Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-03-2014, 12:06 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace fans:

I want to stay up
But, I want to stay up playing pretty football
But, I also want to achieve this with my personal favourite players in the team
Oh and I also want us to do it with academy players in the team

Pulis:

I can't guarantee you all of this, but I will try and keep you up

Palace Fans:

Old 22-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Feel free to elaborate on why...
OK, if I must.

The talk was that the stadium was going to be renamed. 90 years of history sold to a gambling firm cos they coughed up a few million.

It didn't happen. But I was opposed.

We're now only talking about grinding through 8 or 9 games in an aesthetically unpleasing way. As we've done may times over that 90 years.

In my opinion, a bizarre comparison

Last edited by Baffled Bob 2; 22-03-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Here's a question for you Woosie, one with a simple yes or no answer.

Will you be happy if we stay up, yes or no?
Old 22-03-2014, 12:14 PM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post

See my post.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:15 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
So you're telling me that you are happy to be bored out of your mind at football. OK then, whatever floats your boat
unfortunately we haven't the players to play Newcastle off the park. It'll be same line up as last week with the praying for a miracle tactic (al la Rorkes Drift)
Old 22-03-2014, 12:16 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We'll be organised, hard to break down, and hopefully hit them on the break. It might not be pretty but if it gets us a point then I'm all for it.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:

Of course.

But that supposes that Pulis' current tactics guarantee staying up and any other tactics do not. Which clearly is not the case.

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 22-03-2014, 12:17 PM

OneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Palace fans:

I want to stay up check
But, I want to stay up playing pretty football er..no just playing with an ounce of attacking intent
But, I also want to achieve this with my personal favourite players in the team other players offer something different to the team
Oh and I also want us to do it with academy players in the team only if they improve it

Pulis:

I can't guarantee you all of this, but I will try and keep you up By going all out defence with no form of attacking intent and refusing to give other players a chance despite poor form of others
Old 22-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Of course.

But that supposes that Pulis' current tactics guarantee staying up and any other tactics do not. Which clearly is not the case.
And the team that you are managing, how are they getting on?
Old 22-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
See my post.
Congratulations on being completely dense so as not to understand the point I've been making, which is very different to what you seem to think it is.

Old 22-03-2014, 12:19 PM

OneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOneSize came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Why always personal attacks after a post you can't disagree with?
Old 22-03-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on being completely dense so as not to understand the point I've been making, which is very different to what you seem to think it is.
Deep breaths.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:21 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Palace fans:

I want to stay up
But, I want to stay up playing pretty football
But, I also want to achieve this with my personal favourite players in the team
Oh and I also want us to do it with academy players in the team

Pulis:

I can't guarantee you all of this, but I will try and keep you up

Palace Fans:

No one has said they want pretty football. People are saying they want to see us try and score a goal.

It's actually been quite a decent debate for once on here apart from people confusing attacking play with brilliant football.

If we don't try and score soon we could be sucked into trouble again.
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Deep breaths.
Just pointing out how wrong you are, that's all.

Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
I'm with Woosie all the way. I'm fekked if I'm going to continue to spend six or seven hours driving and over £80 on fuel to attend each home game knowing I'm going to be bored shitless.

I can't believe I've just posted that but it's true.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Quote:
Ahhh so you have to be a football manager to comment on the team? Someone needs to close the BBS down.

Old 22-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Why always personal attacks after a post you can't disagree with?
I just question why people think they know better than the manager.

I'm prepared to trust that Pulis knows what he is doing.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Yes. I want us to stay up. I've said if we do so them it is an amazing achievement.

However right now it's dull as dish water. I also think if we keep playing like this we will go down.

We still have to play Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea. Those are the games to defend the full 90 minutes, not Sunderland.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Of course.

There are no tactics that would guarantee our staying up, but these tactics give us what I believe is our best shot. Leaving ourselves too open would see us getting beaten heavily most weekends.

The last few weeks have seen a dip in form that's true but before then the very same tactics saw us move up the table from the dire situation we were in when Holloway left. I still think we'll do it but it may be a close run thing.
Old 22-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I just question why people think they know better than the manager.

I'm prepared to trust that Pulis knows what he is doing.
That's what football fans do. Hence arguments about DF and IH.

Pullis probably does know what he's doing. Great if he achieves it, and if that's the means for this season then fine but if it continued into next season I don't think everyone would be so happy.