Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2014, 07:57 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
We should have turned him down then.
yeah I know, Warnock's problem though isn't it. Not CPFC2010 like people are saying
Old 13-09-2014, 07:58 PM
@joysoftechnoloG

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
knew I should have stayed off here tonight.
Murray wanted to go and get games.
Doyle and AJ are happy to be here and play whatever part the manager sees fit and arguably they have more experience at this level anyway.
It didnt quite come off today but we could have been out of site after 20 minutes with Campbell and Gayle. IMO we looked like a far more effective attacking force today than at anytime last sason and given the service Gayle will score the goals we require because he is an out and out goal scorer.

Get behind the players that are here and want to be here
Old 13-09-2014, 07:58 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcpfc View Post
100% agree. Palace should have at least tried to sign a marquee striker. We got rid of Murray who is quite good, got a Wolverhampton reject, a Cardiff cast off and a former great palace striker of great age.

Of all the transfer fun and games, the striker situation left me bemused
We probably tried but sadly Parish being tight means we have to settle with the shit no one wants
Old 13-09-2014, 08:00 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Exactly! Quite incredible that we have ended up with Doyle! No plan b today!
Old 13-09-2014, 08:01 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
He's starting games now which is what he wanted. He deserved it after what he's done for us and I'm delighted he's scoring goals.

After his injury we wouldn't have known what he was capable of unless either we began starting him or he went on loan. Not many people were calling for him to start, so this looks like a good move for him. When he comes back in Jan let's hope it's with a truckful of goals ready to challenge for a first team place and Doyle has a load himself to compete.

Werner Herzog
Old 13-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
******* disgraceful.

Why ******* why have we allowed this to happen. I don't give a flying **** if he wanted games. The conversation should have gone like this:

Glenn: "I want to leave so I can get some games"

Club: "Sorry Glenn but we rate you and think you have a part to play. We've paid your wages through all your rehab and as your employer we insist you stay here. The only replacement we find at the last minute is a shit wank striker who failed to get 5 ******* goals in League 1 last year- it would be a total ******* disaster if we replaced you with him. Sorry mate, stay and fight for your place for now. Besides with Chamack injured you will get 90 minutes with Gayle against Burnley".

Glenn: "Ok fair enough"

Worst transfer saga since Akinbiye destroyed the Clinton & Dougie partnership. Utter stupidity.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:03 PM
@joysoftechnoloG

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
We probably tried but sadly Parish being tight means we have to settle with the shit no one wants
For "Tight" replace sensible and "shit noone wants" with players that want to play for us.

If you think you can write of Doyle on 20 minutes today then you are as I am beginning to realise totally and utterly bonkers
Old 13-09-2014, 08:03 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep it's not rocket science why has the club been so inept this summer FFS
Old 13-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 View Post
******* disgraceful.

Why ******* why have we allowed this to happen. I don't give a flying **** if he wanted games. The conversation should have gone like this:

Club: "Sorry Glenn but we rate you and think you have a part to play. We've paid your wages through all your rehab and as your employer we insist you stay here. The only replacement we find at the last minute is a shit wank striker who failed to get 5 ******* goals in League 1 last year- it would be a total ******* disaster if we replaced you with him. Sorry mate, stay and fight for your place for now. Besides with Chamack injured you will get 90 minutes with Gayle against Burnley".

Worst transfer saga since Akinbiye destroyed the Clinton & Dougie partnership. Utter stupidity.
Spot on
Old 13-09-2014, 08:07 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It looks very amateur though. I understand he wanted games but how can you not test him out here and then decide... Especially when the Championship loan window opens AFTER the Transfer window closes.

The Murray and Gayle partnership looked far better than anything else we have seen to date.

The guy played well in pre season, better than most our strikers and we let him to to be replaced by someone inferior.

Last edited by Gathers54; 13-09-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:09 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
MURRAY WANTED THE MOVE!

we wont see Murray in a Palace shirt again unfortunately, move on. We've got to sort out the striker problem in January
Will be very difficult to sort it out in jan. Generally speaking, clubs don't sell strikers in form part way through the season and risk screwing up their season regardless of the fees involved.

Make no mistake about it - parish et al have royally screwed our season up by failing to secure a striker to replace what Jerome or Murray brought to the team.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:14 PM

roystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandroystas is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
I understand that Murray needed the games and wanted to go. What I don't get is that they knew Chamakh was out and they can also still loan players out for the rest of the month.

Why didn't they ask him to give it a few games, see how he did for us, and then make the call. Could have made a big difference in my opinion, especially today.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:15 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
He's starting games now which is what he wanted. He deserved it after what he's done for us and I'm delighted he's scoring goals.

After his injury we wouldn't have known what he was capable of unless either we began starting him or he went on loan. Not many people were calling for him to start, so this looks like a good move for him. When he comes back in Jan let's hope it's with a truckful of goals ready to challenge for a first team place and Doyle has a load himself to compete.
He won't be coming back.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
******* disgraceful.

Yep, spot on.

Last edited by Friskey; 13-09-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:18 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
******* disgraceful.

This!
Old 13-09-2014, 08:22 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Depressing stat:

Last current player to get double figures in a professional league was chamakh five years ago.

It really is laughable we got ourselves into this state and then loaned out Glenn
Old 13-09-2014, 08:24 PM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
He won't be coming back.
Indeed, you don't send someone out on loan 'to get games' when the deal is with a view to a permanent move
Old 13-09-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Depressing stat:

Last current player to get double figures in a professional league was chamakh five years ago.

It really is laughable we got ourselves into this state and then loaned out Glenn
Gayle got 20 goals the season before he joined us.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:26 PM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Depressing stat:

Gayle got 14 or 15 for Peterborough the year we went up?

But I think we can agree, it was a very, very stupid transfer.
Old 13-09-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godstone Eagle View Post
Indeed, you don't send someone out on loan 'to get games' when the deal is with a view to a permanent move
Parish should have been honest with the fans and said this