Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-09-2014, 12:00 PM

Palace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Mad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Prices are crazy in any football ground and standard of food is average at best. I would advice anyone to go local chip shop or sainsburys to get food and drink because its cheaper and nicer. For example £2.20 for water in ground and in sainsburys you can get water for 60p.
Old 20-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 View Post
All the toilets in the main stand have been refurbished and all the seats replaced and the same with seats, toilets in the Arthur wait . Food outlets have all been re-branded and had new cooking equipment installed where possible (extraction , fore risk permitting) . New till system and stock taking.

We've taken back the catering, improved the quality of all the food and spent a lot more money on management.

The new tills have set us back a but and I'm not happy about the complaints about staff, lack of training etc

So to say we've spent nothing is wrong, significant sums have been spent, for me to say its working like I want it or its satisfactory is also incorrect.

Its hard for me to wander around the ground and see these things on matchday, I had two people out checking and they prepared a report for me and they will continue to look at things on matchday.

I do agree completely with many of the comments here and i'm frustrated because like you they seem obvious to me .

As a point of interest , the highest spend per head (by far) is in the Arthur which is the most cramped , lowest is in the Holmesdale that probably has the most space and best facilities .
To be honest I was only basing my comment on what people have said e.g. this thread about only 1 young girl working in one of the kiosks in the Whitehorse stand, when compared to the Main stand bars being more sufficiently serviced by staff, plus other examples (the logical answer would be to move staff around I guess).

There's no doubting it is a difficult thing trying to get this right and there will only be a finite result in extra income no matter how much you invest, but people aren't aware of the complexities of the situation and can only base their view on what they see or experience.

For my part I sit in the Upper Holmesdale and generally dont have many issues, although I think the leaking pipe in the toilet really does need sorting out. More importantly, I think people would put up with this sort of thing if they knew major redevelopment was definitely going to happen. When are we going to get some news on this, or even some news about why we cant get any news?
Old 20-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
Nailed, in one ^^^
Yep - understandably the discussion on this thread has broadened which is fair enough, but my initial gripe was mainly concerned with the near-meltdown of the service, not so much the price or the quality of what is on offer.
Old 20-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
only 1 young girl working in one of the kiosks in the Whitehorse stand
For the record she was the only one actually serving people, there were other people milling about and occasionally passing something to her to pass on to the punters.
Old 28-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Well what a massive turn around yesterday - thank you so much to CPFC2010 and the club who have listened and acted on the massive problems that were there.

Yesterday there was a separate drinks booth which took pressure off the queues for food and drinks at the two other booths.

But more importantly there was a line of at least 4 servers behind each counter calling out 'next please' and handing out the food really quick. And they were backed up by people behind them sorting stuff out quickly.

At half time the queues were never more than about 20 deep at the longest, and they had served everyone by the time the second half started to the point where I was able to grab an last minute request for a burger from my youngest straight away.

It would be nice to have Cronx back and the Carling could have still been a bit colder but it was a MASSIVE improvement.

Thanks, again. I hope they keep this up
Old 28-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 28-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Cronx in The Arthur please. Couple of 20l polypins would sell out easily.
Old 28-09-2014, 12:42 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
why is a broiled burger so bad?
Old 28-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hear hear huge improvement all round. Thanks for listening as usual.
Old 28-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Agreed. Much better. Well done all.
Old 28-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It always pays to highlight problems.
Old 28-09-2014, 01:58 PM
COYP!

in-exile has disabled reputation
My Hotdog in the AW top of the big stairs, was fine but we had to change my wife's Cheeseburger as it was from the hot box case and the bun looked like a Chamels wrinkled ball bag!!!!!!! And from the wife's reaction tasted as it looked, the second was a little better but she ate only half as too precooked like the first!
We are normally first in so get a fresher one, it is all good quality that I can see but too many precooked f....d burgers is wasting the good ingredients... There needs to be a time limit in the box then throw out and a limit to how many are stacked on top of the one you could get!
Old 28-09-2014, 02:25 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
Cronx in The Arthur please. Couple of 20l polypins would sell out easily.
Couldn't get ale in Arthur again. Please bring it back!!! Why did they stop stocking it??? Steve Browett can you help!! Can't stand warm Carling served in soft drink bottles
Old 28-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Mr B said before that the catering manager, Niño or Nico I believe, doesn't think it's viable. I say balls to that.
Old 28-09-2014, 02:42 PM
COYP!

Last game screw top on the water, yesterday £2.20 does not buy you the lid on the bottle of water? When was the last time a middle aged wife chucked a bottle on the pitch? Not really my wife's normal thing to do!!!!!!!:
Old 28-09-2014, 02:47 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Mr B said before that the catering manager, Niño or Nico I believe, doesn't think it's viable. I say balls to that.
You mean ale? Not viable?
Old 28-09-2014, 03:08 PM
COYP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
You mean ale? Not viable?
Then their job should be " Not Viable" !sometimes it should also be about making your punters happy,
Old 28-09-2014, 03:44 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
How on earth is it not viable lol.
Old 28-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Last game screw top on the water, yesterday £2.20 does not buy you the lid on the bottle of water? When was the last time a middle aged wife chucked a bottle on the pitch? Not really my wife's normal thing to do!!!!!!!:
I share your frustration about this, cos of those of us with kids have to encourage them to drink it quickly before they kick it over!

But the catering staff can't discriminate on the grounds of age and gender can they? It's a common rule at many events, not just footie.

I wonder if anyone has actually been hurt by a full plastic bottle? I can understand banning cans and obviously glass bottles, but plastic bottles don't seem that dangerous to me.
Old 28-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Just keep a bottle lid in your coat pocket, problem solved
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013