-box player and he'll really show what he can do on the ball.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
He is class. Against Arsenal a 40 or so yard pass came to him which he took in his instep and perfectly moved the ball to run onto, ive never seen a Palace player look that comfortable. Against Norwich he played some killer balls. To be analysing him after 3 games is ridiculous in my opinion, Im sure over the season he will produce match winning moments.

Last edited by MFBias; 24-08-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:49 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was expecting him to be the player to 'unlock the defence', but he's played too deep to be able to do that so far. However, I have been amazed by his defensive displays so far- he seems to appear out of nowhere all the time and regularly wins the ball back. I'd love to see how many interceptions he's already made this season too. He's definitely improved our starting XI without a doubt.
Old 24-08-2015, 05:56 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
He is class. Against Arsenal a 40 or so yard pass came to him which he took in his instep and perfectly moved the ball to run onto, ive never seen a Palace player look that comfortable. Against Norwich he played some killer balls. To be analysing him after 3 games is ridiculous in my opinion, Im sure over the season he will produce match winning moments.
This. He is world class. Once our formation and team is settled for a bit he will run the show for us
Old 24-08-2015, 06:01 PM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me he's feeling his way into the season and getting up to fitness like many players at this stage. The time to worry would be if he'd been complete shite and we were sitting with next to no points. Theres plenty of class been shown without going overboard.