Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:47 AM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 View Post
Feel free to ask SP about this. The original loyalty points scheme (and away season tickets) were my idea but Steve has plans to extend and expand the loyalty scheme which I am sure he can illuminate on the show. There are also plans for "contact less" card payment to speed things up at the bars.

Of course, since we introduced away season tickets, all hard core away fans are guaranteed a ticket to every away game anyway as long as they commit to attending at least 16 out of the 19 league games. Furthermore all points gained in the previous 2 seasons remain on your total. SB
Thanks a lot for the clarification and info Steve!

Although you have now added to my workload...

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 09-08-2014, 01:12 AM
4 Palace Fans

CPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
Thanks a lot for the clarification and info Steve!

Although you have now added to my workload...
Sorry Chris

I think that there are also plans to make it possible to load money on your season ticket or membership card like an Oyster card. This will make for faster service at the bars. SP can provide more info on this. He's working incredibly hard on this and on so many other improvements to bring Selhurst Park up to date.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:25 PM
...now Back Of The Nest

holradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineholradio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sunday 10th August 20:00
It's our final show of the pre-season and to celebrate Chris, Ben, Alex and Nick will discuss the season ahead, stadium plans, transfers and more with the boss, Steve Parish.

Get in touch - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Match preview podcast
Match review podcast
LoveSport live radio show & podcast (Tuesday 7-9pm)
Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Voice of Back of the Nest

Hambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHambo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Starting very soon!

Available at all the usual podcast places - please subscribe so you don't miss a thing!

XBOX gamertag : HAMBO x1980x
Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
He's a liar.

And judging by what I've read, it's been guff from start to finish.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Dub

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
He's a liar.

And judging by what I've read, it's been guff from start to finish.

SP?
Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ'sLoveMonkey View Post
SP?

Yes.

I didn't listen but spouting crap about PL TV money being able to buy/sell La Liga/Bundesliga/Serie A as well as the main American leagues is bullshit.
$200m per team in the NFL before you get into the extras, and that deal is 3 years old.

And he's blaming agents as well. Cheers Simon
Old 10-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Exaggeration to make a point, that's all that was. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Some interesting snippets re the ground. Looks like the Main stand is back on the agenda for being done first by the sounds of it, and this announcement in a few weeks sounds very promising indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 10-08-2014, 10:03 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
The least impressive and positive interview he's ever given.

Sounds less like the fan that bought the club. Inevitable it would happen I guess.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:04 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Some interesting snippets re the ground. Looks like the Main stand is back on the agenda for being done first by the sounds of it, and this announcement in a few weeks sounds very promising indeed.
Beginning to think he'll make up any old tripe on that front. The reality is they aren't going to do anything significant any time soon.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post

Sounds less like the fan that bought the club. Inevitable it would happen I guess.
Thats the feeling i got.

The premier league is changing the club already.Some will like it ,some won't.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:

It's clearly a stressful time for him atm in this window, he is down we haven't secured more of our targets, thats natural, he wants to back Sir Tony.

I'd be a lot more worried if he was satisfied with what we have, he isn't, that said I'd rather it's the right package for the club when getting players in instead of going down a QPR route circa 2012/13

There's always something going to happen that we'll be really pleased with. I didn't get anything like the same kind of vibe from the chairman this interview.

I think the loyalty points will prove a logistical nightmare. I understand why he is trying to do what he is. I just don't think there is a practical way to execute it without delays at key times.

Mark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMark_cpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn't really answer the loyalty point question though, It actually raised more questions.

If people have bought merchandise throughout the season, how will these points be added once it goes live?

Card machines at the tills are just going to cause chaos and queue times will be longer.

Sounds good in theory but it just looks like a disaster waiting to happen.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:09 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Yes.

I didn't listen but spouting crap about PL TV money being able to buy/sell La Liga/Bundesliga/Serie A as well as the main American leagues is bullshit.
$200m per team in the NFL before you get into the extras, and that deal is 3 years old.

And he's blaming agents as well. Cheers Simon
I would listen to podcast what he said was overseas rights were bigger for PL than all the others.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
It's clearly a stressful time for him atm in this window, he is down we haven't secured more of our targets, thats natural, he wants to back Sir Tony.

I'd be a lot more worried if he was satisfied with what we have, he isn't, that said I'd rather it's the right package for the club when getting players in instead of going down a QPR route circa 2012/13
He certainly sounded stressed!

He certainly views our spend quite differently now. When we were in the championship we were all appealed to as part of the club to spend and support this loss making enterprise like they were in large amounts. Now we are much less in it together and much more seen as per head spend on food etc. Normal of course. However now he is running a company that currently makes money. There's much less of a "we are in this together" approach sound from him.

Last edited by scro; 10-08-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
He certainly sounded stressed!
Stressed and defo not as enthusiastic as usual.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Sounded drained to me . Apart from that I thought he was tight-lipped about a possible done or nearly done deal on the transfer front
Old 10-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounded very distant, almost disinterested to me. Hopefully just knackered.