Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-08-2013, 03:39 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Amsalem View Post
I think we should all judge Gayle when he finally receives the ball in the final third.
Indeed he struggled badly yesterday. But people are expecting too much from someone too soon playing well out of position. Was an experiment it didnt work, we move on.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:44 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Was not concerned at all by Gayle's performance. Saw nothing to tell me he won't be any good as a goalscorer given the right service. Still very hopeful about him.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:46 PM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To be fair this is a massive step up for any youngster that lets be fair has very limited league experience especially at the level he has found himself in, personally yes there was a couple of wayward passes and yes he maybe did look only at times like a rabbit in headlights, you put all that aside and on that pitch i saw a very good young professional that wanted the ball,was not afraid to get stuck in,had a shot when made his burst and overall played for his team, you put all that together and i can definately see great potential and a very good signing given time
Old 19-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

PalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceBhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is he the smallest player in the Premier league? He looked like a child compared to the other players. Think he can do OK if Chamakh does the dirty work and creates him a few chances and I do feel sorry for him being judged when played out of position.
Old 19-08-2013, 04:12 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is wasted in midfield he needs to play the AJ role with balls fed over the top for him to run on to. Not every full back has the pace that Danny Roae has. He will score goals once settled.
Old 19-08-2013, 04:14 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
He has moved up quickly and has shown he can adapt quickly. Give him time.
Old 19-08-2013, 06:46 PM

old geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is hereold geezer Sam the man is here
PLAYED IN WRONG POSITION YESTERDAY - JURY STILL OUT
Old 19-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Doucoure Enjoyer

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old geezer View Post
PLAYED IN WRONG POSITION YESTERDAY - JURY STILL OUT
OKAY - THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
Gamertag: Baarnzz
Old 19-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Pressing Apple 'R'

Dazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Indeed he struggled badly yesterday. But people are expecting too much from someone too soon playing well out of position. Was an experiment it didnt work, we move on.

He fared really badly in the first half but he was completely out of position. He was much much better when Phillips, MC and Joniesta came on. I thought the tactics we rather odd yesterday all round. Quite why MC was so deep was beyond me, as was playing Gayle as a chasing attacking central midfielder. Expecting long hopeful balls to Wilbraham in the first half was clearly not going to work. Don't think it was a disaster for Dwight at all. He was really fast when giving the chance to chase a ball. Let's not write him off yet!

It's the HOPE

that KILLS you.
Old 19-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
He'll come good. His pace and Chamakh's ability to hold the ball up should reap dividends when they finally gel together. It's not his fault he was being asked to play so deep.
Old 19-08-2013, 07:39 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazron View Post
He fared really badly in the first half but he was completely out of position. He was much much better when Phillips, MC and Joniesta came on. I thought the tactics we rather odd yesterday all round. Quite why MC was so deep was beyond me, as was playing Gayle as a chasing attacking central midfielder. Expecting long hopeful balls to Wilbraham in the first half was clearly not going to work. Don't think it was a disaster for Dwight at all. He was really fast when giving the chance to chase a ball. Let's not write him off yet!
After the changes I thought he looked a different player. Good running off the ball, A nice touch and direct. Bearing in mind he had been running for an hour already without seeing much of the ball I don't see anything to worry about this far. Good a good feeling about this one
Old 19-08-2013, 08:04 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hull eagle View Post
To be fair this is a massive step up for any youngster that lets be fair has very limited league experience especially at the level he has found himself in, personally yes there was a couple of wayward passes and yes he maybe did look only at times like a rabbit in headlights, you put all that aside and on that pitch i saw a very good young professional that wanted the ball,was not afraid to get stuck in,had a shot when made his burst and overall played for his team, you put all that together and i can definately see great potential and a very good signing given time
V similar to my view. I thought it was an encouraging start from a young player, who is inexperienced in this league. He struggled towards the end but was tiring, hardly surprising given the opposition/ocassion/heat. He's made a big step up and it'll take some time for him to reach his potential.
Definitely a player who deserves encouragement and I'm astonished people are criticising already.
Old 19-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
More than happy with Gayle IMHO. Give him time.
Old 19-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Pressing Apple 'R'

Dazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDazron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
After the changes I thought he looked a different player. Good running off the ball, A nice touch and direct. Bearing in mind he had been running for an hour already without seeing much of the ball I don't see anything to worry about this far. Good a good feeling about this one

Exactly. And he's got 18 years to catch up with Super Kev's level

It's the HOPE

that KILLS you.
Old 19-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Let's be honest our whole team looked better when Williams came on. Hopefully some time soon Holloway will see he needs to build our attack around him and actually start him.
Old 19-08-2013, 09:19 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
I think he's going to be a great player for us, ok He didn't stand out on Sunday but He didn't seem overwhelmed either. first game not only in the Premier League but making his debut as well, He will get better and better and if we do go down He's just the sort of player we will need to regain Premiership status with a years experience in the top League behind him.
Well done CPFC2010 for acquiring his services, top work and that's the end of my Crawly Bum lick post
Old 19-08-2013, 10:08 PM
The invisible poster

Mickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMickey Gilley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockles View Post
Agree. Even if Messi had played in that isolated role for us yesterday, I wouldn't be certain we'd have faired any better.

Gayle is only part of the puzzle.
To be fair, it might have helped a bit

Anyway, just seen the first half of the Man City game and its interesting to see them playing with a conventional big man, little man front two with Dzeko and Aguero. It partly works as Yaya Toure is more than capable of holding the midfield together without needing two other central midfielders. Yes, yes, I appreciate that the sheer amount of quality in their team also helps, but it makes me think that perhaps with the beast that is Jedi in our central midfield we could sacrifice a midfielder and try Chamakh and Gayle as a traditional front 2.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:09 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
He'll come good. His pace and Chamakh's ability to hold the ball up should reap dividends when they finally gel together. It's not his fault he was being asked to play so deep.
Agreed, can see that partnership working well.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:25 AM
bit scummish really

Radders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is hereRadders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep. Can't believe so many are so quick to criticise the lad on the back of his first Premier league appearance where he basically played out of position. Baffling. Almost like some fans want certain players to fail so they have something to bitch about.
Old 20-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Agree with this.

Really think we have the players to play 4-4-2. I know people think it's "outdated", but I find that to be nonsense. Gayle playing in, around and predominantly off of Chamakh could be the combination that keeps us up IMO.