Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Budding Archaeologist

marky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmarky1919 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Damian Delaney Appreciation Thread

What the title says ...

I think Delaney has been pretty much a rock in the last few games and fully deserves his place. Even the goals we've conceded recently, not many have been down to him.

Yes we all know, and he'll be the first to admit, he's not going to beat people with immense skill or be 100% positionally aware every game or the fastest player ever. And the day one of his 60-yard hoofs reaches a Palace player, I'll sing my heart out, but what you do get is no nonsense 100% commitment and he has stuck his head in where it hurts countless times this season.

In my opinion, an unsung hero of the current side. Pulis obviously rates him as is the only central defender that hasn't been dropped this season, which, for a Premier League defender, is no mean feat! I think he's played every single game?

Anyway, this is a tip of the hat to the big Irishman and for all the hard work and gutsy displays he has given and will continue to do in a Palace shirt.

Keep it up Damo!
Old 12-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Le Crystal Chamakh

mroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is heremroakley9 Sam the man is here
Amen Brother.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 AM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
I disagree. I think he has been 100% positionally aware this season. Defending these days is all about being organised and in the right position and I can't remember him getting caught out in this regard once. Its why he has adapted better than Moxey for example, that defenders instinct to be in the right place at the right time cannot be taught - its no different to the instinct of a goal poacher in the 6 yard box that commentaters always bang on about. I think Delaney has surprised everybody this year!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
He's played out of his skin, and at a level I didn't realise he was capable of. Given that he was on the verge of quitting football altogether when we signed him, it's a remarkable turnaround. I guess he didn't think he'd get another crack at the Premier League and wants to savour every minute. Long may it continue
Old 12-03-2014, 09:29 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Love his attitude and commitment
Old 12-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Nailed on POTY despite not being our best player - it's the CPFC way.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Nah, that's Moxey. Because apparently he "understands the culture of this club" or something?
Old 12-03-2014, 09:33 AM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
Bearing in mind all but two of our wins have been tight games where we kept clean sheets you could argue he is the main reason we are in with a reasonable shout of staying up, because of that I make him my player of the seaso..
Old 12-03-2014, 09:40 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
He reminds me of a good Clint Hill.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:42 AM
dabbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
I'd say it would be more the palace way to give it to an attacker in a season where we are the lowest scorers in europe!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM

eastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is hereeastend eagle Sam the man is here
His reaction at Wembley said it all. He's grateful to be here, and grabbing the opportunity with a tight grip. I knew he was a decent defender, but I have to admit, he's surprised me with the quality he has produced this season. Second only to Ward for me, in terms of POTY.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller View Post
Nah, that's Moxey. Because apparently he "understands the culture of this club" or something?
I bet you £50 that Delaney wins POTY...
Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannons Moustache View Post
I'd say it would be more the palace way to give it to an attacker in a season where we are the lowest scorers in europe!
Yea, and it would be Palace to give it to Cameron Jerome, too.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Seriously, wtf are you so anti-Moxey?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 12-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Seriously, wtf are you so anti-Moxey?
I've nothing against him as a human being and I'd never accuse him of giving anything less than 100%. But he is so out of his depth at this level it's unreal. And when you have Palace fans on Twitter telling him that an England call up must be just around the corner I think a bit of reality needs to be shared about.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:35 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've nothing against him as a human being and I'd never accuse him of giving anything less than 100%. But he is so out of his depth at this level it's unreal. And when you have Palace fans on Twitter telling him that an England call up must be just around the corner I think a bit of reality needs to be shared about.
Shh he'll search you.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins View Post
Shh he'll search you.
You think I care?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:38 AM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
In terms of Delaney, he's proving a lot of us (me high on the list) wrong especially since:

1 - Pulis came in
2 - He could stop worrying about covering the left back area

Playing that little bit deeper, he is looking more assured and concentration is better too. Keep it up Damo!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've just had a Delaney haircut.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Delaney has been nothing short of immense this season. There were huge question marks over both him & Gabbidon at the start of the season, but I think both have been largely very good.

Definitely in our top 3 performers this season, along with Ward & Chamakh. He really has done himself proud.