Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWorksop Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosowski View Post
What's so amusing? I've had a season ticket in the same place in B block for 6 years now - I know most of the faces around me and today the top of the block was full of newbie day trippers.
What utter bollox

How do you know they were day trippers and not new season ticket holders ?

I get down to selhurst a couple of times a year now. Supported the club since I was 8. Do you want me to run it by you before I come? Would hate to think you'de see me as a day tripper cos you may not have seen me before
Old 14-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
There was some booing in the Upper Tier blocks q,r, s but pretty sure it was aimed at the ref rather than a poor performance.
The booing in the Main stand was clearly directed at their new uncomfortable seats.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:21 AM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
Fan Zhiyi's Shanghai team probably.
Yes that's who they were as mentioned on another thread.

Old 14-09-2014, 09:23 AM

ob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is hereob13 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET1 View Post
I was in V block, you must be deaf.
i only heard burnley in last 15 or 20 minutes as it did start to go a little flat for us(when we shut up a bit) what row are you in coz all i could hear most of the time was me and most of the people around me singing? its a shame only a handful of people further down ever join in unless things are going really well.it certainly wasnt the best atmosphere today but we did try
Old 14-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Atmosphere was shit yesterday. I'm in B Block row 25 and have been for years. Most of the normal faces were there but some new ones too. Not sure what the problem is?

I just feel dejected with Palace.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:36 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Second season syndrome was always going to happen. I was really surprised how slow Arsenal and Newcastle sold too.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Get a grip! The Emirates has turned into the new library, anfield was silent. At Man U you get the occasional 'United'. I thought it sounded great at Selhurst yesterday. Some people have such high unrealistic expectations. We were home to Burnley FFS in a tense encounter.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Second season syndrome was always going to happen. I was really surprised how slow Arsenal and Newcastle sold too.
Maybe it was because of second season syndrome?
Old 14-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Atmosphere was great until "We're the boys from se25" started. No-one joins in with it and haven't for the 2 years it's been sung.

By far and away the worst song in the history of football.

So camp that Graham Norton is offended by it.
Old 14-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Atmosphere was great until "We're the boys from se25" started. No-one joins in with it and haven't for the 2 years it's been sung.

Bit harsh but have to admit the whole SE25 and proud thing is a bit strange, seeing as 99% of Palace fans don't actually live in SE25 and cant wait to get out of the place when the game finishes.
Old 14-09-2014, 10:23 AM

Natasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses growNatasha Pyke knows where the wild roses grow
The atmosphere during those last 4-5 months last season was electric particularly the Liverpool game. It was like a cup run and that night felt like I win. I wonder if we are guilty of making a comparison (atmosphere wise) between what has been a very unsettling start and one of the most incredible periods I have experienced as a Palace fan.
Old 14-09-2014, 10:24 AM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm quessing that's the one where we could see the HF clapping for what seemed like an eternity but couldn't hear a word from them. From the back of Block V we said it sounded a bit like a funeral march. Maybe a reflection on the game.

Old 14-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned by Moderators

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Atmosphere was shit yesterday. I'm in B Block row 25 and have been for years. Most of the normal faces were there but some new ones too. Not sure what the problem is?

I just feel dejected with Palace.
How do you cope with normal life?
Old 14-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I wouldn't call it camp but it is shit. Nobody joins in and the atmosphere dies during the ten or so minutes it drones on for.
AWM V 41 118,119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Pyke View Post
The atmosphere during those last 4-5 months last season was electric particularly the Liverpool game. It was like a cup run and that night felt like I win. I wonder if we are guilty of making a comparison (atmosphere wise) between what has been a very unsettling start and one of the most incredible periods I have experienced as a Palace fan.
This^^^
We are comparing ourselves to us at our best, instead of comparing us to other clubs in the PL.

Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumie Allan View Post
I'm quessing that's the one where we could see the HF clapping for what seemed like an eternity but couldn't hear a word from them. From the back of Block V we said it sounded a bit like a funeral march. Maybe a reflection on the game.

That was a different song, seemed new, but I wandered closer to block b when Ings went down injured to see what it was and still none the wiser!
Old 14-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
I didn't think it was too bad yesterday, maybe a little bit flat.

I think it's a symptom of the general disappointment with the complete horlicks we made of things this summer, tbh.
Old 14-09-2014, 10:48 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quite subdued but not surprising given the opposition and poor performance
Old 14-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Diehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDiehard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDONMAN View Post
Some people wait for things to happen, some of us keep singing all the way through.

You haven't made it clear where abouts you watch the game from, but I guess you are one of those in the first category.

The comment about the HF is laughable. Who do you think they have turned up to support? They didn't stop singing and backing Palace throughout the match, even in the build up to the free-kick and penalty, where the rest of the ground were just holding their breath.

Burnley might have been loud were you were gasping from, but we couldn't hear them at all in Block B.
From the Upper Tier I concur with Londonman. Once again the HF never stopped. Astounding that they should be criticised. Burnley were in audible to us.
I would like to see more HF pockets in each stand. That's the one area they need to work on and I am sure they appreciate it. However we do need to start generating some momentum on the pitch to facilitate this. A home win is essential on every level!!!
Old 14-09-2014, 11:05 AM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Moved from the Arthur to the Whitehorse because I bought the kids season tickets this year. Looking like a mistake. Shocking atmosphere and as it's completely sold out with season ticket holders I can't see it getting any better.
I suppose I have to take my share of the blame as it's hard to sing etc. when you're surrounded by children under ten.
The Whitehorse has it's moment's don't worry, but it's a very mixed demographic, being a 'family' stand, and we do like to watch the football first...there are plenty of people who get animated especially closer to the away fans, but there is no 'choir leaders' as such, although a few small groups (which seem to be building)....however if the team is struggling, and the away supporters are in good voice then, then the home support is suppressed a bit....younger fans in particular take their lead from the optimism of older fans.