Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Its far more down to players under performing in recent weeks. Look at how KG, Jedi and Puncheon have performed recently? We also have no Chamakh.

We arent playing any different. Individuals who we know are much better arent playing well enough with the ball for the last 3-4 games.
Then Pulis would do well to change his selection.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 22-03-2014, 11:44 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
This season it's about staying up.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:45 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its far more down to players under performing in recent weeks. Look at how KG, Jedi and Puncheon have performed recently? We also have no Chamakh.

We arent playing any different. Individuals who we know are much better arent playing well enough with the ball for the last 3-4 games.
I agree that players are under performing but also goes to my point that we spend so long with out the ball we forget what to do with it.

Also last week we had a corner with 2 minutes to go and Pullis shouted at 2 players to come back so we had 5 players defending. That could have been the chance to nick it.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:46 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
We really don't though, we sit back and we don't even attempt to attack. We had one good chance at Sunderland in 90 minutes and KG wasted it.

People have been too quick to take this and accept it. I'm surprised there was so much animosity against the 12BET rumours given how many Palace fans are happy to lie down and take this crap.
Its a 3 or 4 games spell when we havent played as well as we had previously, Its no big deal - it was always going to come. Had we carried on the same form under Pulis we would have finished around 8-9th based on points per game. It was never sustainable.

If the likes of KG, Jedi and Puncheon (even Ince) can perform like we know they can we will start creating more chances again.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
This season it's about staying up.
Next season will be about staying up... and the next, and the next. So we'll perpetually play boring football and some people will pay £600 for the privilege.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Its a 3 or 4 games spell when we havent played as well as we had previously, Its no big deal - it was always going to come. Had we carried on the same form under Pulis we would have finished around 8-9th based on points per game. It was never sustainable.

If the likes of KG, Jedi and Puncheon (even Ince) can perform like we know they can we will start creating more chances again.
It's not even about whether we've played well or not, it's about the manner in which we attempt to play. That's the issue at hand. I'm not slagging Pulis off for not winning us points, I'm criticising him for the manner in which he has failed to try and win us those points. He obviously wants to win every game, but he was clearly more than happy to earn a point last week when we should really have gone for all three to pull us away from the relegation zone and put Sunderland further in the mire.

Old 22-03-2014, 11:49 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
I would take 10 away games parking the bus for one giant killing in this league. Still got three chances for that.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
We do seem to hace lost the ability to do even the simplest pass in midfield. I say Bannan in for KG. Apart from the goal disappointed by Tom Ince who doesnt look like a premier league player.
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Next season will be about staying up... and the next, and the next. So we'll perpetually play boring football and some people will pay £600 for the privilege.
Welcome to the Premier League. Dont expect any kids to get a chance too.

That I would all agree with. But if it means getting a new ground/stand, club stability out of it by staying up for a few years then maybe its worth it?
Old 22-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's not even about whether we've played well or not, it's about the manner in which we attempt to play. That's the issue at hand. I'm not slagging Pulis off for not winning us points, I'm criticising him for the manner in which he has failed to try and win us those points. He obviously wants to win every game, but he was clearly more than happy to earn a point last week when we should really have gone for all three to pull us away from the relegation zone and put Sunderland further in the mire.
This exactly.

Apart from I didn't want us to go all out attack at Sunderland, just maybe make them worry a bit.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Banned by Moderators

Aki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Winning 1 0 or drawing 0 0 is much more entertaining then losing 4 3.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:51 AM

OneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am totally with Woosie on this one. A bit of attacking would not go a miss. Why is everyone mentioning Sunderland and Swansea? Sunderland we just took it and offered nothing. Swansea could have been out of sight and we only got back into it after a punt upfield, goalkeeper mistake and a tackle from behind outside the box.

The other thing I hear is that we don't have the players to do it. Can Bannan not pass? Guedioura/Wiliams carry the ball through midfield? wingers that can cross and take players on? Full backs that can attack?
Old 22-03-2014, 11:52 AM
EAGLES

Quote:
I disagree here. Not saying we went out to attack and im certainly not saying im enjoying watching Jedi, KG and Ledley as a midfield ! But a few of our midfielders at the moment are playing well under par. We got forward plenty of times last week but were so wasteful with final balls etc.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I'm surprised there was so much animosity against the 12BET rumours given how many Palace fans are happy to lie down and take this crap.
Bizarre comparison.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned by Moderators

Aki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldAki-Hughes was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Bizarre comparison.
He just moans at any little thing.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:55 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We have to move the bus out sometimes because this is one of our easier remaining games compared to the tough ones at home.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:58 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
I've enjoyed every victory or point gained so far this season, no matter how it was achieved. If we stay up then I'll be deliriously bloody happy, how we played won't matter a single jot.
Amazing isn't it. After every man, woman and dog wrote us off after 10 games as cannon fodder. Many of our 'own' on this website were saying we would break Derbys worst points record. Everyone needed sacking, and prepare for the championship was the order of the day

Now we are a well organised unit, getting battling performances away from home and picking up the odd point, giving us a great chance not just to stay up but possibly move up the league abit

Its still not good enough.

FFS let's just keep our heads above water this season the best way we can, i for one will be dancing in the Holmesdale when we are mathmatically safe. What an achievement after the the sh*t i've had to listen to most of this season.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
I disagree here. Not saying we went out to attack and im certainly not saying im enjoying watching Jedi, KG and Ledley as a midfield ! But a few of our midfielders at the moment are playing well under par. We got forward plenty of times last week but were so wasteful with final balls etc.
Drop them then? You're making excuses. There are enough players with different skill sets in this squad to be able to play more than one style of football. We do actually have footballers in Gayle (I know he's injured now) Bannan, Williams, Guedioura, O'Keefe as a compromise, Chamakh. We have players who are excellent with the ball at their feet, but we don't play with the ball at feet and that, whether anyone likes it or not, is not the way Pulis likes to play football. Our build up is slow and lumbered, with Jedinak, KG or Ledley losing possession and we're suddenly under pressure. A quicker attack (even if it is direct) would not only reap rewards but most probably be more entertaining than watch Jedinak fail to make a two yard pass. Just mix it up a little and actually see if it works, if not then fine, go back to the boring stuff that gets you a 2 points from 4 games but doesn't actually guarantee survival like some are suggesting with their posts. He's too stubborn to change the only way he knows and if we go down then that will be partly why. Yes Holloway ****ed it up at first, but Pulis started well and then changed a successful tactic into one which is actually starting to cost us more points than it is earning us.

Old 22-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki-Hughes View Post
He just moans at any little thing.
**** off troll ****. I have provided an analytical argument.

Old 22-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
Bizarre comparison.
Feel free to elaborate on why...