Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Nominate your man of the match
Speroni 17 2.72%
Ward 1 0.16%
Kelly 12 1.92%
Dann 27 4.32%
Delaney 18 2.88%
Jedinak 42 6.72%
Ledley 41 6.56%
Puncheon 38 6.08%
McArthur* 22 3.52%
Bolasie** 401 64.16%
Campbell*** 1 0.16%
*Guédioura - 84' 3 0.48%
**Fryers - 87' 1 0.16%
***Doyle - 86' 1 0.16%
Voters: 625. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-09-2014, 10:19 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Up front. No brainer.
Yep.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:21 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I think Ledley is key. Never does anything stupid,
Always steady.
Ledley is massive for us. Doesn't do anything spectacular, but everything he does do, he does with composure, quality and intelligence. He does the break up play as effectively as Jedi, but unlike Jedi, has a creative brain to get attacks going in the right direction.

For me, he is one of our most important players, so much so, that i believe had he not missed our last 3 league games, we would've had more points.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:22 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle View Post
When Bolasie simplifies his game and plays direct he is unstoppable
Never simplify your game. Skills pay the bills
Old 21-09-2014, 10:23 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Think most players has pretty good games.

Bolasie gets MotM for taking a shot without trying to hit the leather off the ball.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:24 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I keep close the memory of Bristol City fans writing us off and laughing at us for signing their worst ever player for £150,000...

Delighted for Yannick
This.

If ever a player sums up CPFC it is Yannick Bolasie.

So pleased to see him get his first prem goal
Old 21-09-2014, 10:28 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
This.

If ever a player sums up CPFC it is Yannick Bolasie.

So pleased to see him get his first prem goal
It was a beautiful moment. Ta, Yannick.

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Ledley is massive for us. Doesn't do anything spectacular, but everything he does do, he does with composure, quality and intelligence. He does the break up play as effectively as Jedi, but unlike Jedi, has a creative brain to get attacks going in the right direction.

For me, he is one of our most important players, so much so, that i believe had he not missed our last 3 league games, we would've had more points.
Completely agree
Banned by Moderators

Eastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
After hearing the west brom a Leicester scored I was properly down few hours later....and on top of the world...supporting palace is just the best thing in the world on days like today....10 out of 10...,all of em..
Old 21-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Since 1905

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
?

Last edited by charltonhater; 22-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

Eastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEastsussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Joe Ledley and jimmy mac..,.,fuking hell what an upgrade on garven and k.g....
Old 21-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Tired

Man of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMan of Kent : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We went one down and I text a mate saying this is going to be one hard season - everyone else had bloody won.

The football - Eff me!!
Love Palace on nights like this - especially as it's at the expense of the media darling that is Martinez. Soft penalty, maybe, hard team, big win. 3 pts.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is hereEagle's Away Sam the man is here
Just wanted to add that I am pleased Guédioura was played today by Warnock. I have always felt that he has the ability to play at this level but for various reasons never had the opportunities before and was a bit of a forgotten man. I am delighted Warnock feels he deserves a place in the squad. He was previously known for his net busting shooting ability and if he gets going, could provide us very important goals from midfield.
Old 21-09-2014, 10:43 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Second half Bolasie was a beast. Can't believe so many were saying he shouldn't start and were calling for him to be subbed throughout. His goal was an incredible move and hopefully he'll build on this and find his scoring boots.

I also hope that today inspires some faith in the team, some faith in the manager and some faith in the board. Yes it's been a tough start but we can do this. Again!

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 21-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhynoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loads of class performances out there, pretty much everyone put a quality shift in. Happy that Campbell got his goal but he's got to try a bit harder for me, today was one of his better displays but I thought we had signed a hard working striker.. Looks a lazy one to me.

Doyle looked very composed when he came on, kept the ball and slowed the game down, maybe would prefer him up top to Campbell for a game like that (If we don't have Chamakh).

Back four and Jules were fantastic. Is Scott Dann one of the best centre backs we've had in the past 15 years?

Loved that midfield trio, none of them are flashy players but just give us that sense of security and consistency.

Bolasie and Puncheon were class, Puncheon really is a key player for the team, works his bollocks off up and down the pitch. Bolasie motm, love him when he's in that mood cuts out the fancy stuff and just runs at his man and HE SCORED A BLOODY GOAL!

I was really pessimistic when we went 1-0 and thought we were going to get hammered, but we dug in and played brilliantly from then on. Still a long way to go but we have a winnable match at home vs Leicester next week and a good chance to continue our unbeaten start under Warnock. Where are the haters now?
Old 21-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
I also hope that today inspires some faith in the team, some faith in the manager and some faith in the board. Yes it's been a tough start but we can do this. Again!
Amen to that. There is more to Palace than just the manager.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 21-09-2014, 10:59 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping Giant View Post
Random thoughts:

Great team effort so I'm marking all right up there with Bolasie standing out.
Tony who?
Monkey off the back
Well done Campbell I loved your goal. Proper centre forward goal, nout odd.
Showed people doubting NW what he can do. Only been here five minutes. Hardly time to breath, injury to possibly best player and Zaha not fit too. Also the International break with players away. Still 5 points from 3 though . Picks Bolasie to start when he has been totally abject all season and gets this performance (with Zaha breathing down his neck). Great management. Ship steadied.
We still don't look as solid as we did last term, hope Ward can get back to right back and I am still in anguish over the target man situation but you 've got to hand it to SP for getting us to this point even, given what has gone on.
Spot on
Old 21-09-2014, 11:07 PM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I keep close the memory of Bristol City fans writing us off and laughing at us for signing their worst ever player for £150,000...

Delighted for Yannick
Bristol are bound to have a sell on clause. One of the reasons I hope we never sell him/
Old 21-09-2014, 11:10 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When was the last time we had a midfield trio as balanced and brilliant as:
---------Jedi------
Mcarthur----Ledley

Lets be silly and compare it too carlo ancelottis decima winning
------Alonso-------
Di maria--Modric
Old 21-09-2014, 11:13 PM
more senior than you

orpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietorpingtoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
massive win for us, just to get the wagon rolling.

First 20 mins was like watching us under Holloway when we were first up last season.......defending deep, nervous and offering nothing in attack, their goal was no surprise and could have been further behind. As someone else said ...everton started knocking it around like a training game and we got lucky with the penalty due to their lack of concentration, that changed the game.....we got belief and I thought they looked ragged for long parts of the second half.

The defensive display was more like under Pulis.......Delaney immense...Jedi much better than vs Burnley and welcome back Joe lLedley
Old 21-09-2014, 11:23 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
I was one of the only people to say that Bolasie must start for what he did to Everton last season. So pleased for him. People were writing him off........