Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-09-2014, 08:38 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethetie2010 View Post
put your hand in your pocket write a cheque for about £10-20 million send it to cpfc2010 and then you can have all the entitlement to information you like at the next board meeting. Till then ......
Must spread rep etc.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Registered abuser

HorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
There is always one. Worrying that crap like this from fans may tip cpfc2010 over the edge. Thankfully the OP is in a tiny minority. Hope the guys carry on with the good job they are doing.
Old 16-09-2014, 08:58 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum View Post
Over the last few seasons we've had success but:

Freedman and team left whilst being in the early running for the title

Holloway got to November totally bald and just never looked fully supported in the transfer market

Pulis scarpered and two weeks on still hasnt suddenly signed for another team and is very complimentary about the players, the team, the opportunity, the experience and the fans.

Also in all 3 occasions a frustration with Parish (as opposed to the board) has been mooted. It may well be that in all three the frustration whilst there is unjustified and blinkered but...

Even the positive fan must feel frustrated by this ongoing instability and uncertainty at the club and considering how difficult it is to get to the PL, after one year many feel we've put ourselves in an incredibly difficult position.

The questions as to why why why will go on around and around the stands, pubs and boards probably for this season and the next.

So do we as the fans, the lifeblood of the club deserve the board to give us a clear and honest statement on what has caused the most recent set back?

Would the 4 owners wish for similar questions to be asked if they were just simple fans rather than owners.

If none of this is possible, one thing I would like to know is what Steve Parish's Five Year Plan is because in his head we are playing in Europe 2017/18 or 2018/19 (depending on interpretation) and surely it wasn't a flippant statement he made on Sky but one from the mind of a self made multi millionaire and club owner.

So.... at least, spell out your plans for us Steve and help us to dream a bit because christ we need it at the mo!

Latest news off of the pitch....

SP is getting his hair trimmed and coloured
ML is taking his dog for a walk
SB is getting one of his vans serviced
NW is having his eyebrows braided.

Last edited by dowieslovechild; 16-09-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 16-09-2014, 09:01 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have been a supporter since 1995, can't remember a time better than this? Give Warnock time to sort it out, he has only had two games and not lost either!
Old 16-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Is this thread for real? Of course the OP is right. The board should come on here and publish the minutes of all board meetings, submit all financial details on here for discussion, tell us all personnel matters such as wages, contracts and budgets plus tell us the inside details of our strategy and tell us how we intend to play against other teams. I don't believe that other team scouts or any journalists would read it. I also think that we should look for every opportunity to criticise the board, automatically assume that if a manager leaves it is the board's fault and furthermore the board should get in an arms race with the billionaire owners of QPR by biding more than £8m for Caulker. No thanks or credit should be given for taking the club from Gresham St to the PL in 3 seasons. Signed, Mr Entitlement.
This.

OP should be euthanised.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 16-09-2014, 09:05 AM

The Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Duke : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So pleased that 95% of posters on this thread are reasonable minded people. Hopefully that reflaects our fanbase as a whole. Its been easy to think otherwise after some of the hysterical posting on here over the past few weeks.

Check out my beer reviews @GladAllOver1905
Old 16-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
This.

OP should be euthanised.
Sedated maybe, euthanised does seem a tad harsh.
Old 16-09-2014, 09:11 AM

APR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAPR2 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
Sedated maybe, euthanised does seem a tad harsh.
It is quite a tough stance, but to be honest the way the moaners have been behaving lately I fully understand why a guillotine might be a good solution!! (Oh, and I know all about the right to have an opinion blah blah blah...)
Old 16-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
This is the thread where 99% of people are in agreement. Lovely stuff.

What a stupid, stupid thread.
Old 16-09-2014, 09:21 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Here is the solution.

During half time at home games, SP gets to pick his 'BBS Moaner Of The Week'

The machinery looks very expensive, but we have stacks of cash, so for accounting purposes, we could write it down as a ground improvement.

Set it up in the centre circle and we could have 'The Kid' (that nickname now sounds so inappropriate) as compere.

Old 16-09-2014, 09:23 AM
A Bit Ranty Today!

Scroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScroatey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I foresee a TV series in the future: "Mike Ashley: A Warning From History" - we've got it good here in SE25!
Old 16-09-2014, 09:36 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
There is no need for a statement. Everyone is entitled to form their own opinions from the outside. I know I watched goals on sunday and wanted desperately for the last few weeks to have been a bad dream. What a manager for us Pulis turned out to be!! What an attention to detail and what an understanding of setting up a team and stopping other team.

I also suspect Parish is probably quite irritating to work for at times. He's a bit too much the south london salesman for my liking. However so far his performance in terms of results have justified his approach. I don't personally doubt his intentions. Although I do suspect he has no intention of dipping into his pocket again and that shows when it comes to buying players. Fair enough, the club can run for many years to come on two seasons of premier league money even if we do get relegated and spend the next 20 years in the championship. They took the chance 4 years ago and they are fortunate enough to have that choice to make.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Jubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJubrique Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No im not on a windup - I just want to know what the **** is going on.

Just because one director likes to chat on the board and the other likes to get on Sky doesn't mean any of us know anything about what's going on.

As for those saying we are stable - we've lost 3 managers in 3 years and if this start to the season goes like last it'll be a 4th by November.

So happy dreaming but there's been a monumental **** up over the summer at CPFC and having Zaha back whilst nice is a luxury that just wasn't necessary nor essential.

If Pulis had been a player he would have been worth £30m and we lost him for nowt.
You really are a self important little dickhead ..... so you have supported the club for 27 years good for you I have supported them for 45+ if you want to get into 'willy' waving and I dont think the board needs to explain anything to me at all.

Your comment about a new manager by Novenmber get a grip so far NW is unbeaten in TWO game FFS

I am begining to wish Holloway had stayed and we had got relegated then at least you would have someting to be upset about
Old 16-09-2014, 10:01 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Had this conversation with my son last night, lets be clear when I first started supporting Palace we got to the 2nd Division for the first time in 40 years it was unbelievable then. To even think we would stay there and go on to the First Division was a dream said then that we would stay there but for 4 seasons in the top two divisions and most fans would of laughed. When we came back from the third division in the late 70's to think we would never see it again in the next what 36 years despite everything. Be one of 11 clubs that can that yes 11 clubs only have not been lower than the Championship and we are one of those. No we have not stormed the top division but in all honesty you want to support a club that does you chose wrongly the day you walked into Selhurst and if that was pre the 90's the ground shoud have given you the clue it was rubbish.
I have stressed through two administrations seen the club go to the wire and pull back from the brink. 4 years ago I really thought we might lose her and cared only that we had a team to hand on to future generations whatever division we were in be it the Conference.
The following 4 years are the stuff of dreams promotion survival the Premiership. The thing that does now get to me are the fans that feel the board are duty bound to keep their favourite manager player tea lady, accomodate whatever they want them to do. The board has one duty ensure the future of the club, if that means we dont hock the future with signings in the transfer windows so be it, if it means relegation upset yes but so be it. If it means we are protected from the influence of some foriegn businessman out to make money so be it.
It seems to me that 15000 fans four seasons ago have been added to by another 9000 who care little of the history just want the glory.

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 16-09-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Another Universe

unsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineunsensibleLiam : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
You have been here since 2007 stop being unsensibleLiam..
I meant more in terms of have I been blind to it being shit for the past 7 years or has it been shit only recently. hard to tell
Old 16-09-2014, 10:21 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
I would say that our Club is one of the most transparent in the country
Old 16-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is herecrystaljim Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
. I can only hope that the OP is an away fan on a windup. This would not surprise me considering some of the "poppycock" on "stilts" he posts.
There's a few people that post similar stuff that have me thinking "Are you Brighton in disguise?"
Old 16-09-2014, 10:45 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think pretty much all Palace fans are still feeling shit - we've gone from one of the most admired clubs back to a small fry bit of a joke within 3 weeks so yup with 27 yrs support, little bit of entitlement.

At present we know **** all about:

a) why Pulis walked
b) how the **** we are going to survive
c) based on b) how the **** we are going to be in Europe by 2018
d) New ground, no new ground, renovated Selhurst, no renovated Selhurst

So whilst its nice that Stevie B comes on here and chats that's very different to as a fan actually understanding a little bit more about what the **** is going on.
Ludicrous exaggeration.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Plectrum rhymes with rectum.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Old 16-09-2014, 10:49 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
I have been a supporter since 1995, can't remember a time better than this? Give Warnock time to sort it out, he has only had two games and not lost either!
Yes precisely. Warnock has been here two games and we have two draws. The game at Newcastle was exhilarating so please give him a chance before the boot boys stick the knife in.