Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2014, 12:51 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
It's so odd that some on here are trying to make out our strike force is now better than last season. It is not.

That we were safe by mid April, earning extra money than expected by finishing 11th, makes the whole thing a bit of a shambles.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:06 AM

Odds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOdds Against : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Yeo, Jerome and Murray playing well......in the CHAMPIONSHIP, when neither scored much in the PL, great comparison. And I know Murray was injured. As for forcing hime to stay......I despair of some, I really do
A loan is fine. We need to hold on to though, if, when we go down he'll be invaluable.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:10 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
Yeo, Jerome and Murray playing well......in the CHAMPIONSHIP, when neither scored much in the PL, great comparison. And I know Murray was injured. As for forcing hime to stay......I despair of some, I really do
Doyle scored 5 goals in 38 games playing in league 1 and the Championship......
Old 14-09-2014, 01:10 AM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor_Eagle View Post
And yet another poster sees our choices as Murray or those two.

Let me put it another way, if that was the choice facing the club it surely wouldn't have been the one that was taken. Doyle and AJ were sought as replacements after Murray was seeking a move. I hold no ill-will to Muzza as he needs games but he wasn't going to be getting starts (bar maybe one or two whilst Chamakh is out - but even then he is not a 'number 10') and so it becomes academic. If Murray was happy to be a bench warmer he would still be here.
Yet another poster who fails to recognise that we could've talked the player into fighting for his place and refused a transfer until we had a replacement that wasn't 3/4 years past their sell by date.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:35 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by roystas View Post
I understand that Murray needed the games and wanted to go. What I don't get is that they knew Chamakh was out and they can also still loan players out for the rest of the month.

Why didn't they ask him to give it a few games, see how he did for us, and then make the call. Could have made a big difference in my opinion, especially today.
Chamakh is out for another week tops. That's why
Old 14-09-2014, 01:35 AM
And a packet of crisps

Pint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPint of Speroni came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't understand all the people commenting that he asked to leave so there's nothing we could do.

We could, I dunno, play him? Murray scores goals and if we had persevered with him I am in no doubt he would've done so at this level. Instead we would give him one start then a handful of 5 minute cameos every so often. A shambles.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:39 AM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint of Speroni View Post
I don't understand all the people commenting that he asked to leave so there's nothing we could do.

We could, I dunno, play him? Murray scores goals and if we had persevered with him I am in no doubt he would've done so at this level. Instead we would give him one start then a handful of 5 minute cameos every so often. A shambles.
We could've also reminded him he was under contract and dismissed the request from Reading.

Why do people think we were obligated to let Glenn do whatever he wanted?
Old 14-09-2014, 01:40 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Glenn came to see me and said 'gaffer, I think I've done well here and I want to be playing - could I go and play somewhere else?' I felt really sorry for him.
"He has done well and he needs to be playing at his age. I only knew about it 24 hours before the deadline and I told him that if I got someone in then he could go out on loan until Christmas but that I wanted that call-back option. I wasn't keen on him going but Reading are a good club and Glenn was not keen to be sitting on the bench. I listened to him and it's only right."

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Good to see the manager convincing him to stay....
Old 14-09-2014, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Glenn came to see me and said 'gaffer, I think I've done well here and I want to be playing - could I go and play somewhere else?' I felt really sorry for him.
"He has done well and he needs to be playing at his age. I only knew about it 24 hours before the deadline and I told him that if I got someone in then he could go out on loan until Christmas but that I wanted that call-back option. I wasn't keen on him going but Reading are a good club and Glenn was not keen to be sitting on the bench. I listened to him and it's only right."

Good to see the manager convincing him to stay....
The only possible explanation is that Warnock must rate Doyle as equal or better than Murray.

If that's the case then we are ****ed.

He sold Clinton after a 15+ goal season because he wanted to play Scowcroft up front, so has some previous when it comes to shit decisions around forwards.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:28 AM

andy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandy m came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
MURRAY WANTED THE MOVE!

we wont see Murray in a Palace shirt again unfortunately, move on. We've got to sort out the striker problem in January
HE HAS A CONTRACT!

He should have been told that we didn't have time to source a suitable replacement in this window, but that we'd actively working on targets to allow us to support a move for him in January.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Well he looked pretty happy when scoring for Reading today....

Then again I guess a goal is a goal where ever you score it.
Old 14-09-2014, 06:04 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
People are looking so linearly at this. Firstly, when considering what Murray wants and needs it is not just about said players contract, it is about whether he is in the trenches with the lads or not. If his concern at lack of game time meant that he was in a different mind set and head space compared to his colleagues then something needs sorting. It is only responsible that the club takes under serious consideration the players concerns - its not football bloody manager!

Secondly, if as a result of those conversations you try and convince him to say then it will take more than words to do so. It'd need to be followed up with games and a lot of them (not one or two). I still don't think (despite the sentimentality we feel towards Glenn) that he has shown that he deserves regular selection ahead of Gayle or Chamakh. If he is picked ahead of either of those two, then you have two more potentially unhappy lads at the club except this time two lads who've shown that they can get us points at this level.

There seems little point giving a squad player a place in the 25 man squad and then loaning him out three weeks later as some are suggesting we should have done. Moreover, the loan window doesn't allow for agreements on future transfer fees (if that is the deal that was struck) and the offer might have been sufficiently good for all parties that seemed too good to turn down.

Ultimately there were a number of variables here and whilst I am sad to see him go, I doubt that he would have made the impact for us this season many now seem to assert. None made such assertions just over a fortnight ago either.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:05 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Grass is always greener.. Murray and also Jerome scoring goals in.. the Championship. We took a calculated gamble on what we signed, and it could be argued they have a better track record in the PL than what we let go. I'm pleased for Murray after what he has had with his injuries but not sure he would of offered the goal threat in this league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 14-09-2014, 08:28 AM

CPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Lad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Old 14-09-2014, 09:10 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Grass is always greener.. Murray and also Jerome scoring goals in.. the Championship. We took a calculated gamble on what we signed, and it could be argued they have a better track record in the PL than what we let go. I'm pleased for Murray after what he has had with his injuries but not sure he would of offered the goal threat in this league.
This is the kind of stuff I was getting at in my original post.

Do you honestly think we now have a better strike force than last season?
Old 14-09-2014, 09:18 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How many goals did we score last season ? Should beat that number this year.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:32 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 View Post
Yet another poster who fails to recognise that we could've talked the player into fighting for his place and refused a transfer until we had a replacement that wasn't 3/4 years past their sell by date.

Absolutely, this argument that you have to let a contracted player leave if he says he wants to is stupid. Clubs tell players they are staying all the time. He could of came on and played in the Premier League yesterday.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:39 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Shifting Murray to Reading is our most bizarre decision of the transfer window. I can understand it if we had a top striker lined up but we didn't. We weakened ourselves. Yesterday that point was sadly made.

We replaced Murray with Doyle.

Doyle. Unbelievable decision.

Murray should have started for us yesterday over Campbell and Doyle. Campbell is a very average striker.

Gutted but we have made a massive error.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Why would anyone think Glenn should play "in the hole" he's a striker.
Murray has got a good football brain and awareness so could play the number 10 role, especially as our system seems to need someone good in the air to play that role.

The only reason for letting Murray go should've been to get a better forward, unfortunately it doesn't appear like we did. However, I agree with those who say we should give the new players time to settle, remember how poor Jerome was this time last year but he came good.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:56 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
I like how the 25 has become so valuable! We've named McCarthy in the 25 who has managed less than 30 minutes in the last 2 seasons! 5/6 of the 25 barely kicked a ball last season.

Glenn could have taken Paddy's place and been given a chance against Burnley/Everton whilst Chamakh was out. If he played well he would stay in but if not we could loan him out.

It's so simple.

Replacing him with Doyle is staggeringly stupid. I just can't get my head around how anyone would think it was a good idea.