Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Whitehorse Stand - Catering - Terrible!

Seeing as we are having a moan ...

The catering in the Whitehorse stand seems to have gone into complete meltdown. We always suffer from long queues but yesterday was beyond a joke.

For the hatch nearest the Arthur Waite side of the ground... with 50 or 60 people in the queue there was just one vacant, tired & miserable looking young lady serving at half time and she was going just about as slow as is humanly possible, taking as AGE to make simple things like cups of tea, meaning that people who had gone down before half time were still in the queue long after the second half had kicked off. And needless to say by that time most of the food options had run out.

It needs proper supervision, it needs a separate queue for drinks, it needs Cronx back on in boxes please, it needs warm piss Carling lager to be COLD if they are going to charge £4.20 for a shitty bottle, it needs enough food to feed the kids that sit in that stand, it needs a complete shake-up and a rocket put up the backside of whoever is in charge of the shambles that it has turned into.

Does anyone have the email address of the catering manager so that I can send something to them? I would have put this in the CPFC2010 Questions forum and re-used a thread in there if it was still open / active.

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 14-09-2014 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Removal of an adjective to prevent any potential offence being taken
Old 14-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has anyone had one of the pizzas yet. I could not believe how terrible it looked (and then tasted) when I opened the box.

Why anyone buys anything other than cronx in the ground is beyond me. Every couple of years I might buy something just to see if it is still terrible and over priced. It still is. Bring your own stuff or just wait.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
So pleased i am going to watch the Ladies today,It will be nice to mix with Palace fans that are cheering the team on,rather than ******* moan all the time
Old 14-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
And whilst we're moaning.......I think about four words or maybe half a phrase was audible from the pa towards the main stand side of the Whitehorse......cant see the screen obviously so it would be nice to be able to hear the line ups etc. It mumbles along and then you get the last two words at full volume. I remember this being bought up ad nauseum last year.......but still not fixed.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
It is possible to cheer the team on and moan the day after on a forum Waddon.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
So pleased i am going to watch the Ladies today,It will be nice to mix with Palace fans that are cheering the team on,rather than ******* moan all the time
Harsh. I cheered on the team yesterday, I sang, I stayed until the end, I clapped them off - but there was a genuine problem with the catering that needs to be sorted out. It's not a criticism of the club or Palace or the players or CPFC2010 or anything like that - it's just something that has stopped working and some of the kids were left without lunch because of it. If no-one points this out to them then people are going to start bringing their own food and the club will lose money.
Old 14-09-2014, 12:34 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
I don't think I've bought food at selhurst this century. The quality is appalling, the prices high and the service poor but until everyone stops buying food at the ground things will remain the same.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:02 PM

Tony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is hereTony Montana Sam the man is here
You're being out of order to the young girl serving. She may read this and it's hardly her fault that the catering is understaffed. For a grown "man" to be calling a young girl gormless because he couldn't get his burger in the 5 minute window he wanted, is a bit sad.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:02 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdeanchilds came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle View Post
Are you new here?
Old 14-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
I think the OP needs to send that in a PM straight to CPFC2010/Steve Browett. It's not moaning about the club or the owners, or about any of the other recent developments, its just pointing out a problem.

There's a massive potential for improving the catering in the Whitehorse, selling more stuff, and helping people enjoy the day out more.

At the moment it just isn't up to scratch. Spending 20 minutes in a queue is no good for anyone.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
But yeah, maybe without the "gormless" bit. Its a management issue, not really the fault of anyone who was actually serving.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana View Post
You're being out of order to the young girl serving. She may read this and it's hardly her fault that the catering is understaffed.
Cor we're all a bit tetchy this morning aren't we, "man". Yeah perhaps I was being a little hard on her and naturally wouldn't want to cause her personal offence in the highly unlikely event that she is one of the 10 or so people who have viewed this thread tucked away on this BBS forum here.

She may be capable of much much more with the right supervision and encouragement or perhaps better pay or whatever and she is probably a wonderful person and it's not about her as an individual and it clearly isn't her overall fault or responsibility that it is failing like it is.

Last edited by A Wooden Fish On Wheels; 14-09-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:15 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
The cue in the Arthur for a drink was awful, I started cueing at the ht whistle and didn't get seen until 15 minutes after second half kick off.
It was 1 man to a kiosk in the serving areas but we know roughly a few days in advance what the overall attendance should be so why can't they staff it accordingly?.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:18 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

I have edited out the 'offending' word.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:21 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I don't think I've bought food at selhurst this century. The quality is appalling, the prices high and the service poor but until everyone stops buying food at the ground things will remain the same.
That"s not a bad idea, may force them to look at the quality, service and prices of course once it's brought back in house it will be run much better.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I have edited out the 'offending' word.
What about "vacant"? That wasn't very nice either.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:32 PM

cupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is here
Overpriced bad quality, served by people working for peanuts, recipe for disaster.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:33 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
"Lady" is sexist too.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:36 PM

Crozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is hereCrozzy71 Sam the man is here
The Wright & Bright bar is pretty good. You can usually get served within 5 minutes and they've now got a new Cornish Pilsner which is rather good.
Old 14-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where have we been where food isn't shit and you don't have to queue for ages.

It's just how it is at football and probably always will be. If people weren't willing to queue for the entire half time to pay something ridiculous for a hard sausage in a stale bun then it might change. By purchasing the shit food you are adding to he problem.