Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-08-2014, 07:03 PM

eagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Steve Parish

Whilst I can't hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did to save the club. This can never be forgotten he has a lot to answer for to the fans once all of this settles down.

I was torn between Parish and Pulis last week and at first was on the Pulis side before thinking that Parish made sense over the weekend after the Arsenal fixture.

However, I now think Parish has left us in an untenable position for the season. The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last. It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job. Based on this why would a manager now want to come and manage Crystal Palace?

To me the whole of this triggers around Zaha. Rumours are he was caught earlier speeding in Coulsdon which shows he is in the area and seems ready to sign. If this is the stumbling block then Parish just has to sign Zaha and then appoint a manager and not interfere.

As we have become a bigger club and attracted bigger names and managers it seems apparent that they will not stand for any interference from Parish and he and the board have to have the faith to believe in a manager and let them manage this football club in the way they feel appropriate. DF was inexperienced but since him IH,TP and beyond have shown signs in the media that they have been irritated by Parish and haven't had a strong working relationship with him.

It's all beginning to look like that KM could get it as his a nice guy would listen to Parish and is respected by the club. If this was the case as much as I like KM this would be a disaster.

At this stage I would want Steve Clarke as our manager. 2nd choice Jol but please not Tim Sherwood.

Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:05 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
err Pulis walked out, not Parish - he didn't leave us in this position, he's dealing with it, reacting to it - and you, along with the rest of us, know very little about what is happening - for all we know Palace are still interviewing, never offered MM the job, perhaps we were interviewing him again and he didn't want Millen on his staff, so what? Hardly SP's fault is it!
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
None of us know the real reason why TP left.

Wilf's family live in Croydon and surrounding area. He's in Croydon a lot.
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Very happy with him as a chairman myself. Except for Burley all his managerial appointments have been good, and we've progressed as a club each season.

Getting your knickers in a twist because the latest twitter rumour didn't turn out to be true is a bit pointless.

Plus he's proper palace.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:06 PM
TV size DOES matter !!

Location: US Outpost #31, Station 4 of the United States Antarctic Research Institute
Always an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlways an Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Was that Zaha thing true? That was a joke surely !

TP wanted his bonus & then left. Probably wanted a bigger one this season & assumed SP would cave in.

And
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
the former Cardiff boss had "shifted the goalposts."

Last edited by Always an Eagle; 20-08-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned by Moderators

Donald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles2008 View Post
Whilst I can't hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did to save the club. This can never be forgotten he has a lot to answer for to the fans once all of this settles down.

I was torn between Parish and Pulis last week and at first was on the Pulis side before thinking that Parish made sense over the weekend after the Arsenal fixture.

However, I now think Parish has left us in an untenable position for the season. The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last. It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job. Based on this why would a manager now want to come and manage Crystal Palace?

To me the whole of this triggers around Zaha. Rumours are he was caught earlier speeding in Coulsdon which shows he is in the area and seems ready to sign. If this is the stumbling block then Parish just has to sign Zaha and then appoint a manager and not interfere.

As we have become a bigger club and attracted bigger names and managers it seems apparent that they will not stand for any interference from Parish and he and the board have to have the faith to believe in a manager and let them manage this football club in the way they feel appropriate. DF was inexperienced but since him IH,TP and beyond have shown signs in the media that they have been irritated by Parish and haven't had a strong working relationship with him.

It's all beginning to look like that KM could get it as his a nice guy would listen to Parish and is respected by the club. If this was the case as much as I like KM this would be a disaster.

At this stage I would want Steve Clarke as our manager. 2nd choice Jol but please not Tim Sherwood.

Once the dust settles and we appoint someone and the transfer window is over Parish has a lot to answer for before I can regain my faith in him as our chairman.
You been on the wacky backy today?

I'm sure Steve has more important things on his mind than answering to you
Old 20-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
It's getting quite funny to be fair.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Does make me laugh how Parish can **** up this badly and still have usual suspects defending him like he has done nothing wrong
Old 20-08-2014, 07:10 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
It was clearly agreed until the last moment change.

If MM has moved goalposts then that's his loss, he has managed for a total of 18 PL games. He should have been biting our arm off, not making last minute demands.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:11 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Does make me laugh how Parish can **** up this badly and still have usual suspects defending him like he has done nothing wrong
It's all your fault. You smile ONCE, and look what happens. Stick to being miserable in the future.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Kipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is hereKipungu Sam the man is here
Why is everyone acting like a crack fiend on the BBS lately? A taste of the Premiership, and people have gone nuts.

If our chairman grills a candidate and he cacks his pants and does a runner, rather we find out now than later, no? Our ambitions aren't stellar. I'd say surviving another season would be great. Get money in the bank, safeguard the future. Build some financial stability. Pulis managed to keep us up with what we had, what reason have we got not to stay up again? It's the same players.

If a manager doesn't back himself to stay up with this team, plus a couple of new players, then he can do one.

Teams running riot with transfer fees and wages is one of the reasons football is messed as it is. I'd rather our chairmen take a stand, and if we go down, so be it. We would be well setup to have a go coming straight back up like West Brom.

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
sorry, what's he done wrong? you couldn't even come close to running a business could you? do you even manage to keep up a job? probably not, so perhaps you aren't in any position to throw stones.

eagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagles2008 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought this would get a backlash but we as the best fans in the premier league do have a right to know what's going on.

My first sentence is "I can never hate Steve Parish or the owners for what they did do the club"

I will never hate Parish but I think we as fans do have the right to question all of this and how his handled managerial issues since becoming a PL club.
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:

Spectacular conclusion jumping. Pure conjecture the lot of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 20-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So, last season, our first season back in the PL and we have the debacle of signing a whole new squad and the very poor start. Then Holloway walked out.

Now, second consecutive season in the PL, we have to face our manager walking out, a few very good but not exciting signings and have to go through the manager recruitment process once again. We all know how long this takes us.

Why the **** can we not have a drama free start to our PL campaigns. Its piss poor
Old 20-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Banned by Moderators

Donald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDonald Stewart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
sorry, what's he done wrong? you couldn't even come close to running a business could you? do you even manage to keep up a job? probably not, so perhaps you aren't in any position to throw stones.
The next star of Benefits Street.
Old 20-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
It was clearly agreed until the last moment change.

If MM has moved goalposts then that's his loss, he has managed for a total of 18 PL games. He should have been biting our arm off, not making last minute demands.
Indeed, he has a golden opportunity and a point to prove. With his record I don't expect he'll have many people knocking on the door. If we move goalposts that's our prerogative, but he can't, he can feck off, scottish twat.

p.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minep.stew : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Spot on
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
The best part of 100k was matched between 1/33 and 1/100 on MM so you can safely assume it was all but going to be confirmed until something has happened at the last.
this bit is reason - and is fine.

Quote:
It seems apparent that Parish has put something on MM just like it seems with Pulis that has changed his belief of taking the job.
this bit isn't reason. Why must it have been Parish? That kind of negates the rest of your post really
Old 20-08-2014, 07:21 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
It looks like another fine mess. Starting to look like a real problem now unfortunately.

Fundamentally, I don't understand how (if this is indeed the reason) a chairman can impose a backroom team on a new manager. They must surely be allowed to bring in their own people.