Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-09-2015, 05:48 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
Carasso made just one appearance, as a substitute for Matt Clarke, against Birmingham

Berthelin was one of four goalkeepers we used in the promotion season 2003-04.

Matt Clarke played the first four games before a serious injury finished his career then Berthelin took over and played until a poor performance in the 3-4 home defeat to Ipswich.

We then brought in Thomas Myrhe on loan for three months, Berthelin then got back in the team but after another poor performance at Nottingham Forest we brought in Nico Vaesen on loan for the last ten league games of which we won seven

Vaesen was outstanding in the play-off final at Cardiff but preferred to sign a new contract at Birmingham and sit on the bench for two seasons rather than play in the Premier League for us

If Vaesen had signed for us we probably wouldn't have signed Julian Speroni!
Vaesen didn't join because the Dildo merchants hiked the price up to £4m, which Jordan rightly refused to pay.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:15 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He said he asked to be subbed for France , because he had a pain in the pubic bone.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:56 PM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
We can always play ward in midfield...

Thanks warnock
Old 13-09-2015, 07:26 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Early but so far he seems far better defensively than I imagined, really gets stuck in and his quickness and know how means he reads the passes and turns well.

To balance that going forward I think its fair to say he hasnt blown me away, great through ball vs Norwich aside there hasnt been many moments of magic, poor shots and I think set pieces should stay with punch imo.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 13-09-2015, 07:31 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Early but so far he seems far better defensively than I imagined, really gets stuck in and his quickness and know how means he reads the passes and turns well.

To balance that going forward I think its fair to say he hasnt blown me away, great through ball vs Norwich aside there hasnt been many moments of magic, poor shots and I think set pieces should stay with punch imo.
The way we play means he's having to sit deeper than i'd like him to. Think Punch had an off day yesterday, not helped by our insistence on bypassing the midfield
Old 13-09-2015, 07:35 PM

Bryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is hereBryan Sam the man is here
I think he's getting better and better as his fitness improves. Give him another 3 games and I think we get the best of him. Superb already though.

I also like the fact he just gives it everything all the time.
Old 13-09-2015, 07:36 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
The way we play means he's having to sit deeper than i'd like him to. Think Punch had an off day yesterday, not helped by our insistence on bypassing the midfield
I am Punch's biggest fan but I agree he was very poor yesterday, I actually think Punch plays better when he drops slightly deeper, he seems a little lost close to the striker.

Old 13-09-2015, 07:56 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cabaye has been absolutely magnificent. What a footballer. Has transformed our team.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 13-09-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000 View Post
Cabaye has been absolutely magnificent. What a footballer. Has transformed our team.
Thats over the top, he's been a good energetic and tidy defensive midfielder who plays a nice simple ball.

I wouldnt say he's really been head and shoulders above everyone like you are hinting at.

Old 13-09-2015, 08:03 PM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought sako and punch by their own high standard slipped a tad yesterday......unfortunately in punch trying to thread balls through the corridors between centre back and full backs will be such in putting the ball at risk will ccasionally be guilty of a loose ball......needs to keep working on his game but has so many brownie points for his past dozen performances all that is required for him be reminded of his responsibility....and of others on bench waiting for their chance
Old 13-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Carasso got a name check in yesterday's programme - as the keeper for the Bordeaux team in their two nil Champion's League win at Bayern Munich - Chamakh's featured match.
Old 13-09-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
Thought sako and punch by their own high standard slipped a tad yesterday......unfortunately in punch trying to thread balls through the corridors between centre back and full backs will be such in putting the ball at risk will ccasionally be guilty of a loose ball......needs to keep working on his game but has so many brownie points for his past dozen performances all that is required for him be reminded of his responsibility....and of others on bench waiting for their chance
Agree

Old 13-09-2015, 08:08 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Thats over the top, he's been a good energetic and tidy defensive midfielder.

Fair enough, but I disagree completely.

His ability to manipulate space allows the whole team to keep the ball better.

And he's been central to the way we've pressed this season, which had obviously been further up the pitch and at a much higher intensity. He picks the right moments to go and when to stay.

He's one of two changes to the outfield players and we're controlling Premier League games for the first time ever. And going toe to toe against the very best.
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 13-09-2015, 08:48 PM
My Name Isn't Jono

Jono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's always a step ahead of the game, his reading of the play is the best I've seen from a Palace player.
Old 13-09-2015, 09:30 PM

Frisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFrisky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14 View Post
He's always a step ahead of the game, his reading of the play is the best I've seen from a Palace player.
Agreed. What I noticed yesterday was how quickly he recycles the ball. He sees a pass before he's won the ball and then having won it makes a pass before the oppo have a chance to set themselves up for a counter. Perfect for our team and will only improve our ability to break quickly.

Criticism from some on Punch is harsh. He was up against Toure for much of the game and (I thought) handled himself v well - especially given the size of the man. I thought he played well given the role.
Old 14-09-2015, 07:02 AM
Stealing your cat

Essexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEssexeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000 View Post
Agree. He is pretty much the reason why we are able to transition from defence to attack so effectively, and why our ball retention is so much better.

The fact both he and McArthur can tackle and retain the ball, coupled with his reading of the game, is a key reason why we are getting 40+ possession against City and will get 50+% against weaker sides.

Remember that of the five games he's played. Three have been against champions league sides and one has been away. His recycling and probing will be a key factor when we play sides that come to defend.
Old 14-09-2015, 07:36 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexeagle View Post
His recycling and probing will be a key factor when we play sides that come to defend.
I also like to recycle household waste but I don't probe it
Old 14-09-2015, 07:46 AM
♥ Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essexeagle View Post
Remember that of the five games he's played. Three have been against champions league sides and one has been away. His recycling and probing will be a key factor when we play sides that come to defend.
Indeed. He'd have come in handy in home defeats to West Ham, Sunderland, Villa, WBA, Hull...
Old 16-09-2015, 09:09 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Warning - Bit of a drool/rant

This table (originally shown on BBC Sport I think) might help dispel the myth that there is no way that we can play Cabaye and MacArthur or that Jedi has to play behind him to bolster things. Surely people's eyes against Chelsea and Man City and the numbers both tell us the same thing. But probably not .......

That old cliche that the first yard is in his head is an understatement with Yo. Watching him is almost spooky because he seems to know what is going to happen next and reacts before anyone else. As if he is seeing what happens in the next few seconds. So he is always moving in the right place to intercept.

Also he has that thing you see with a lot of classy midfielders, he has an uncanny map of where every player is - almost as if he is seeing an aerial photo alongside normal vision because he plays the pass as he wins the ball. These aren't limited always to a nudge to the player next to him but are often raked across the width to a players stride. So I am thinking I would like him to pick my lottery numbers because he either has second sight or he is one lucky 'Fils de pute'.

The final bit in the jigsaw is his pace over 4 or 5 feet. So one minute the player with the ball is in space with time to bring the ball under control and the next second Yo is in his face. If you watch the playbacks he does it again and again and I swear Macca is also doing this better now. They don't do the easy thing which is to fill the space and let the player push it on they are right on them and putting them under pressure.

The undeniable quality of his passing and his first touch just makes him a dream to watch really and against weaker teams where he can be more expansive we will start to see more of that.

2015/16 Interceptions--Tackles--Minutes Played
Yohan Cabaye - 21------------15-----434
Jack Cork - - - -19-------------7------385
Jordan Amavi -- 18 - - - - - --19 - -- 450
Etienne Capoue -18 -----------10 - - -436
Laurent Koscielny 17- - - - - -- 5 - - -360
Sebastian Prödl - 17 - - - - - - 6 - - -450
Micah Richards - -17 - - - - - - 7 - - -450
Old 16-09-2015, 09:16 AM
Right up the Sainsbury's.

Jim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJim's Cannon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would also add that he brings a calmness to our back four that perhaps wasn't there before. He plays a pass back to one of them and is then immediately available again if needs be.

He is giving them time to look up and play a pass rather than hit the 60yd angled pass that we invariably ended up with last season.

A few times on Saturday Brede played a lovely low forward pass to one of our front players as Cabaye had drawn the City forward and given him time.

He is a joy to watch.