Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 21-08-2014, 12:40 AM

Vlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVlad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
I'd have Millen as manager if we could get SSC in as director of football. Think we should be going for stability now.
A good shout
Old 21-08-2014, 12:44 AM

ChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rather like when Dougie was appointed, think the job's his now on the basis that there's no one else left who'll come within a million miles
Old 21-08-2014, 12:47 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
I wish him all the best of luck and I'd love to see him take it up, if he feels that he's up to it. Local man and Palace through and through.
Old 21-08-2014, 12:51 AM

cp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
I wish him all the best of luck and I'd love to see him take it up, if he feels that he's up to it. Local man and Palace through and through.
Local man, palace through and through Steve Kember anyone?
Old 21-08-2014, 12:55 AM

cp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm getting abit sick of this whole palace legend shit.. Didn't really organise us very well Saturday did he we couldn't defend from set pieces.. poor sub choices then 1 of the biggest crimes in football you sub at a corner.
Old 21-08-2014, 12:59 AM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp eagles View Post
I'm getting abit sick of this whole palace legend shit.. Didn't really organise us very well Saturday did he we couldn't defend from set pieces.. poor sub choices then 1 of the biggest crimes in football you sub at a corner.
Yep, people looking for a quick fix. Good coach but not a good manager. Needs to stay at the club as a coach where we can utilise him for years to come rather than throw him into the fire and watch him and his palace career burn
Old 21-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Palace since 67

BigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
After all the s**t we are being dragged through at the moment, the only right thing to do is give Keith Millen the job!!! He says he wants it so what are we waiting for?
He has the respect of the players and we seriously need to restore our CREDIBILITY......
please note Mr Parish.
Old 21-08-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG-Sussex View Post
After all the s**t we are being dragged through at the moment, the only right thing to do is give Keith Millen the job!!! He says he wants it so what are we waiting for?
He has the respect of the players and we seriously need to restore our CREDIBILITY......
please note Mr Parish.
He may have the players respect at the moment but after a few poor results an having to drop a few players that will change plus it reminds me of Kember he is one of the lads
Old 21-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Palace since 67

BigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperBigG-Sussex has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
He may have the players respect at the moment but after a few poor results an having to drop a few players that will change plus it reminds me of Kember he is one of the lads
He (Kember) sure was but try as he might, didn't really cut it as a manager did he, I'm thinking of Whytleafe FC here. Did he do much after that?
Old 21-08-2014, 01:13 AM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yup - I'd fear for him and the Kember analogy rings true for me too.

He's the easy answer for the short term fix but I a also fear one of the worst long term appointments we could make.
Old 21-08-2014, 01:21 AM
Palace since 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Yup - I'd fear for him and the Kember analogy rings true for me too.

He's the easy answer for the short term fix but I a also fear one of the worst long term appointments we could make.
Possibly but when in recent history have we had a long term manager?
Old 21-08-2014, 01:27 AM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Possibly but when in recent history have we had a long term manager?
Fair comment.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the guy. Just don't see any compelling arguement to make him manager beyond the fact that he's just there.

Stability is great but would decent players want to come into the club and play for him? Not sure what it is about him but I don't get the feeling the answer is yes.
Old 21-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Palace since 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Fair comment.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against the guy. Just don't see any compelling arguement to make him manager beyond the fact that he's just there.

Stability is great but would decent players want to come into the club and play for him? Not sure what it is about him but I don't get the feeling the answer is yes.
Respect your point but I'm also taking into account that I don't really think there's anyone out there and available at the moment who is better
Old 21-08-2014, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Respect your point but I'm also taking into account that I don't really think there's anyone out there and available at the moment who is better
I'm not so sure Millen has a very poor record as manager
Old 21-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Palace since 67

Quote:
I'm not so sure Millen has a very poor record as manager
Give the guy a break, he's only had a handful of games as manager and only in times of trouble to boot. If he gets it and we're mid table at Christmas he's gonna be pretty popular
Old 21-08-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Give the guy a break, he's only had a handful of games as manager and only in times of trouble to boot. If he gets it and we're mid table at Christmas he's gonna be pretty popular
An if we are bottom at Christmas he will join the likes of Kember a legend at the club but his reputation is tarnished. Which I don't want I love Millen to bits but I don't want that to happen to him
Old 21-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
GIVE THE JOB TO MILLEN.
Old 21-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Millen is an ideal assistant manager but something tells me he is not the lead conductor and offering him the job would not be the right thing to do. He is not a youngster like Dougie was and has tried managing with not the best results. I want us to be a viable premiership club with a manager experienced in it or someone younger with the ability to do well in the job.
Old 21-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
His time as manager at Bristol City doesn't suggest we'd be anywhere near mid table.

I don't get the feeling he's the sort of guy to inspire a team or influence the outcome of a match from the touchline.
Old 21-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Over Land & Sea

imashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimashed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
He will get a good reception and backing from us but he's not the right choice at the end a good assistant.
Didn't you watch the game!!! SP was texting him all the way through the game what to do