Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-09-2014, 10:52 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
Reread my post.

I never said that players cannot make the jump. I was just stating that pining after players who seem to be doing OK in the championship (which is a pretty big step down) for being some sort of saviours of our season is folly.

That has little or nothing to do with AJ or Doyle because I never brought them into the point or have suggested that they will make any sort of difference for us either.
No one is saying they are some sort of saviour.

Plenty of people however are saying they would rather have Jerome over AJ or Doyle, hence the comparison.
Old 20-09-2014, 11:03 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
No one is saying they are some sort of saviour.

Plenty of people however are saying they would rather have Jerome over AJ or Doyle, hence the comparison.
Well the comparison is a little pointless if you don't mind me saying so. Jerome certainly did a job last season for us, but his goalscoring ability in the championship isn't relevant to that. I'm sure we could send Campbell down to the championship and see him get a decent goal return but nobody is that thrilled with him being in the squad are they? After all if any of our strikers are comparable to Jerome then it is surely Campbell due to his workrate, his ability to spend 90 minutes hassling opponents, his pace and the fact he was signed by Pulis instead of Jerome this summer. Doyle seems to be more akin to Wilbraham and AJ, well despite being a different sort of player, I imagine will be compared to Murray.

Either way it could be argued that irrespective of what combination of those strikers you have in your squad they are not going to be chipping in with a great amount of goals for a side like us in the Prem.

Last edited by Windsor_Eagle; 20-09-2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 20-09-2014, 11:04 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
what did he do.
WHOOSH.................
Old 20-09-2014, 11:09 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Reading have 7 games in 22 days which will certainly test Glenn's fitness.
Old 20-09-2014, 11:27 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well the comparison is a little pointless if you don't mind me saying so. Jerome certainly did a job last season for us, but his goalscoring ability in the championship isn't relevant to that. I'm sure we could send Campbell down to the championship and see him get a decent goal return but nobody is that thrilled with him being in the squad are they? After all if any of our strikers are comparable to Jerome then it is surely Campbell due to his workrate, his ability to spend 90 minutes hassling opponents, his pace and the fact he was signed by Pulis instead of Jerome this summer. Doyle seems to be more akin to Wilbraham and AJ, well despite being a different sort of player, I imagine will be compared to Murray.

Either way it could be argued that irrespective of what combination of those strikers you have in your squad they are not going to be chipping in with a great amount of goals for a side like us in the Prem.
But your last paragraph tells us the problem. The forward department was the one that definitely needed improvement. Defensively we needed more depth, probably in midfield too, but the first pick for those positions were ok.

I was happy to see Jerome go because I mistakenly assumed two things - we'd buy someone in a similar mould but better, and that Murray would play more seeing that he's fully fit. Instead we've ended up weaker.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:30 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Well the comparison is a little pointless if you don't mind me saying so. Jerome certainly did a job last season for us, but his goalscoring ability in the championship isn't relevant to that. I'm sure we could send Campbell down to the championship and see him get a decent goal return but nobody is that thrilled with him being in the squad are they?
But 99% of people knew it was mistake before they started scoring goals in the Championship and said so long before, in fact before my post yesterday I had no idea Jerome scored 2!

The reason I wanted Jerome was purely based on how well he did for us last season and his play suited us as a team. The reason I wanted Murray is the fact he scored 30 goals the season before and was started to look dangerous and get his fitness back. Nothing to do with how they are doing now at Reading or Norwich. I dont need Wilbraham or Jerome already scoring more than AJ and Doyle combined last season to tell me they are poor signings at this level.

Now I have no problem with an upgrading, however Doyle, Campbell and AJ are certainly not.

If Palace fans were given a choice who they want up top today vs Everton, Gayle, Campbell, Doyle, AJ, or Jerome. Most sane supporters will pick Jerome.
Old 21-09-2014, 12:33 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

If Palace fans were given a choice who they want up top today vs Everton, Gayle, Campbell, Doyle, AJ, or Jerome. Most sane supporters will pick Jerome.
Bollocks. Out of those, any sensible person would pick Gayle, albeit that they would argue that the competition needs a significant upgrade.
Old 21-09-2014, 01:12 PM
EAGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Bollocks. Out of those, any sensible person would pick Gayle, albeit that they would argue that the competition needs a significant upgrade.
Well Pulis didnt when we played Everton just a matter of months ago. We won, Jerome was superb, we finished the season 11th.
Old 21-09-2014, 04:35 PM
EAGLES

Quote:
Errm had Warnock to that....
Old 21-09-2014, 04:48 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
You can only discuss the club on here if you are positive at all times, always support every action that the club makes and want to pretend that Pulis was a poor manager anyway. Do not attempt a grown up discussion. These are the rules of posting as decided by some other posters who have no more right to decide what can be posted than you or I do.
Yeah you're right. I can't find anything negative on here at all. Can you?

I mean it would be great if there was just some more moaning about the board, about our transfers, about Warnock, about Murray, about Frazier Campbell, about Williams or about Doyle. But I just can't find any. Let me know if you come across some.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:10 PM

TomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTomOhio : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Glenn Murray is my #1 favorite player, and has been for more than 2 years. I like his work ethic even though his innate skills and abilities aren't World Cup class. He reminds me of Horst Hrubesch from the 1980s Hamburg squad. When he went down with injury, I was very upset and disappointed... but the way that he worked his way back and the way Pulis was integrating him a little at a time was very encouraging.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

But, what was 30-year old Glenn to make of the manager and roster changes coming into 14-15... especially the sudden appearance of a 21-year old Wilifried Zaha? The only conclusion any professional could draw is that the club is readying to relegate him within the squad or show him the door altogether. If I were in the spot he was in, I'd been looking for opportunities, too. Come on, what professional would rather sit on the bench instead of playing? If he concluded his days at Palace were 'probably' coming to an end, he had to calculate that his window to advertise his post-injury skills to other Premier teams was closing as well. His age, injury and diminished playing time were all working against him here... so, he jumped at a chance to play every day. Though I am devastated that my favorite player is not playing for my favorite team, I cannot blame him for his decision. And, I cannot blame the team for letting a player go when he concludes he'd rather be somewhere else.

Glenn is gone... he's not coming back... and I hope he scores a hundred goals a year.
Old 23-09-2014, 10:32 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Errm had Warnock to that....
Hahaha genius, all trappy after Warnock picked a player that you've slated
Old 23-09-2014, 11:06 PM
EAGLES

Quote:
Hahaha genius, all trappy after Warnock picked a player that you've slated
You what? Think you need to have a re read fella....
Old 27-09-2014, 12:55 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
This isn't true is it?.I cant think of a time in recent history where the club is getting more criticised on here and there are still plenty with their tongues down the back of pulis pants,even though he walked out 2 days before the season started.
You and Ue Eagle are the same person surely?
Old 20-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Lordashenden

Lordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I really hope he comes back and gets the chance he rightly deserves as without his goals that season we would not be where we are now. I just fear under warnock now he will not be returning but could be wrong
Old 20-10-2014, 08:42 PM

HRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is hereHRP Sam the man is here
he won't be coming back , close thread
Old 20-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
3 reasons why he wont be back

1) Hes not PL quality after his injury
2) Hes too old to get his craft back (needs a contract to see him through)
3) Warnock wouldnt have a clue how to use him (he leaves Chammy out ffs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 20-10-2014, 08:49 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordashenden View Post
I really hope he comes back and gets the chance he rightly deserves as without his goals that season we would not be where we are now. I just fear under warnock now he will not be returning but could be wrong
Not scoring enough in the Championship at the moment to suggest he would improve us.

Chris Martin is scoring for fun though, much maligned at Palace.
Old 20-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Last thing we need at the moment is another forward, we don't have places in the team for the 4 on the bench.

Defenders please
Old 20-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Not scoring enough in the Championship at the moment to suggest he would improve us.

Chris Martin is scoring for fun though, much maligned at Palace.
Not by me he wasnt.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]