Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 29-08-2014, 03:23 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Played Saturday 22 March last season and 'we wuz robbed' deep into time added on. Bolasie hit the bar in the second half and in injury time we had a good shout for a handball as Glenn almost broke into their area.

Inevitably the ball came back down our end and Cisse headed in a cross from Ben Arta to make it 1-0. We ended up playing an extra 5 minutes against the 3 minutes on the board!

Time we put some points on the board.
I still don't think I've recovered.
Old 30-08-2014, 06:10 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
I still don't think I've recovered.
Hopefully Wilf's goal today in the fifth minute of 7 added minutes will go some way to aiding your recovery. More importantly a point gained from last season.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 31-08-2014, 11:06 AM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
One thing I think is that in the league this year apart from burnley you cant really see 2 other certainties for the drop. Cardiff fulham and norwich were abysmal. Will be a closer league this year.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Interesting, and hugely welcome, certain results were this weekend. Hull and West Ham, doing very well so far, stink the place out. Steve Bruce looked flabbergasted. And Villa and QPR do the opposite. Another bizarre season beckons.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Ex-Manager

1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet1_Neil_Warnock came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
One thing I think is that in the league this year apart from burnley you cant really see 2 other certainties for the drop. Cardiff fulham and norwich were abysmal. Will be a closer league this year.
It's way too early to make assumptions. This time last year Cardiff had just beaten Man City. The 2 supposed "certainties" up until November were us and Sunderland and look what happened there...
Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
this should be left to Ian Hart
Actually I think you'll find that Ian didn't do it first

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I didn't want to start one too early the following year as it seems a bit daft before we had played at least 20 games and because other people didn't want to wait Ian decided to do one.

This is a very different thread though and is one you can start right at the beginning. Not that I think it tells us anything much as different clubs will be stronger/weaker than last season - however because I am a sucker for threads like this I'll be bound to look at it any way.

Last edited by sw16girl; 01-09-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Neil_Warnock View Post
It's way too early to make assumptions. This time last year Cardiff had just beaten Man City. The 2 supposed "certainties" up until November were us and Sunderland and look what happened there...

Yep
Old 11-09-2014, 09:30 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
For the purposes of this thread Burnley replace Fulham from last season and we all know what happened that evening.

Neil Warnock's record during his previous reign was a 5-0 home win (last day of the 2007/08 season that saw us through to the play-offs where we lost to Bristol City), and a 0-0 home draw and a 4-2 away defeat (after we were 2 goals up) the following season.

Jules played in all 3 games and Paddy featured in the 0-0 draw.

A clean sheet and a goal in each half will do me.

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 11-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Looking to curl one

ScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScottHooky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
For the purposes of this thread Burnley replace Fulham from last season and we all know what happened that evening.

Neil Warnock's record during his previous reign was a 5-0 home win (last day of the 2007/08 season that saw us through to the play-offs where we lost to Watford), and a 0-0 home draw and a 4-2 away defeat (after we were 2 goals up) the following season.

Bristol City
Old 11-09-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHooky View Post
Bristol City
Edited. Thanks.

Old 13-09-2014, 07:46 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
1 point from West Ham and Burnley at home is so poor. We will be begging to rewind the clock and play those games again come May, wish we had some of the easier games at bit later, once we have learnt to play as a team in an actual system. Pulis had them playing like a machine last year
Old 14-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Should have been looking at 9/9 from the first three home games, West Ham I was able to put down to disruption. Today was tactically poor and totally lacking in invention against a team we allowed back into the game. That is a mark of very worrying times indeed.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:36 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
I'm starting to worth we are just going to spend this whole season arguing about Pulis, will we ever move on to better times than last year? Could be the best this club will see for decades
Old 14-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In my view I had got over Pulis - I think what he did was pure selfishness and lacked class, but what is worrying from my view in the Whitehorse is that we look so damned clueless in front of goal. That's tactics - that's a current manager's problem, and I find this the most worrying.

I can't wait to forget about Pulis personally.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
In my view I had got over Pulis - I think what he did was pure selfishness and lacked class, but what is worrying from my view in the Whitehorse is that we look so damned clueless in front of goal. That's tactics - that's a current manager's problem, and I find this the most worrying.

I can't wait to forget about Pulis personally.
Don't get me wrong. I really want the whole club to move on, but how can we when last year was so good? And the team are clearly no where near as organised. We need to be formidable again, instead we look like when Holloway had us in those first few games last year, weak and out of our depth.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:27 PM

I know it is early doors but looking at the next 4 games we picked up 10 points last season (Leicester swapped for Norwich).

Old 15-09-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Neil Warnock's record during his previous reign was a 5-0 home win (last day of the 2007/08 season that saw us through to the play-offs where we lost to Bristol City), and a 0-0 home draw and a 4-2 away defeat (after we were 2 goals up) the following season.

Well we picked up a clean sheet and thanks to Jules we 'gained' a point over the corresponding fixture from last year. However, not the result most of us were expecting and it still leaves us a point down on last season.

Strange that we have played well away and had two comparatively poor games at home against teams that are likely to be bottom half sides this year.

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 15-09-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 15-09-2014, 11:28 AM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we took 10 points from the top ten last season, with the rest coming from teams below.

strangely we only took 8 from 18points from the relegated teams, so would seems the mid table games are all important.

this does mean again beating villa/hull/west ham home & away which I think is unlikely this term, (with west ham already gone).

first win ?? at present don't know?, with both Everton & Leicester playing well could get worse beforei t gets better

Last edited by west eagle; 15-09-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 21-09-2014, 11:38 AM

A mid-week evening game last year that saw us notch up our fourth successive win on the trot taking us to 40 points, and also knock a big dent in Everton's top four aspirations. Goals from Puncheon and shortly after half-time Dann saw us take a two goal lead before Everton reduced the deficit on the hour. Then as Everton continued to push forward Jerome scored a glorious third.

After that it was basically backs to the wall stuff with Everton scoring a second in the 86th minute. Despite 7 minutes of time added on we held out for our only away win against a top side last season.

Having taken 4 points off Everton following a 0-0 draw at home hopefully we will remain their bogey side this afternoon.

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 21-09-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 21-09-2014, 08:29 PM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
+2 points now