Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-09-2014, 04:32 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
Overpriced bespoke pies
Pies were as rare as rocking horse shit in the UH yesterday
Old 14-09-2014, 04:36 PM

aadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaadams : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seems a lot of people want to support the club, spend their money in the ground and keep the revenue in the club, but being put off with the high prices, sub standard food & poor service. This could B fixed easily, just need someone to own & solve the problem
Old 14-09-2014, 04:39 PM

drunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedrunkymunky : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Eat before/after the game then? On a side note, the home made pie n mash in the players lounge is the real deal...proper gravy and big portions. Or are we only allowed to moan?
Old 14-09-2014, 04:43 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
Water £2.20 is that a fair price?
Old 14-09-2014, 05:03 PM

cupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
It`s free in the toilet sinks
Old 14-09-2014, 05:58 PM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No one is forcing anyone to queue nor part with their money for food and drink. If you allow yourself to be ripped-off it is entirely down to you especially as there are so many other choices available pre and post match in the area.
Old 14-09-2014, 06:17 PM

Suffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuffolkeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Mad View Post
Never have understood y people buy food at selhurst. It over priced and horrible. Also we have sainsburys next door and a good chip shop down the road.
And a cracking Chinese outside the Whitehorse
Old 14-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky View Post
Eat before/after the game then? On a side note, the home made pie n mash in the players lounge is the real deal...proper gravy and big portions. Or are we only allowed to moan?
I think the clue is in the title of the thread?
Old 14-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
It is if your ******* thirsty LOL!
Old 14-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
No. It's robbery. I just donated (through my restaurant) 360 bottles of mineral water to the Royal British Legion. It cost me under £50......or 14 p per bottle.
Old 14-09-2014, 07:32 PM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupid stunt View Post
It`s all far too pricey for me which is why i don't buy anything, i don't know why more people don't take a packed lunch with them. Make the sandwiches the night before and then just add what extra bits and pieces you want such as scotch eggs, sardines etc. Drinkwise just take an empty vessel in with you and fill it up in the toilet sinks. You can have a relatively cheap day out (other than the match ticket) if you make preparations.
I go to a few Sevilla games a season and apart from everyone ignoring the no smoking law the main thing I first noticed was that at half time 30/35% of the crowd pull out home made food.
Old 14-09-2014, 07:42 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Bet Stephenson Wright and Bright etc were well stocked with staff and product..
Old 14-09-2014, 07:43 PM

JB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkymunky View Post
Yes, the Main Stand bars are excellent for service. And the pie I had yesterday contained several large chunks of real steak.
Old 14-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Seeing as we are having a moan ...

The catering in the Whitehorse stand seems to have gone into complete meltdown. We always suffer from long queues but yesterday was beyond a joke.

For the hatch nearest the Arthur Waite side of the ground... with 50 or 60 people in the queue there was just one vacant, tired & miserable looking young lady serving at half time and she was going just about as slow as is humanly possible, taking as AGE to make simple things like cups of tea, meaning that people who had gone down before half time were still in the queue long after the second half had kicked off. And needless to say by that time most of the food options had run out.

It needs proper supervision, it needs a separate queue for drinks, it needs Cronx back on in boxes please, it needs warm piss Carling lager to be COLD if they are going to charge £4.20 for a shitty bottle, it needs enough food to feed the kids that sit in that stand, it needs a complete shake-up and a rocket put up the backside of whoever is in charge of the shambles that it has turned into.

Does anyone have the email address of the catering manager so that I can send something to them? I would have put this in the CPFC2010 Questions forum and re-used a thread in there if it was still open / active.
Totally agree with that. I queued for twenty minutes from about 3.40 to get some food and then they appeared to be doing each order individually. Consequently my order (for my and my friends kids I might add,) off 1 Cheeseburger and three fries went something like:

Wait 3 minutes - Burger
Wait 3 minutes - chips 1
Wait 3 minutes - chips 2
Wait 3 minutes - chips 3

In so many ways yesterday it was like going back to the Championship dark ages, even in Crystals we seem to have got rid of the queuing and allocation system that worked so well last season in favour of two queues and a free for all.

As H has said, "whilst we are having a moan..." and I don't really want to, but all round yesterday it seemed amateurish on and off the field.

(Also one last gripe, nothing to do with catering, the sound system in Whitehorse has suddenly become awful. You can't hear GAO at all when the teams come out.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I got a coke and chips 10 minutes before KO in the Whitehorse yesterday it cost £4.70 which is a bloody rip off but I was served in under 3 minutes had a very short wait for the food and the chips were hot, the coke was warm but with the volume going through I wont moan about that. I have had the pizza before and think its good value and whilst not Pizza Express its OK.

Until last season you were allowed to bring hot food in but now you are not and whilst I can understand this you would hope that the quality of the food you can buy should be level with what you can get outside even if the prices are not.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 14-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Bet Stephenson Wright and Bright etc were well stocked with staff and product..
The Stephenson seemed to be. I don't get your point though?
Old 14-09-2014, 08:26 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara4003 View Post
The Stephenson seemed to be. I don't get your point though?
Oh please!

I think the poster is implying those in the cheap (sorry, cheaper) seats are getting the service and facilities they deserve for being well - cheapskates!

Last edited by lombardo7; 14-09-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm comparing it to last year when I have to say all the catering problems seemed to be ironed out in the Whitehorse, good food, at a price but burgers were good, when my eating machine ten year old let me have a bite, chips were hot and queuing was reasonable.

At the West Ham and Burnley games it was piss poor - and I'm wondering of it is sheer coincidence that there was a change in policy in Crystals too, just felt like we have a new catering manager that seems more interested in profit than service. This I feel was the issue when we had outside contractors. I have no evidence of such, but it just felt like we had gone back two years.

Glad AWFOW brought this up as I was going too, but put it down to a shite performance so thought I might have imagined it.

Fair play to catering staff mind you - they do always try to be pleasant, and seemed a little embarrassed by the whole situation.

Also part of getting a kid to enjoy football is the thrill of a greasy burger every other week. When you want a youngster of six to stop saying "I want to go home.." a promise of a bag of chips at half time does the trick. So whilst I understand and appreciate the "bring food from home" views, and when I went on my own concurred with this view, now my kids are always with me one's opinion changes.
Old 14-09-2014, 08:31 PM

cupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is herecupid stunt Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsfordeagle View Post
I go to a few Sevilla games a season and apart from everyone ignoring the no smoking law the main thing I first noticed was that at half time 30/35% of the crowd pull out home made food.
Nice bit of paella at half time!!

Packed lunches are the way forward
Old 14-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolkeagle View Post
And a cracking Chinese outside the Whitehorse
Great value, always get the smaller carton to allow room for beer, quick & cheap (and they make money)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale