Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-08-2014, 11:50 PM

cp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
For me yes. Much rather him than the likes of Mackay. I would give him the chance to Christmas. Of course he needs to sign four or five players to give us a chance this season, but we all know that anyway. Clearly got the respect of the players and the fans would back him.
Why til Christmas if we are in the shit by then who would step in?
Old 16-08-2014, 11:59 PM

cp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Bristol City (caretaker) 11 September 2005 26 September 2005 3 1 1 1 33.33
Bristol City (caretaker) 18 March 2010 11 May 2010 9 5 3 1 55.56
Bristol City 12 August 2010 3 October 2011 57 18 12 27 31.58
Crystal Palace (caretaker) 23 October 2013 23 November 2013 4 1 1 2 25.00
Crystal Palace (caretaker) 14 August 2014 Present 1 0 0 1 0.00
Total

Seems Keith's ok short term not great
Old 17-08-2014, 12:22 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp eagles View Post
Okay if u like give him a season. And loads of people including Mackay would be up for the job then. Having seen the other names up for the job I would rather him. All irrelevant anyway as Mackay looks like he will get it. As for being in the shit that is the norm here.
Old 17-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Give him the job.
Old 17-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He don't want the job he's Palace through and through but why end up enemy number 1 from the club you support.
Old 17-08-2014, 10:11 AM
West Country Eagle

vocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minevocal yokel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think he started the revival last season by picking a solid team and sticking with ithe for 4 games. I don't think Pulis changes it much when he took over until he made signings? I think we won at Hull under him.

I'd go for Steve Clarke but prefer millen to mackay.
Old 17-08-2014, 10:17 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Top man. I doubt he'll be given the job but I do hope he's kept at the club.
Old 17-08-2014, 10:23 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
I don't think he'll get the job, but he certainly hasn't distanced himself from it like last time...
Old 17-08-2014, 11:20 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Top bloke, everything he does is top draw. After everything that's gone on we could've been on for a hiding yesterday. He deserves so much credit for not only making us competent but nearly getting a result yesterday.

All this Parish sniping is petty, but one thing I hope is for certain is the new manager who comes in keeps Millen in the fold somehow. I think the players take a real liking to Keith too.

Clinton Morrison
Old 17-08-2014, 01:16 PM

KentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Crystal Palace caretaker manager Keith Millen: "I'd like to continue, I enjoy being in charge. Whether it's the right time or not I'll speak to the chairman tomorrow.

From the bbc sport match report
Old 17-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I love Keith Millen. Genuinely have nothing but respect for him. Great assistant manager & fantastic asset to the club. However, I don't think he's a Premier League manager.
Old 17-08-2014, 07:02 PM

dweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawndweeb lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp eagles View Post

Umm, we could get some bloke who is out of work, an expert in such situations. He probs would cost a couple of million. Think his name is Tony Pulis. ..
Old 17-08-2014, 07:07 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Not good enough. Lack of changes 2nd half suggests he didn't have ideas on plan b. Puncheon had been poor all game and both he and Chamakh looked like walking red cards with 20 to go. Made a sub while defending a corner a general no-no in football and we ended up conceding from it to cap it off.

If Millen is the answer then I don't think the question is who should we appoint to keep us up this year?
Old 18-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Not good enough. Lack of changes 2nd half suggests he didn't have ideas on plan b. Puncheon had been poor all game and both he and Chamakh looked like walking red cards with 20 to go. Made a sub while defending a corner a general no-no in football and we ended up conceding from it to cap it off.

If Millen is the answer then I don't think the question is who should we appoint to keep us up this year?
I see what you are saying, but, a Plan B at Arsenal is not the same as a Plan B v West Brom etc.

You seem to be suggesting that Millen, or any other manager, would have been able to change the game considerably in our favour.

Fact is we conceded two awful goals, which a team like Palace should not give away, substitute or not.
Old 18-08-2014, 10:25 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
I see what you are saying, but, a Plan B at Arsenal is not the same as a Plan B v West Brom etc.

You seem to be suggesting that Millen, or any other manager, would have been able to change the game considerably in our favour.

Fact is we conceded two awful goals, which a team like Palace should not give away, substitute or not.
Our first substitution was with 15 minutes to go and was enforced. The first tactical substitution was with 5 minutes to play. Puncheon was having a poor game, Bolaise was only marginally better and as a result Campbell looked lost up front.

Since their earlier yellow cards both Chamakh and Punch looked in danger of seeing red as we were defending so much and having to put in challenges, it was not a shock when we went down to 10 men.

Woth 20 minutes to play i was surprised that we did not make a couple of changes. Murray and Gayle for Chamakh and Puncheon would have been my suggestions, although Bannan instead of Murray replacing Chamakh would also have been an option.

Intead our tiring team was made to keep going for 85 minutes before any fresh legs were brought on. We were having to work far harder than Aresnal as we were chasing the ball and chasing shadows for so long. Wenger brough on fresh legs and fresh impetus after the hour and with 20 minutes to go.

For me, we were not helped by the dug-out in our quest for a point.

At Bristol City his win % was 33% (3 games) and 56% (9 games) as a caretaker and 32% (57 games) as manager. At Palace his win % last season was 25% across 4 games.

Malky Mackay is a better manager IMO and is probably the man most likely to come in. I appreciate what Millen has done but for me he is not the answer to our managerial search. Parish has said that knowledge of teh Premier League as a manager or player will be essential, that rules Millen out too.
Old 18-08-2014, 10:52 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would rather keep him as a successful clubman than lose him as a failed manager - the sort of guy who could be part of a long term coaching structure rather than a short term management position.
Old 18-08-2014, 11:16 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Our first substitution was with 15 minutes to go and was enforced. The first tactical substitution was with 5 minutes to play. Puncheon was having a poor game, Bolaise was only marginally better and as a result Campbell looked lost up front.

Since their earlier yellow cards both Chamakh and Punch looked in danger of seeing red as we were defending so much and having to put in challenges, it was not a shock when we went down to 10 men.

Woth 20 minutes to play i was surprised that we did not make a couple of changes. Murray and Gayle for Chamakh and Puncheon would have been my suggestions, although Bannan instead of Murray replacing Chamakh would also have been an option.

Intead our tiring team was made to keep going for 85 minutes before any fresh legs were brought on. We were having to work far harder than Aresnal as we were chasing the ball and chasing shadows for so long. Wenger brough on fresh legs and fresh impetus after the hour and with 20 minutes to go.

For me, we were not helped by the dug-out in our quest for a point.

At Bristol City his win % was 33% (3 games) and 56% (9 games) as a caretaker and 32% (57 games) as manager. At Palace his win % last season was 25% across 4 games.

Malky Mackay is a better manager IMO and is probably the man most likely to come in. I appreciate what Millen has done but for me he is not the answer to our managerial search. Parish has said that knowledge of teh Premier League as a manager or player will be essential, that rules Millen out too.
Was going to post, but you have said it all for me.
Old 18-08-2014, 11:26 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Give him the job.
Only thing that concerns me Dave after watching Saturday is while i do think the players clearly like him do they ultimately respect him as a leader? As in i don't think puncheon would've made those tackles under the previous manager. On the flip side that might be because they see him as temp boss and it might be different if he was permanent boss.
Old 18-08-2014, 11:33 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
Would rather keep him as a successful clubman than lose him as a failed manager - the sort of guy who could be part of a long term coaching structure rather than a short term management position.
^^^^^^^^^^ .
Old 18-08-2014, 01:25 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Millen hasn't learned much as far as I could see on Saturday, Pulis would never have put Gayle on for Campbell at that time, he would've stuck on Paddy or someone defensive minded and battened down the hatches. That substitution was bloody stupid.

Millen to stay but no way for the job please.

Who opened their lunch?