Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-09-2014, 12:39 AM

Twin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You should have given them the "50p to mind your train mister"
Old 22-09-2014, 01:01 AM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If it's any consolation I have broken down on my way back to Monmouth
Sitting in car awaiting RAC have 7.00am start but hey palace won at Everton!
Old 22-09-2014, 01:17 AM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Waiting in a Palace wonderland!!!
Old 22-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Finally made it home at 3.15 am. Long old trip, but the 3 points means a decent sleep, at last!

Visit http://achingarms.co.uk/
Old 22-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
If its any consolation, just getting out the city was a bugger - took me till 7pm to get on the M62, and the M6 was terrible all the way down to Stoke, so a 'quick getaway' wouldn't have been quick anyway.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-09-2014, 07:41 AM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDONMAN View Post
Finally made it home at 3.15 am. Long old trip, but the 3 points means a decent sleep, at last!
Great effort my man, least you saw us pick up 3 points!

Hope you get some of refund as a result of the drivers error.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
If its any consolation, just getting out the city was a bugger - took me till 7pm to get on the M62, and the M6 was terrible all the way down to Stoke, so a 'quick getaway' wouldn't have been quick anyway.
It was a pain in the arse we got home at Midnight

bloody City and Chelsea fans heading back to London.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 22-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Got home at 23.10, with about a minute to spare to watch the highlights on MOTD2.
My personal favourite was a car decided to break down in front of me in the fast lane of some M6 roadworks (where there was no hard shoulder anyway to be fair) and I had to have the reactions of an F1 driver to not go into the back of it.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 22-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Aching Arms

LONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is hereLONDONMAN Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Great effort my man, least you saw us pick up 3 points!

Hope you get some of refund as a result of the drivers error.

Cheers TMH, to be fair, I think we have alot to thank Graham Maskell for on the way back, as he stepped forward to 'guide' our errant driver through the more direct route through Central London, rather than around the M25 and A3 back to Selhurst, which would probably have added at least 30 minutes, probably more to the journey.

Lord only knows what time some people made it back to their homes by, as many live alot further away from the ground than me and again some would barely have had time to grab some rest before setting off for work or school again.

Really think the whole thing needs a thorough investigation by the Club and Kingsferry.

1. No recovery plan by Kingsferry (who are owned by National Coaches!) with no recovery kit or liason with other coach firm for alterantive transport.

2. No help from the other Palace away coaches, who drove off without asessing our situation.

3. Without the intervention of the passengers, this would have been an even worse trip back, so it shows a lack of planning and professionalism on behalf of both the Club and Kingsferry.

Last edited by LONDONMAN; 22-09-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Aching Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Hope you made it back OK H.E. - Between us Palace away supporters - a trip to Everton looks like the Dunkirk Evacuation from 1940!

Last edited by LONDONMAN; 22-09-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
Got home at 23.10, with about a minute to spare to watch the highlights on MOTD2.
My personal favourite was a car decided to break down in front of me in the fast lane of some M6 roadworks (where there was no hard shoulder anyway to be fair) and I had to have the reactions of an F1 driver to not go into the back of it.
yeah saw that! what a place to breakdown poor bastards.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 22-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I don’t know the full ins and outs, but not really sure how the club can be held to blame here.

What could the stewards on the other coaches really do? I doubt they could have got the coach moving and wouldn’t have been able to take any other people.

Sounds shit though and hopefully all those stuck on the coach will be reimbursed by the coach company and aren’t struggling too much today. Sounds like huge incompetence that could quite easily have been controlled though.

If it’s any consolation I had a 4 and a half hour in Szczecin airport yesterday on my way home from a work trip. Ryanair gave us a food and drink voucher worth £3 for our trouble and the airport was so small it ran out of food before I got the chance to eat. I got home in time to see the last 20 minutes on a dodgy stream!
Old 22-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
It's all good fun though right... It becomes one of those stories.

I remember going to Goodison park once, before palace won the Premiership and Champions League 20 times in a row, I was on one of those old fashioned coaches that drove on roads, none of this flying coaches you have these days and it took 8 hours to get to Liverpool not 8 minutes...
Old 22-09-2014, 02:16 PM

liberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietliberal clubber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the coach company surely should have a spare battery on board each coach. The jump leads to help other coaches in the fleet?
Old 22-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
It was bad; the roadworks on the M6 were a nightmare. "Let's shut off three lanes of traffic into just one and cause a 10 mile tailback"

At least if the Highways dept was going to do that, they could have at least made the M6 toll road free (which would have alleviated most of the delay).

I got home at 2.35am
Old 22-09-2014, 02:29 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Hope you made it back OK H.E. - Between us Palace away supporters - a trip to Everton looks like the Dunkirk Evacuation from 1940!
I got home at 2.00am -by the way I wasn't the car that broke down in the fast lane on the M6 -I broke down in ross on wye only 20mis from home !
Old 22-09-2014, 02:36 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Oh boy, that sounded like a tough journey.

And judging from what you've said, I agree the staff on the other coaches should have shown interest in helping. They might have had useful advice and suggestions...or even a spare seat(s) to take a few passengers away?

And then once they couldn't help any further, then they should have continued their journey home having first checked your coach had other help coming.
Old 22-09-2014, 02:39 PM
older member

SHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSHIPEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
2. No help from the other Palace away coaches, who drove off without asessing our situation.
To be fair to the other coach drivers (Coach 1 and Coach 3) they did assess the situation and in fact the Lucketts coach (coach 3) took 5 of the passengers
All the coach drivers were aware of the coach 2 situation but there was no need to hold there departure up as there was nothing they could have done to help. However the coach 1 steward should have at least checked the situation and offered to fill any empty seats of that coach, he didn't and should perhaps have offered to remain behind as he is the Chief coach steward and should be resolving these matters, he could have asked the coach 1 drivers to wait a few minutes to fill any empty seats
Old 22-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Aching Arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIPEAGLE View Post
To be fair to the other coach drivers (Coach 1 and Coach 3) they did assess the situation and in fact the Lucketts coach (coach 3) took 5 of the passengers
All the coach drivers were aware of the coach 2 situation but there was no need to hold there departure up as there was nothing they could have done to help. However the coach 1 steward should have at least checked the situation and offered to fill any empty seats of that coach, he didn't and should perhaps have offered to remain behind as he is the Chief coach steward and should be resolving these matters, he could have asked the coach 1 drivers to wait a few minutes to fill any empty seats

Good of you to put the record straight and many thanks to you for helping to make the trip back a bit smoother than it would otherwise have been.

Palace away trips always used to be organised and stewarded by supporters who knew how to do the job properly, but sadly, this incident shows that the Club have allowed the task to be delegated to people who have no real idea how to deal with these situations as they simply don't travel to away matches.

Simple message to the Club - put people in charge of Away Travel that go to matches and have experience of dealing with these emergencies on the spot.

Old 22-09-2014, 03:20 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Cheers TMH, to be fair, I think we have alot to thank Graham Maskell for on the way back, as he stepped forward to 'guide' our errant driver through the more direct route through Central London, rather than around the M25 and A3 back to Selhurst, which would probably have added at least 30 minutes, probably more to the journey.

Lord only knows what time some people made it back to their homes by, as many live alot further away from the ground than me and again some would barely have had time to grab some rest before setting off for work or school again.

Really think the whole thing needs a thorough investigation by the Club and Kingsferry.

1. No recovery plan by Kingsferry (who are owned by National Coaches!) with no recovery kit or liason with other coach firm for alterantive transport.

3. Without the intervention of the passengers, this would have been an even worse trip back, so it shows a lack of planning and professionalism on behalf of both the Club and Kingsferry.

on point 2; i was on coach 3 and we took FIVE passengers off your coach so someone on our coach was aware of the situation (i actually thought the extra 5 were trying to catch a lift for free!!!)

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is