Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM

cpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I'm starting to believe big things can happen if we maintain the team and run we have and add to it. I've got local Arsenal fans etc asking about tickets to Palace now we are suddenly top of the league. Now I think it's a bit ugly these guys being suddenly interested and I'd hate to be a club of fans like theirs but we could do with the income. If we maintain the style and success then maybe we can finally tap in to this large potential we have had.
It's crazy to see how much more interest there is in us from the mainstream media in just the last few days, which can only have a positive effect on the crowds we get.

I agree, it's not ideal that other clubs "fans" are figuratively shopping around, but we'll take what we can get. If we were to stay in the top flight for 5-6 years constantly, I see no reason why we couldn't get crowds of 40,000 into Sehurst, with a new ground of course.

The potential is there, for sure.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Kent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKent-eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered
I'm starting to believe big things can happen if we maintain the team and run we have and add to it. I've got local Arsenal fans etc asking about tickets to Palace now we are suddenly top of the league. Now I think it's a bit ugly these guys being suddenly interested and I'd hate to be a club of fans like theirs but we could do with the income. If we maintain the style and success then maybe we can finally tap in to this large potential we have had.
If their local just bring em down, take their money and hopefully turn them. Obviously boys who needed a bit of glory when younger, but could be swayed into giving that up and becoming a genuine local Palace supporter. Worth a try so as I say drag em down here. I`m sure they`ll love the type of football we`re playing and the atmosphere could sway it. Afterall if they are talking about coming down here they cant be season ticket holders can they.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I blame that Sussanah reid...why'd she have to start singing this morning?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I belong to Yo.

squelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsquelchy18 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We seem to be the most talked about team in the country atm.
Old 13-11-2012, 01:22 PM

cpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecpfcdan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My thoughts on the way the media have incorrectly judged Wilf in the last 24 hours.

Any feedback or comment is more than welcome, thanks.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcdan
My thoughts on the way the media have incorrectly judged Wilf in the last 24 hours.

Any feedback or comment is more than welcome, thanks.

Old 13-11-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B Glazier
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
I must say, although the Mail has already got a shocking reputation, the article, given that it was written by a Palace fan is obviously written with the intention of creating controversy. I expected a bit better considering the fact that Ashton knows how important Wilf is to us.
Old 13-11-2012, 02:43 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Lets face it, the media haven't got a player's personality so wrong since Lombardo apparently insisted on a butler before he'd sign for Crystal Palace.
Old 13-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
......and never let your football club allegiance get in the way of your career.

Quote:
I must say, although the Mail has already got a shocking reputation, the article, given that it was written by a Palace fan is obviously written with the intention of creating controversy. I expected a bit better considering the fact that Ashton knows how important Wilf is to us.
Old 13-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B Glazier
......and never let your football club allegiance get in the way of your career.
This is sad but true, R&B Glazier.
Old 13-11-2012, 04:55 PM

Today's round-up is predictably centered around Wilfried Zaha.

There are links to both the Daily Mail and Guardian pieces which have caused such a storm since last night.

I have given my opinion on why I feel the media have got Wilf wrong based on the general reaction to some of his comments.

There is comment from Darren Ambrose, Gary Issott, Andy Gray, Paul Hart and Danny Sturridge as to how far they think Zaha is capable of going in the world game.

Five Year Plan have done their best to collate all of the rumours circulating about the winger.

Whilst finally, there is news of our U21 fixture against Chelsea yesterday.

Any feedback is more than welcome.

Last edited by cpfcdan; 13-11-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 14-11-2012, 05:03 PM

Today there is obviously a huge amount of news related to Wilfried Zaha.

There is an interview with Mark Bright, in which the former Palace striker talks Zaha up as one of the brighest talents ever to emerge from our academy.

The England manager of yesteryear, Sven-Goran Eriksson has weighed in with his thoughts on Zaha's future, discussing the difficulty of deciding between England and the Ivory Coast.

There is a piece on UK Football Finder which describes us as "the talk of the Football League", a statement that will always be nice to hear.

There is comment from the England manager, Roy Hodgson about what he expects from any player (Wilf, Raheem Sterling and Jenkinson) when the opportunity of playing for the country is offered.

George Burley has given his opinion to The Independent on Wilf, thanks to the media clamour to speak to anyone who has ever worked with him, I fully expect his year 2 dinner lady to be interviewed in tomorrow's Sun.

That being said, there is a painfully uninformed piece on Zaha's ability written by a blog I've never heard of which describes him as having only "one trick" feel free to read it and get your blood boiling.

The Swedish coaches are worried about Wilf, they've told the press as much and who could blame them?

KG has been talking to the South African press about his Premier League ambitions and sounding pretty ruthless whilst doing it.

Finally, Five Year Plan have done their best to offer some sanity on the subject of Wilf, I'm sure Sky Sports News won't stop running with "Zaha claims he's 1 million times better than Pele" though...

Hopefully you enjoy it.

Last edited by cpfcdan; 14-11-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 15-11-2012, 05:02 PM

In today's round-up, Geoff Thomas discusses the benefits of Wilf going away with England this week, both for Zaha himself and the club.

There is the official site's re-cap on last night, with reaction to Wilf's England debut and news of how KG got on for South Africa.

A match report of last night's England game is attached, predictably, it revolves heavily around Zlatan Ibrahimovic's performance.

Zaha's thunderbolt agaist Wolves has won the club vote for goal of the month, there is the official story on that.

Naveed Khan has written a quite detailed piece on the holes in the EPPP system, as highlighted by the success of players such as Wilf, not that I imagine it will make much difference to the decision makers in the game.

Finally, there is a piece from the betting site Bwin which makes a case for backing us to beat Derby on Saturday and stay top of the league.

Hopefully you enjoy it.

Any feedback is more than welcome, let me know what you think, could improve etc.
Old 16-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Today's round-up has comments from Jonny Parr in relation to the support the team had against Peterborough on Saturday, it seems the defender was a little taken aback by the numbers we took.

Nigel Clough has been full of praise for our squad, saying that we are the "toughest test" his team will have faced so far this season.

Five Year Plan have got a Derby County blogger to give us his take on tomorrow's game, whilst the official site have got a detailed preview of the fixture up, should it be of interest to you.

Ian Holloway held his pre-match press conference this afternoon and there are all the quotes from that, which include some good news on the future of Damien Delaney.

Nathaniel Pinney has spoken to the Guardian about his happiness at Wilf's full England call-up, having played in the same academy group with him for a number of years.

I also wrote about the need for perspective as we head into this weekends game, after a week which has been dominated by Wilf's England debut.

Hoepfully you enjoy it all.

Any feedback is, as always, welcome.
Old 19-11-2012, 08:00 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Today's round-up is predictably centered around Wilfried Zaha.

There are links to both the Daily Mail and Guardian pieces which have caused such a storm since last night.

I have given my opinion on why I feel the media have got Wilf wrong based on the general reaction to some of his comments.

There is comment from Darren Ambrose, Gary Issott, Andy Gray, Paul Hart and Danny Sturridge as to how far they think Zaha is capable of going in the world game.

Five Year Plan have done their best to collate all of the rumours circulating about the winger.

Whilst finally, there is news of our U21 fixture against Chelsea yesterday.

This remind anyone of the CP-FRIS? That was great
Old 19-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Today's round-up is a pretty extensive one given the amount of news over the weekend.

I've given my thoughts on why we've been able to sustain our current fine form over so many weeks, it's certainly not a fluke.

There is a full and passionate report on our 3 - 0 triumph over Derby County from Red N Blue Army, which obviously is rather upbeat given our form in recent weeks.

There is reaction to the game from both Ian Holloway and Nigel Clough, Ollie is quite understandably ecstatic given his start as Palace manager, whilst Clough was refreshingly complimentary of us in his comments.

Holloway also spoke of his admiration for Glenn Murray's ability, saying he's as good as any striker he's coached in his managerial career.

Andre Moritz also spoke to the press after the game, and said that he was loving his time with the club, insisting that his first loyalty will be to the club should anyone else come in for him.

Yannick Bolasie is equally pleased with his start to life in SE25, telling the South London Press that he's trying to improve every week but that he's very happy with the amount of games he's getting.

Thanks to the two players mentioned above, it's obvious to all Palace fans that we are far from a one man team, as some of the media have painted us. Stephen Bridle has written an excellent piece for Five Year Plan saying just that. It's worth a read.

Ian Evatt has spoken about the drop in training standards during the final weeks of Holloway's Blackpool reign, which you could get really worried about, or take with a man sized pinch of salt, it's entirely up to you.

Finally, there's a reminder that the development squad take on Wolves at Selhurst Park this evening, if you've got nothing else going on, why not head down there?

Any feedback is, as always, encouraged.

Hopefully you enjoy it.

Thanks.
Old 19-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Excellent site Dan. Thanks
Old 19-11-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's Jacket
Excellent site Dan. Thanks
Thanks very much, I appreciate that.

I'm just glad to know it's going down well on here and that people are enjoying reading them.
Old 19-11-2012, 06:33 PM

deanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningdeanup would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Excellent work I had forgotten all about CP-FRIS but the style of this brings back happy memories.

If this keeps going I think it should be stickied.
Old 19-11-2012, 06:47 PM

Soarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is hereSoarin' Eagles Sam the man is here
Another good read. Keep up the good work.