Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Vintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVintage Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve hail View Post
Can we give the guy a chance, for God's sake? Don't write him off before he has even played for us. He is a Palace player now. Maybe Wolves didn't suit him. Wait and see. He could yet turn into one of those unexpected bonuses. I'm sorry Murray has gone, but if he wanted to leave then so be it. It isn't impossible he'll score so many for Reading that CPFC want him back. In any case, given Doyle a chance.
yep agree with this. Welcome to the Palace Kevin Doyle.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:10 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
You never know he might surprise us all.
Yes, to be fair, he is a full international and if anyone can get a player motivated it's Warnock. Maybe they see him in the Jerome mould - quick, physical and can hold the ball up and compete for headers even if he doesn't score many himself. He's a better player than Jerome and, unfortunately, Murray isn't quick enough to play that role. To be honest, I would prefer to see this guy up front on his own rather than Campbell (assuming Gayle and Chamakh aren't available of course!).
Old 02-09-2014, 02:13 PM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourne man View Post
Shows what a season and a couple of games in the premiership can do to our support, best fans in the country, what a joke
There was a time we'd welcome a player and give him a chance.
Pathetic prima dona fans willing to kick the club at any opportunity
Doyle is not the problem.. it's the fact he has replaced a better player in Murray that is the concern. If he was squad cover for Gayle, Murray, Chamakh and Campbell it would be different.

The fact is we now only have 2 forwards... 1 out for 4 weeks, who anyone has any faith is up to it at this level.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:18 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
I wonder how many of those posters who have the Doyle transfer as a waste of time, also felt about Phillips.

Shame the BBS doesn't have an opinion sort which could be used as a reference guide.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:26 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Doyle was willing to sit on the bench. Murray wanted to play games. That's it.

Free Palestine
Old 02-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
^^This
Old 02-09-2014, 03:01 PM

Cupid_Stunt is playing for a contract
Quote:
^ Truth. You cant knock Murray for this. Besides Doyle will only play in the last 5-10 minutes of games. Also lets be honest with Zaha and Bolasie next to her up top, my nan would be prolific! Lets just get behind the team.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:03 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:

I bet his agent cannot believe his luck.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:55 PM

CPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some people need to chill out and give KD a chance. It's embarrassing the amount of people slating him before he's even had the chance to pull on the shirt and prove himself for to us. I hope he doesn't look at this forum.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Kevin Doyle goal thread

We will, I'm sure.

Doesn't mean I can't make my feeling clear on signing a clapped-out, useless has-been who isn't a patch on the player he's replacing after 4 bloody months to get something better.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:11 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think this signing is basically the same as the Goodwillie one.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by okey eagle View Post
His strike rate is rubbish
As good as Camerone Jeromes?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Kevin Doyle's Next Goal - April 16, 2016 for Plymouth Argyle against York City.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:21 PM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is hereJamTheEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC Lad View Post
Some people need to chill out and give KD a chance. It's embarrassing the amount of people slating him before he's even had the chance to pull on the shirt and prove himself for to us. I hope he doesn't look at this forum.
People have a right to express their opinion though, doesn't mean they are not backing him.

I will support KD, I just don't think he will be good enough for us based on what I have seen from him over the past 3 years and heard from friends who support Wolves.

I have no doubt he will run about and apply pressure but to be honest, at this level of football, that can't be a main selling point for a striker.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:22 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
His strike rate against appearances, is that not bad.

In simple terms, his time with Cork and Reading was 1 goal for every three appearances on average. With Wolves in more recent years has been 1 goal in every five appearances, and during that period he has had a series of injuries which no doubt held him back.

If he is fit, let us hope he can get back to 1 in 3 again, and do as well as he has done in his international experience.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:47 PM

MAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will Doyle be playing for the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:13 PM

KP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is hereKP'S Nuts Sam the man is here
Forget about a left back or a striker I think we need to employ a scout if after all this time the best they can come up with is looking last minute at the championship reserves then god help us.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
We will, I'm sure.

Doesn't mean I can't make my feeling clear on signing a clapped-out, useless has-been who isn't a patch on the player he's replacing after 4 bloody months to get something better.
Let's give him a chance eh
Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 PM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
I wonder how many of those posters who have the Doyle transfer as a waste of time, also felt about Phillips.

Shame the BBS doesn't have an opinion sort which could be used as a reference guide.
Phillips scored 30 goals in a single Premiership season.

Age was the only issue with him, not talent.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:59 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
We have always given our loan players support KD will be no exception i hope. Mind you the amount that left the WH game early maybe premier league fans are not as patient.