Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I was thinking we should recall Easter. That's how desperate our situation is but I don't see any harm in having him on the bench. Never rated him much but he's more likely to get you a goal than Wilbraham.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:31 AM

-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine-N.W.A- : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like Wilbs he is very underrated whenever he has played he has put in a shift he has a fantastic touch and is a beast in the air. TBH he has been doing more then Glenn lately so this could be a blessing one of those things that could be the catalyst for us to get promoted. IH has been prasing his attitude and class in training im more then happy for him to be starting. On the subject of Easter our worst football in recent time has been with Easter up top as a lone target man where when he played next to Scannel he looked very good early last season. He must be match fit after his spell at Millwall and don't see why he shouldn't be considered if he looks good in training.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:45 AM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I think he is a pretty decent backup option, I don't see the point in slating the guy - he has a big part to play in the next game.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:49 AM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGerry from Sussex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well looking on the brght side (or trying to) he has an unexpected chance to become an overnight legend. Maybe that will inspire him. I expect it will also mean we may see KP for more than 5 minutes, which is always a good thing as he can still win you a match with one half chance as he is one of the most natural goal scorers in the game. In fact, I'd be tempted to start them both and go for broke (but that's probably why I'll never have the nous to be a manager!!)
Old 11-05-2013, 11:53 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Wilbraham still getting unfair stick I see...

Ok yes he's not a great player, but he holds the ball well, and tries to play others in. Which is why we should play pacey players with him to feed off. He's not going to bag us 20 goals a season, but he certainly has something to his game that I like and feel he can contribute.

Let's get behind AW if he starts Monday rather than slating him continuously! He might just surprise a few people.
He did better than Murray last night.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Something About Airplanes

Batsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS MurrayBatsta FFS Murray
He is our only choice as we will need to setup with 1 up front. Phillips can't play that role and unfortunately we will only see Phillips if we go behind.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Won absolutely everything last night and chased his nuts off!

Yes his goal ratio is poor but the amount of players he brought into play last night was encouraging. Bolasie looked lively and Zaha looked much better playing off him. If we're going to persist with long ball then I can't think of a better player to perform that role. Stick Phillips alongside him and I'm starting to feel a bit more positive.

Remember king ships never scored shed loads but he brought others into play around him.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:07 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2
Won absolutely everything last night and chased his nuts off!

Yes his goal ratio is poor but the amount of players he brought into play last night was encouraging. Bolasie looked lively and Zaha looked much better playing off him. If we're going to persist with long ball then I can't think of a better player to perform that role. Stick Phillips alongside him and I'm starting to feel a bit more positive.

Remember king ships never scored shed loads but he brought others into play around him.
Scored a goal that was worth 10,000,000 goals in a certain game though
Maybe just maybe
Old 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM
That's a paddling

Jasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is hereJasper Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizesucker
He did score vs PNE in the cup this season...pretty well taken header too.

Wins more in the air than Murray (and if we are going to consist with high balls, this is useful), he gets more fouls, his hold up play is decent and is more aware of players around him than Murray.
That is quite the positive spin. Who needs Glenn "30 goals" Murray eh?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:09 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace
I'd honestly say that we should play Ramage up front over wilbraham - he'd probably be more likely to score!

I can't fault wilbraham for his effort but I can't believe he has made a career out of being a striker.

I'll be fully behind him though as we have no other choice. Super KP can't start and last the 90.
Harsh imho. Wilbraham is a very acomplished footballer, and a useful squad player. However, what he isn't, is a natural goalscorer. This means we will need to set up slightly differently on Monday, with a view to Wilbraham's role in our attack being to bring others into scoring positions, rather than as the focal point for our goalscoring.

Needing to make that kind of change is never ideal at this stage, and losing a 30 goal striker is a huge blow. But in a funny way, it might just work in our favour. Our game plan has been fairly predictable for most of the season, and now is has to be different. That might just make us much harder to play against.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
I said to my brother and cousin I have a sneaky feeling he'll score the winner Monday and become an instant hero

Neither replied

I truly feel like it will happen and he'll step right up

You get right at em Wilbs
Old 11-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Lads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyesLads form SE25 is thinking of tomorrow. With the sunset in your eyes
Think on the basis of yesterday, Wilbraham might well be a better option than Murray for this play-offs anyway. Obviously, I'm devastated for Glenn with the injury and I hope he's back as soon as possible but I think at this moment in time, he looks like a striker devoid of the confidence he had at the start of the season. I don't think Murray's been very good for a while now and when Wilbraham came on he seemed to give us a much better option up front, winning things in the air, finally getting the free kicks we deserved out of their defenders (albeit rather theatrically) and bringing the ball down absolutely superbly and I really see this as what could win it for us at brighton. His finishing may not be at the standard of Murray's but his ability to bring others into play and hold the ball up could be invaluable at the AMEX.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:20 PM

Grey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have slated Wilbraham this season and actually thought he looked the worse player ever against watford at the start of the campaign.

However, even I had to admit that he did well last night in that lone role.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
I personally think he's an excellent player but as with Scowcroft before him, a lot of people only judge strikers on goals and fail to see what else they can bring to our attacking play for others.

I think we should play him and Phillips up front on Monday. I understand this is not a popular view.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
I personally think he's an excellent player but as with Scowcroft before him, a lot of people only judge strikers on goals and fail to see what else they can bring to our attacking play for others.

I think we should play him and Phillips up front on Monday. I understand this is not a popular view.
Completely agree PK... We should play them together. Just can't see Holloway changing our formation so drastically.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef
I think he is a pretty decent backup option, I don't see the point in slating the guy - he has a big part to play in the next game.
Games. Plural.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:43 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
The trouble is nobody apart from Murray, who starts, has any sort of scoring record at this level or above. If they did then Wilbraham for balance might be fine (i.e if Phillips could start) or if we had genuine goalscoring midfielders. As we don't have that, having to play Wilbs means we are in big trouble and that is the bottom line.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:48 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
It's unforgivable that an 'attacking' manager has left us with so few options up front. What was he thinking?
Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Crying Plastic

Lambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLambeth Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think he's going to do a Scowie at St Mary's

"Watford please please please beat this lot"
Old 11-05-2013, 12:56 PM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Playing Wilbraham up front on his own away from home should suit us because he is more mobile and GM was getting very isolated. We need to play Wilf in a free role. I'd rather he received the ball in the hole than Garvan!

-----------Zaha-----------
----------Wilbraham-------

That's a fresh new approach, and much quicker than

----------Garvan------------
----------Murray------------

AW may not score as many goals, but his touch is good, and he is more mobile and better in the air. He could help the team play better. If we can keep it right at the back we only need to score one goal. And there's always KP to come on. Losing GM is a blow, but it's not the end of the world, especially for 2 games.