Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-09-2014, 10:51 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by plectrum View Post
I think pretty much all Palace fans are still feeling shit - we've gone from one of the most admired clubs back to a small fry bit of a joke within 3 weeks so yup with 27 yrs support, little bit of entitlement.

At present we know **** all about:

a) why Pulis walked
b) how the **** we are going to survive
c) based on b) how the **** we are going to be in Europe by 2018
d) New ground, no new ground, renovated Selhurst, no renovated Selhurst

So whilst its nice that Stevie B comes on here and chats that's very different to as a fan actually understanding a little bit more about what the **** is going on.
Oh dear GG, no response?
Old 16-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Actually, I would like to hear a bit more about the strategy/thoughts for the longer term development of the ground, without wishing to tip our hand. I think that is fairly reasonable?

The rest of the stuff - contracts etc. is the usual football bollox that all clubs go through and I struggle to see how any club could be transparent about it.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:00 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think pretty much all Palace fans are still feeling shit - we've gone from one of the most admired clubs back to a small fry bit of a joke within 3 weeks so yup with 27 yrs support, little bit of entitlement.

a) why Pulis walked

So whilst its nice that Stevie B comes on here and chats that's very different to as a fan actually understanding a little bit more about what the **** is going on.
I am lost for words, I hate to break this to you but the directors really dont have to justify every action to us the supporter. We have been spoilt with the info they have shared with us in the past, but please lets have some grip on reality here.
Pulis walked because he was upset either by the lack of funds for HIS transfer targets or because he tried to push Parish and it backed fired, we dont know but its done so lets move on.
We have a decent squad, I dont believe Warnock is the right man to keep us up, but he is a decent honest man who will do his very best. If it doesnt work, then so be it, we will be in the Championship again, so what??
Europe ??? What the hell are you going on about.
If moving from Selhurst was that simple we would have done it by now. I like Selhurst, its ours. Yes it needs work and I dont know if you ahve noticed but each season CPFC2010 are making improvements, dont forget it is very hard to do major works during a season.
So please lets get over ourselves and stop moaning.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:02 AM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
No im not on a windup - I just want to know what the **** is going on.

What do you mean 'what's going on'..?? We're a football club, we kick a ball about and try and score more goals than the opposition.

We're in the top division, out of the relegation zone and unbeaten in two games.

And.... erm... yeah that's about it! Cheer the fook up will you.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I think the frustration comes from the level of expectation. Not that we should be spending gazillions, but that we thought that this year would be about consolidating our Premier League status, rather than scrapping for 17th. The sound bites from SP / the club did little to rein in those thoughts.

No doubt this was a dilemma for the board. Parish was rather bullish early on in the window, which increased those expectations further. We were linked with some players that matched those thoughts of higher ambitions, which ultimately failed to produce anything. We don't know why, but the logical conclusion is that they were offered more money, didn't see us as a club that matched their level of ambition - or simply circumstances resulted in them going elsewhere (Sigurdsson, for example).

You can understand why some fans are unhappy. I would suggest Pulis probably thought we'd push on as well - and his desertion was not wholly unrelated to our transfer activity (or lack of). On the whole, I'm not overly fussed. We've made our bed, so to speak.... The world keeps turning.

My only real annoyance is the failure to get a decent striker in the 3 windows we've had since promotion. If there's one thing that can make the difference in this division it's a clinical forward. Otherwise, **** it. We go down, so what? There was a point where we could have pushed on - that's gone now. We seem to be back to being largely ignored / sneered at... as opposed to "plucky Crystal Pulis with the amazing fans". Would be nice to beat the odds again, but I don't think we have a good enough squad to survive, or a manager that can get the same level performance out of them (especially defensively) as the last.

Bit of a shame, really. I feel as "meh" about this season as I think I ever have. Last season was special, but I think that was our ceiling. When we can't compete with with the likes of Hull, it's clear that our (current) level is as a Championship club - anything better comes as a bonus.

We've had a far more interesting last 20 years than most... Should be thankful for that I guess. Who'd want to swap with Brighton?
Old 16-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Meant to edit some of that out but accidentally hit reply button on the iPhone. CBA to change it now.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:12 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza2 View Post
And as Talk sport pointed out this week, the Ipswich owner is so reclusive that most staff have never met him and most of their fans have never even seen a photo of him.
Well then they have a lot to thank Palace for!

To view the link you have to Register or Login

He sat in front of Edgar Davids and got snapped at Selhurst Park a few years ago - here he is.

Next stop for Ipswich fans, his address and phone number?
Old 16-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It's not great that we seem to have a relatively high turnover of managers, and I suspect some of this is to do with the owners trying to run the club as a self financing entity as much as possible. The issue, imo, is not with our owners, but the sickness in football generally where obscenely large sums of money are thrown about with apparent impunity.

Whatever though, we don't have a right to know the details of these issues. Apart from anything else there are potentially privacy concerns.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:27 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Noades out.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:27 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post

^ The day before we appointed him.
I try to forget how obscene shorts were in those days
Old 16-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Queue OP asking a mod to delete his account in 5 4 3 2....
Old 16-09-2014, 11:32 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

a) why Pulis walked

Over the year your posts have all shown your frustration at the club. You're one of the few who constantly batter the board. Do you have personal issues that you're not facing and you're using your Palace fandom to vent your spleen?

You strike me as someone who has been about a long time but seems to have forgotton the roots of Palace. Take a quick revisit of our history - I found a quick look at Tony Collins on the oldest Palace player thread very interesting. Remember that 2010 was a year of concern but since then things have got better and better and better and better. We've just achieved something never achieved before in our history (in the PL).

Look at the bigger picture. All of the personnel come and go, you must have seen over time and we'll probably see Terry Byfield disappear at some point before 2050, but Palace will still grow over that time. The fact that managers/players etc come and go is just a part of the history and recent history shows we're on an upward curve.

So don't worry yourself about all the things going on at the Palace that you have no control over. You sound as if you're making yourself ill. Do a Stinky and take time off the boards and go and do something more useful and enjoyable as the way you've phrased your posts, you must be getting no enjoyment from this and you must see that you'll not get the end result you want (unless of course it's just to constantly whine). Constructively raise an issue if you like but don't keep banging on about it or you'll probably end up the same way as Danny Boy.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:35 AM

ForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForzaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I thought Steve B would have a deeper voice.

Off topic but just my thoughts in general.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:46 AM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
The original Crystal Palace was very transparent
Close down this thread. Art Malice has won.
Old 16-09-2014, 11:48 AM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJN View Post
I have been a supporter since 1995, can't remember a time better than this? Give Warnock time to sort it out, he has only had two games and not lost either!
Bloody JCLs. What were you doing for the first 11 years so your life? Most of us on here have had to support Palace since first born.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:02 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has the board issued a statement in response to Plectrums questions yet? If not why not? its a disgrace.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
We're morphing in to Spurs fans.
The whole entitlement thing is depressing. I'll almost be relieved if we get relegated, as it was nicer back when we were struggling.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
If Pulis had been a player he would have been worth £30m and we lost him for nowt.
This

I watched Goals on Sunday and it left me very confused

They had a meal on the Thursday night, Parish paid, then they went their separate ways, yet Parish was supposedly surprised Pulis left, not a little odd?

I do think we as fans deserve more from one of those two parties as to what has actually happened, and no I am not talking minutes of meetings

Pulis was worth more to this club than any of the playing staff and he walked away for nothing, no explanation, just gone

Surely that is a little odd?
Old 16-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Thing is, Parish could come out and give the full story, and some people would still not believe it. Likewise with Pulis.
Old 16-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Really?

At the moment we have pure guesswork.

From Sundays interview Pulis was very complimentary about all at Palace from the board, inc Parish, right down to the fans

Parish has been pretty vague and surprised about the turn of events

Fans, we are left to guess and think what might have been