Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Wilbraham Appreciation Thread

Wilbraham still getting unfair stick I see...

Ok yes he's not a great player, but he holds the ball well, and tries to play others in. Which is why we should play pacey players with him to feed off. He's not going to bag us 20 goals a season, but he certainly has something to his game that I like and feel he can contribute.

Let's get behind AW if he starts Monday rather than slating him continuously! He might just surprise a few people.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:50 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
21 games for Palace is over half a season, scored 0
agree with you that we should get behind the team no matter who's playing.
Maybe Monday he gets his first goal for palace and ends up with a brace, lets hope so
Old 11-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think we need a "facts about Wilbraham" thread to boost everyone's confidence in him
Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 AM

Beneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeneaglee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
21 appearances 0 goals does make you worry a little bit.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
He did ok last night.

Some classy touches.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneaglee
4 starts in those 21 games... And dare I say the majority of those 17 subs appearances have come with less than 5-10 minutes left when we're holding a lead.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:57 AM

Holmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHolmbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Started about 3. In total time he's probably only played about 5 games time wise. We looked good when he came on last night.
Gutted for Glen, but he has been off form recently, carrying a slight injury for a while.
This enforced change could be a blessing in disguise, however if nobody gets close to Wilbs we will be unlikely to score, so need to play higher up the pitch
Old 11-05-2013, 10:58 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I'd honestly say that we should play Ramage up front over wilbraham - he'd probably be more likely to score!

I can't fault wilbraham for his effort but I can't believe he has made a career out of being a striker.

I'll be fully behind him though as we have no other choice. Super KP can't start and last the 90.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:00 AM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
4 starts in those 21 games... And dare I say the majority of those 17 subs appearances have come with less than 5-10 minutes left when we're holding a lead.
Fair enough, I just looked at his wiki page and as you are aware it just puts down appearances and goals scored.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He doesn't seem to get forward quote and take position quite as quickly as Glenn, but his hold up play is slightly better which should suit the game on Monday. It's important that the ball is not coming straight back at us from clearances.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Looked more mobile than Glenn who has carried a pretty bad injury for 2 months.

He's a different option, but I think you have to play 2 up front for this to work.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM

MARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMARK PALACE TILL I DIE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is his big chance to go down in Palace history.

Good Luck AW – Be our new Hero

Old 11-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Banned by Moderators

The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole The_Mole
Never been a fan of non scoring strikers, no matter how hard they try and how good they are at defending from the front.

Don't know why this needs a "wilbraham appreciation thread", all players who turn out on Monday will be given 100% support, no matter how crap they are.

My concern is that we play the usual 451 with wilbraham replacing Murray, if this happens I really can't see where the goals are going to come from. Hoping I have tempted fate now and would love to see me proved wrong with a 3 0 won with a wilbraham hatrick
Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mole
Don't know why this needs a "wilbraham appreciation thread", all players who turn out on Monday will be given 100% support, no matter how crap they are.
That's the spirit.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
face and voice for radio

JDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is hereJDawg Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez
Looked more mobile than Glenn who has carried a pretty bad injury for 2 months.

He's a different option, but I think you have to play 2 up front for this to work.
Completely agree. Would also point out that he looked pretty good for Norwich this time last year and the bland statistic of 21 games and 0 goals is at best misleading. It doesn't take a genius to work out he hasn't had a huge number of starts or minutes on the pitch.

He'll do just fine.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:11 AM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not if he scores on Monday .
Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He did score vs PNE in the cup this season...pretty well taken header too.

Wins more in the air than Murray (and if we are going to consist with high balls, this is useful), he gets more fouls, his hold up play is decent and is more aware of players around him than Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 11-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If he stayed on his feet more he might create something but i would be happy with a 90 min winner off his arse on monday but I doubt he will be on that long.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM
It's all in the game

gamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
His first touch is class, and his awareness is excellent, but he can't do it by himself, he's not that kind of player.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:21 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
According to last night's programme he had 1 goal in 24 appearances but as others have said 17 were as a sub. I thought he looked quite useful when he came on yesterday but probably more the sort of player to lay on goals for others which would be good if Zaha and Bolasie were better at shooting or if he played alongside Phillips.

Anyone think Easter may get a recall?