Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH View Post
It will be exactly the same as last week except Newcastle will score unlike Sunderland.
I guess so too, because there is sometimes some poor parking techniques by the defence
Old 22-03-2014, 11:23 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Every away trip with Pulis is park the bus. And rightfully so.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:23 AM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Big pitch so will suit our counter attack play if Yannick and Ince play well!

Hope it's a different 11 to last week tho, KG on the bench. Doubt it tho.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
It's a means to an end as we don't have the quality of player needed to try and out-football the opposition. If we stay up then I for one couldn't give a monkeys how it was achieved. However, if we do stay up then I'd expect to see some improvement next season.
Don't you want to actually enjoy the process of winning/drawing/staying up though? For me, it's not entirely about the result, but it's also about how the result is achieved. I pay my money to be entertained as well.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 22-03-2014, 11:25 AM

Grey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrey Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we don't play negative, boring, "park the bus" style football for the next few games we might not bring the whole thing down to the last game of the season and I for one, would feel robbed
Old 22-03-2014, 11:26 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
It's a means to an end as we don't have the quality of player needed to try and out-football the opposition. If we stay up then I for one couldn't give a monkeys how it was achieved. However, if we do stay up then I'd expect to see some improvement next season.
I'd agree with that.

I won't moan if we stay up but after spending hours travelling to Sunderland last week and goodness knows how much I'd like just a tiny bit of ambition.

I like the fact we are now difficult to beat. I just want to celebrate a goal again this season.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Making it So

PT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPT109 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
I f*cking hope not. Has to be the worst way to watch football.
Fully agree with you Woosie. I would much prefer to be enjoying watching Palace get relegated but trying to play great football like man city or arsenal or chelsea or barcelona or brazil.

If we are lucky then yeovil might be able to stay up so that you can have a nice day out in the west country next season.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Don't you want to actually enjoy the process of winning/drawing/staying up though? For me, it's not entirely about the result, but it's also about how the result is achieved. I pay my money to be entertained as well.
I've enjoyed every victory or point gained so far this season, no matter how it was achieved. If we stay up then I'll be deliriously bloody happy, how we played won't matter a single jot.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
We will park the bus and KG will play. All rather predictable. But we are in a needs must situation and if we get a point then it's job done.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 22-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I pay my money to be entertained as well.
I hear the Shrek Musical is very good.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Will S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWill S : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Still bemused about why people worry at this particular point in time over whether it's boring or unattractive football to watch. Come sunny August we can worry about that - it's March, and there's PL squillions at stake - for the next couple of months - see that flying out of the window? That'll be any kind of moral high ground or pretensions of the beautiful game. Fine with me.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT109 View Post
Fully agree with you Woosie. I would much prefer to be enjoying watching Palace get relegated but trying to play great football like man city or arsenal or chelsea or barcelona or brazil.

If we are lucky then yeovil might be able to stay up so that you can have a nice day out in the west country next season.
What's with the crap about if you play anything resembling football you'll get relegated? How many more people are going to miss the point, I don't want us to play like Barca, I want us to actually attack teams a little.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
So you're telling me that you are happy to be bored out of your mind at football. OK then, whatever floats your boat

Old 22-03-2014, 11:39 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
What's with the crap about if you play anything resembling football you'll get relegated? How many more people are going to miss the point, I don't want us to play like Barca, I want us to actually attack teams a little.
Agree.

People are confusing intent to score a goal and playing sexy football.

When Pullis took over we absorbed pressure but then caught teams on the break which I found just as exciting. That's not happening now.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:41 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
We do exactly that. Could have scored more vs Swansea and should have vs Sunderland. We cant just expect to go to away teams, worth triple ours, and go out and attack and then claim 'they were there for the taking'. Quite simply we will get punished. Not losing last week was vital - we did exactly that.

Id agree regarding home games and Soton was a far bigger disappointment for me. But other than that game im finding little to criticise.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Ridiculous comment.
People don't pay 400 quid a season to be bored which is what's happened as of late,
Old 22-03-2014, 11:42 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you're telling me that you are happy to be bored out of your mind at football. OK then, whatever floats your boat
Horses for courses. I'm a sucker for entertainment too.

But at this stage of the season I'm afraid I am quite happy with grim pragmatism.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:43 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Agree.

People are confusing intent to score a goal and playing sexy football.

When Pullis took over we absorbed pressure but then caught teams on the break which I found just as exciting. That's not happening now.
Its far more down to players under performing in recent weeks. Look at how KG, Jedi and Puncheon have performed recently? We also have no Chamakh.

We arent playing any different. Individuals who we know are much better arent playing well enough with the ball for the last 3-4 games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
We do exactly that. Could have scored more vs Swansea and should have vs Sunderland. We cant just expect to go to away teams, worth triple ours, and go out and attack and then claim 'they were there for the taking'. Quite simply we will get punished. Not losing last week was vital - we did exactly that.

Id agree regarding home games and Soton was a far bigger disappointment for me. But other than that game im finding little to criticise.
I disagree. At Sunderland when we had chances to break we slowed play down. Swansea we could have been 3 or 4 down at half time.

I'm glad we didn't lose last week but as easily as we could have won we could have lost. Sunderland hit the bar and if you defend all game it only takes one mistake to undo all the hard work.
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post

We really don't though, we sit back and we don't even attempt to attack. We had one good chance at Sunderland in 90 minutes and KG wasted it.

People have been too quick to take this and accept it. I'm surprised there was so much animosity against the 12BET rumours given how many Palace fans are happy to lie down and take this crap.