Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 15-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Banned by Moderators

edgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againedgarsglasses77 lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
I'd like to know why edgar hasn't been given a role as warnock backroom staff. Other than that I think maybe it's the best the board keep their heads down continue to do the job they have been doing and support Neil in january window to a certain point. I think the time for revealing a 5 year plan if we have to have one their a bit clichéd for me is when we have the long term appointment in the summer. For me the boards vision and the new managers vision have to marry, that was the problem with pulis.
Old 15-09-2014, 11:57 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Wow.

The sense of entitlement just gets bigger!
This

People have ridiculous expectations these days. The fact fans expectations were pretty much 19th or above last season would be an achievement probably worked in our favour and everyone was behind he team. We don't really have that twelfth man anyone.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
has the bbs always been this shit or is it a recent thing?
Old 16-09-2014, 12:06 AM

plectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietplectrum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I think we've always been a bit like them, but it seems to be getting worse. I can only hope that the OP is an away fan on a windup. This would not surprise me considering some of the "poppycock" on "stilts" he posts.
No im not on a windup - I just want to know what the **** is going on.

Just because one director likes to chat on the board and the other likes to get on Sky doesn't mean any of us know anything about what's going on.

As for those saying we are stable - we've lost 3 managers in 3 years and if this start to the season goes like last it'll be a 4th by November.

So happy dreaming but there's been a monumental **** up over the summer at CPFC and having Zaha back whilst nice is a luxury that just wasn't necessary nor essential.

If Pulis had been a player he would have been worth £30m and we lost him for nowt.

Benteke will never start scoring regularly again and Wickham wont play and perform at top level again.

(living in hope!)

**** it whilst we are at it; we wont qualify for Europe this season 18/19
Old 16-09-2014, 12:06 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It wouldn't be Palace if everything ran smoothly in the way everyone expected!

Another chapter of our history but there is a lot to be positive about and we have a far better squad than at this time last year.

Let's get behind the team and stick together we are better when everyone is writing us off.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:10 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsensibleLiam View Post
has the bbs always been this shit or is it a recent thing?
You have been here since 2007 stop being unsensibleLiam..
Old 16-09-2014, 12:11 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
The real skill of the OP is that it would have taken some considered thought to construct, but when you read it you would think no thought had gone into it at all.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:15 AM

aquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaquickgame2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dunno why I support this club,the fckin chairman aint tellin us fck all,I for one aint avin it.

I want them 4, 2 bob geezers who put a few pennies in to keep this club going,to come on ere and ave it out,tell us what they intend to do.

I mean its right innit,we gotta know these things,like what they all had for grub tonight,who cooked it,do they do the washing up.When they ave a row with the old girl indoors do they take it out on the manager,bet that SP is a right one.

Better idea is they run the club as they see fit,cos my 400 nicker a year for a season ticket isn't really going to change much in how they run things and if we got the drop,I will still be supporting the team,home and away.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
'plectrum' is a silly plucker.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Official Sponsor - oh :(

Barbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is hereBarbara4003 Sam the man is here
The Board are Palace fans. They aren't going to do anything to jeopardise the Club.

I don't feel we, as fans, are owed any explanations as to what goes on in the Boardroom. I think we should trust their judgement and actions and do what us fans should do - back them and the team.

Oh, and we'll finish 12th this year.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Would be nice to know how many, if any, non disclosure thingies have been issued in the last few years tho.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 16-09-2014, 12:29 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum View Post
Over the last few seasons we've had success but:

Freedman and team left whilst being in the early running for the title

Holloway got to November totally bald and just never looked fully supported in the transfer market

Pulis scarpered and two weeks on still hasnt suddenly signed for another team and is very complimentary about the players, the team, the opportunity, the experience and the fans.

Also in all 3 occasions a frustration with Parish (as opposed to the board) has been mooted. It may well be that in all three the frustration whilst there is unjustified and blinkered but...

Even the positive fan must feel frustrated by this ongoing instability and uncertainty at the club and considering how difficult it is to get to the PL, after one year many feel we've put ourselves in an incredibly difficult position.

The questions as to why why why will go on around and around the stands, pubs and boards probably for this season and the next.

So do we as the fans, the lifeblood of the club deserve the board to give us a clear and honest statement on what has caused the most recent set back?

Would the 4 owners wish for similar questions to be asked if they were just simple fans rather than owners.

If none of this is possible, one thing I would like to know is what Steve Parish's Five Year Plan is because in his head we are playing in Europe 2017/18 or 2018/19 (depending on interpretation) and surely it wasn't a flippant statement he made on Sky but one from the mind of a self made multi millionaire and club owner.

So.... at least, spell out your plans for us Steve and help us to dream a bit because christ we need it at the mo!
Its at times like this I really wish there was a penis on a horse smiley........
Old 16-09-2014, 12:30 AM

Syph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thank god for the OP. I was beginning to worry that the BBS didn't have enough threads where entitled fans can needlessly take a swipe at the Board - ideally making sure that it is a thinly veiled dig at Steve Parish.

For shame.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:34 AM
A Different Gravy

cooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcooperman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst I share some of your current frustrations, you seriously don't expect to have detailed insight into private matters going on at board level unless you are prepared to invest in a directorship.....do you ?

In an (almost serious attempt) to answer the original post:

The owners happen to be life long fans and part of that "pleasure" is debating all things palace with other fans, I should imagine it's very hard to develop a board room detachment to something so important in their lives, there is an argument (one I don't subscribe to or would want to see) that the owners should stop posting on this an similar sites, following the adage that now you're the boss you can't go out with the staff for Friday night drinks anymore - I actually think they have handled it pretty well in the main, despite sometimes in the face of repetitive, knee jerk (although understandable) petulance from fans venting their spleen - rather then shouting at the chairman in the directors box, you can abuse him online....how convenient ! Remember he went online the night he sacked burley - this is probably a unique relationship in football most certainly in the premier league - let's not break it by asking silly questions
Old 16-09-2014, 12:37 AM

NickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is hereNickinOx Sam the man is here
Quote:
No im not on a windup - I just want to know what the **** is going on.

Just because one director likes to chat on the board and the other likes to get on Sky doesn't mean any of us know anything about what's going on.

As for those saying we are stable - we've lost 3 managers in 3 years and if this start to the season goes like last it'll be a 4th by November.

So happy dreaming but there's been a monumental **** up over the summer at CPFC and having Zaha back whilst nice is a luxury that just wasn't necessary nor essential.

If Pulis had been a player he would have been worth £30m and we lost him for nowt.
A. No one said we do know what's going on. However, the board have been far more open with the fans than the boards of most other clubs. I'll take that.

B. We are financially stable, and have had two managers go for circumstances beyond our control as to what happened with TP, I have no idea. That's still a far better record than many clubs, but by no means great. As for Warnock being gone before November: I'll wait and see, but I think you are talking bollox.

C. What was the monumental **** up? The club brought in several good players, and signed a few more to new deals. On the whole, the club did good business. Could it have been better, sure. But given what I just watched of Hull, WH, and QPR, we could have spent much more and not looked any better. At least we're not mortgaging our future like half of the other clubs.

D. That's just bizarre logic. He is not a player, and he was never worth 30m. Further, I've not seen many managers get transferred for such sums. Am I missing something?

None of us know why he left, but I suspect (note that word) TP did not feel he could repeat the fantastic job of last year on a limited budget. If what I suspect is correct I can understand it, but I do not want the board to throw money at any manager. I am far more interested in the long term future of the club. Given what TP was allowed to spend at Stoke, without improving the team very much i might add, I am comfortable with the idea that CPFC might have given him a limited budget (although none of us know how much really was available).
Old 16-09-2014, 12:39 AM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Over the last few seasons we've had success but:

Freedman and team left whilst being in the early running for the title

Holloway got to November totally bald and just never looked fully supported in the transfer market

Pulis scarpered and two weeks on still hasnt suddenly signed for another team and is very complimentary about the players, the team, the opportunity, the experience and the fans.

Also in all 3 occasions a frustration with Parish (as opposed to the board) has been mooted. It may well be that in all three the frustration whilst there is unjustified and blinkered but...

Even the positive fan must feel frustrated by this ongoing instability and uncertainty at the club and considering how difficult it is to get to the PL, after one year many feel we've put ourselves in an incredibly difficult position.

The questions as to why why why will go on around and around the stands, pubs and boards probably for this season and the next.

So do we as the fans, the lifeblood of the club deserve the board to give us a clear and honest statement on what has caused the most recent set back?

Would the 4 owners wish for similar questions to be asked if they were just simple fans rather than owners.

If none of this is possible, one thing I would like to know is what Steve Parish's Five Year Plan is because in his head we are playing in Europe 2017/18 or 2018/19 (depending on interpretation) and surely it wasn't a flippant statement he made on Sky but one from the mind of a self made multi millionaire and club owner.

So.... at least, spell out your plans for us Steve and help us to dream a bit because christ we need it at the mo!
What do you think Newcastle fans would do right now to have as much interaction with the owners as we have?

What do you think Cardiff fans would do to have four season ticket holders in charge of their club?

I could go on but frankly it's late and I can't be bothered. My fear is that it's clowns like you who will drive away the likes of CPFC2010 and force them to sell us to someone like Vincent Tan or Mike Ashley.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:49 AM
White Car

TrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrevorWel came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I just want to cry
Old 16-09-2014, 12:54 AM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
I take it this thread is a joke. The amount of info we get from our owners is huge compared to most other Prem clubs. Some Prem owners hardly ever give interviews or speak to the fans, e.g. Chelsea, Newcastle, the Glazers at Man U, Silent Stan at Arsenal. And then you get the opposite where some talk too much like Tan at Cardiff.
There are valid commercial & legal reasons why only so much info can be provided on certain subjects, especially staff departures.

Last edited by Gazza2; 16-09-2014 at 12:57 AM.
Old 16-09-2014, 01:01 AM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
And as Talk sport pointed out this week, the Ipswich owner is so reclusive that most staff have never met him and most of their fans have never even seen a photo of him.
Old 16-09-2014, 01:08 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
most of their fans have never even seen a photo of him.
lol
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]