Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Banned by Moderators

SirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Joe Ledley Appreciation Thread

Just a word for who I think has been one of our best buys in recent years. Love his commitment, work rate, reliability and consistency. It was obvious that our midfield missed him when he was gone and I seriously believe he is the cog in the wheel of our team. He keeps everything ticking when he has the ball and draws defenders out of position for our wingers to expose them. Brilliant player.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's quite simplistic to say, but i think he's the difference. Comes back into the team and we play like were were under pulis
Old 21-09-2014, 10:51 PM

CPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never going to be the most exciting player so won't get the plaudits, but we're such a better team with him in it.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leap of faith View Post
It's quite simplistic to say, but i think he's the difference. Comes back into the team and we play like were were under pulis
I agree.

Of course all we get from BBSrs is ill informed comments on the standard of the scotish leagues
Old 21-09-2014, 10:55 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
First name on the team sheet for me. Steady hand on the tiller.
Old 21-09-2014, 11:10 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache View Post
First name on the team sheet for me. Steady hand on the tiller.
Yep, think he's an absolutely outstanding player. And a proper bargain at the price we paid. Just had a touch of class about him. Have to say, all three of the cm today looked good together, but Ledley is certainly the key
Old 21-09-2014, 11:12 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As i said on another thread. His work rate and ability, with mcarthur doing a similar job next too him also makes jedi look at home.
Them three form the best, most balanced midfield since i started watching palace. As a trio, each one will grow to be irreplacable.
Old 21-09-2014, 11:15 PM

christineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farchristineeagle stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Great today but must be the most injury prone player - injured in the warm up, injured in the fricking dug out!!! We're going to have to keep him in bubble wrap as we need him!
Old 21-09-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Superb player. One of the best signings we have ever made IMHO. Still surprised no one else came in for him in Jan.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:08 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Celtic mate of mine was gutted he left. He has turned out to be exactly what he said he would be. Solid, no nonsense, workman-like, steady, great passing....
Old 22-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Great player. Wouldn't like to be Warnock, I mean how do you decide who to have in midfield when Chamakh is back?
Old 22-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
Great player. Wouldn't like to be Warnock, I mean how do you decide who to have in midfield when Chamakh is back?
He might put Chammy up front... I wouldn't, but he might.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:38 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
I probably under appreciated him last season, I felt he was average at everything and didnt excel in any aspect of his game, plus his shooting was poor.

Today though he was fantastic, defensively great plus he just has that bit of quality to keep the ball.

Ledley McArthur and Jedinek is probably the strongest midfield 3 In the last 15-20 years or so.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 22-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
He might put Chammy up front... I wouldn't, but he might.
Probably the only obvious place for him right now as a starting position.

Id definitely stick with JML in midfield judging by that performance today.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:27 AM

BarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep I have to agree. Ledley one of my fav's without a doubt!
Old 22-09-2014, 08:31 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Ledley is probably our best player
Old 22-09-2014, 08:34 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I probably under appreciated him last season, I felt he was average at everything and didnt excel in any aspect of his game, plus his shooting was poor.

Today though he was fantastic, defensively great plus he just has that bit of quality to keep the ball.

Ledley McArthur and Jedinek is probably the strongest midfield 3 In the last 15-20 years or so.
They have played one game together. Talk about jumping to conclusions.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:47 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Why were Bolasie and Puncheon receiving the ball more often and in much better positions?

Why was Jedi back to himself?

Why was an out/pass always on?

The answer is Joe Ledley.

Said before the season started he was a shoe in for player of the season. His energy levels and footballing brain is a class above. He makes us tick and other players thrive when hes playing. Could turn out to be one of our best signings ever?
Old 22-09-2014, 08:56 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Why were Bolasie and Puncheon receiving the ball more often and in much better positions?
More to do with insane Everton tactics, they are too open to counter attacking football the way they play.

Martinez didnt learn his lesson from the last game between us.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 22-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is hereDavid of Kent Sam the man is here
I'd seen a bit, but not a lot, of him over the seasons, but what convinced me we were getting a very good player was the opinions of the Cardiff and Celtic fans of him. There just seemed to be no split opinions at all and to a man they all seemed to love him. He was clearly cheap due to his contract winding down and a massive upgrade on what we had. Has been a wonderful signing
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.