Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-08-2013, 10:12 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Dwight Gayle - split from transfer thread

As I suspected he looked completly lost playing deep, however looked sharp when playing through the center in the last 20mins.

Needs to put on a stone muscle.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 18-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Felt like he was playing centre mid for most of the match! His run and left-footed shot showed that he isn't a bad player though, it's about how he is deployed.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 18-08-2013, 10:35 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Felt like he was playing centre mid for most of the match! His run and left-footed shot showed that he isn't a bad player though, it's about how he is deployed.
Agreed. He needed to be running onto the balls that Wilbraham tried to get. If he had swapped position with Wilbs, we would have done far better.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:35 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Played out of position for a majority of the game.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:42 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Played out of position for a majority of the game.
This was my worry when we signed him, decent signing but I couldnt see where he fitted in our system, he'd a fox in the box type player.

Maybe its more for the future? him and murray upfront together would certaintly score shed loads in the championship.

Old 18-08-2013, 10:42 PM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree with Maestro's post, He will benefit hugely from putting on some bulk (no tips or assistance needed from KG) so he can be a bit less lightweight in the challenge, & as shown in the 2nd half today, if he gets service & a teammate up around & along side him , I think we've got a little gem of a player on our hands who will only get better
Old 18-08-2013, 10:44 PM

iamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Him and Chamakh on the pitch at the same time will be interesting when they both play up front conventionally with a clear gameplan. Thought both were playing too deep and it was all a little unorganised after the three subs imo.

I am confident he is going to be very impressive for us. Needed their wing back Rose to be one of the quickest defenders in the prem to deny him being clean through in one spot and that was very frustrating.

Isn't it interesting that fans seem happy with our defensive display? That has got to be the most promising thing to hear when we had nowhere near our first team starting in the midfield positions and above.

We should stay up. I can just imagine us playing like that away from home too. Really dogged, and then counter attack, with Bolasie and Thomas hugging the wings.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Computer says no!!

bigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He is very quick at one point in the first half he was chasing down the ball against Rose and Rose have a 10-15 yard headstart and Gayle was gaining all the time. I agree his run and shot was a sign of things to come.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC FansAbroadLLC
FFS, this is the TRANSFER HOTLINE segment and the last eight posts belong in Palace Talk.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:53 PM

iamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineiamanuplander : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FansAbroadLLC View Post
FFS, this is the TRANSFER HOTLINE segment and the last eight posts belong in Palace Talk.
Did you think we signed him again?
Old 18-08-2013, 11:03 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think the role we asked him to play today for the majority was pretty pointless.

He has had such limited exposure to first team football at any kind of high level, and you could tell he looked a tad confused.

I also don't think he's a wide player. A few times he got into a position where Wilf/Bolasie would attempt to beat their man; he didn't look at all confident of doing that.

Play him straight down the middle or have him as an option off the bench. Just because he's cost us the amount he has doesn't mean we should play him for the sake of it, especially in a position that is complete new to him.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
I think the role we asked him to play today for the majority was pretty pointless.

He has had such limited exposure to first team football at any kind of high level, and you could tell he looked a tad confused.

I also don't think he's a wide player. A few times he got into a position where Wilf/Bolasie would attempt to beat their man; he didn't look at all confident of doing that.

Play him straight down the middle or have him as an option off the bench. Just because he's cost us the amount he has doesn't mean we should play him for the sake of it, especially in a position that is complete new to him.
Agree.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post

Totally agree, play him in the center or not at all

Old 18-08-2013, 11:07 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
He wants it. That is all.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:08 PM
The invisible poster

Mickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I really didn't like seeing him receive the ball in central midfield, he looked lost at times. If he's going to start games then we'll need to alter the formation or his role within it, if not, then perhaps he should be used as an impact sub for now.

A signing like Chamack looks more straight forward in that if we get him fit then he showed enough in his short appearance today to suggest he's going to offer something, but with Gayle it's now down to Holloway to manage him very carefully. A massive step up in level, a new team with a formation that doesn't seem to suit him, a huge price tag and an expectation on him to deliver goals. This kid is going to need a lot of looking after.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:11 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
he looked a little bit overawed by the occasion at times. showed glimpses of the player we'd signed but it's to be expected that he'd need to get use to this level. still a very promising debut.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:13 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Gilley View Post
I really didn't like seeing him receive the ball in central midfield, he looked lost at times. If he's going to start games then we'll need to alter the formation or his role within it, if not, then perhaps he should be used as an impact sub for now.
I know Wilbs was there as more of a physical presence, but I would have rather seen Gayle as the lone forward (especially with Spurs' high line) and Jonny playing the Gayle role.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:18 PM

Gayle lone forward? Sort of means we needn't play Chamakh? How would you compliment both? I would say a front two myself. Chamakh is too good in the air to play behind Gayle imo.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:20 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really hope we don't use him as a utility player similar to the way United use Welbeck. Would be a total waste
Old 19-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
A confidence player and a work in progress, I hope he is given patience and time by the fans (a BIG jump in class)