Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-09-2014, 02:48 AM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Leicester City (Home)

..................Speroni

Ward......Dann......Delaney...... Kelly

..................Jedinak

..........Ledley............MacArthur

..Puncheon...........................Bolasie

...................Chamakh

Subs:
Mariappa
Hennessey
Bannan
Fryers
Zaha
Gayle
Doyle

If healthy, Chamakh has to play. He is simply our best player. Although he flourished when he was brought back into the hole last season, after the display our 3 midfielders put forth today, and the chemistry between them, I would be very hesitant to break that up against an underrated Leicester side. Chamakh will be able to hold up play and provide height and work ethic up front. Gayle and Zaha on the bench for the final third would be brilliant depth.
Old 22-09-2014, 03:11 AM

Flat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFlat Noodle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I like that lineup, provided that Cham is back to his full fitness.

Noticed that you don't even include Campbell in the subs, I doubt Colin wil do that. Most likely he'll start with the same 11 again and maybe Cham instead of Doyle.
Old 22-09-2014, 03:23 AM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Noodle View Post
I like that lineup, provided that Cham is back to his full fitness.

Noticed that you don't even include Campbell in the subs, I doubt Colin wil do that. Most likely he'll start with the same 11 again and maybe Cham instead of Doyle.
That was an oversight. With that said, I am not sure what he brings off the bench that Doyle Zaha or Gayle doesn't.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:16 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-09-2014, 08:18 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
You cant drop Puncheon, he's been our player of the season so far.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 22-09-2014, 08:46 AM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post

I want us to attack Leicester. I want to see Bolasie and Zaha put there heads on and run at the Leicester full backs. With Puncheon playing he doesn't have the same attacking prowess as those two.

Obviously if he plays then it wouldn't bother me, I just know we are going to play against Leicester the same way we would play against Arsenal or Liverpool.

We need to try something different against teams that will be around us at the end of the season.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:48 AM

Eaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betray
I appreciate he hasn't been playing his natural position but feel Ward Needs to improve or he could find himself on the bench if Fryers impresses when given the chance. Not in form at all.

Puncheon can't be dropped, was arguably my MOM yesterday and is always a threat.

Cham has to play if fit and I like the idea of putting him back up front now we have those 3 very solid midfielders (although they had a poor opening 20 mins yesterday and let Everton constantly play through them)
Old 22-09-2014, 08:54 AM
1st to Join the BBS

palacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalacenut : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl.eldridge View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yes Seems about right to me.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:54 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Puncheon playing he doesn't have the same attacking prowess as those two.
How many goals has Puncheon scored again for us? he is our best attacking winger in terms of end product.

One day Puncheon will leave and alot of palace fans will only then realise how much he offers.

The only question for me is who starts upfront, to be honest I cant decide.

Old 22-09-2014, 08:55 AM

It's nice to have choices. Ha.
Old 22-09-2014, 08:56 AM

Eaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betrayEaglez is like ice, their footing does betray
I would imagine campbell or chamakh or both. Gayle will play on Wednesday. Actually I'm thinking we'll have a half decent team out with zaha and gayle both starting. I would imagine Doyle too.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:08 AM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
With Puncheon playing he doesn't have the same attacking prowess as those two.
Our top scorer last season!
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 22-09-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonin2000 View Post
Our top scorer last season!

I thought that was Gayle? Okay maybe I should have said, he doesn't strike fear into defenders the same way Zaha and Bolasie does.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:17 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
right now the 3 midfield players pick themselves at the moment as does Puncheon. He might not strike as much fear but he's the one with the consistent end product.

I'd start with the same team as yesterday with Chamakh up front in place of Campbell. I don't mind Campbell but I wouldn't have him on the bench. We saw how useful Doyle could be in the closing minutes and Gayle is more likely to grab a goal.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:20 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Chamakh up top with Bolasie and Zaha will be the way forward. Going to need their pace. Worry Chamakh won't have the influence up front that he has in the hole, but he can always drop back and bring Gayley on if we need a goal in 2nd half. Gayle surely knows by now that if he doesn't score he doesn't start the next game. Bar is set high for him!

Subs:

Hennessey
Fryers
Mariappa
Puncheon
Gayle
Doyle
AJ
Old 22-09-2014, 09:21 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am afraid a lot of people would drop Puncheon to accomodate Wilf. For me, he needs to earn his place in the starting line up. At the moment though Punch starts.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:26 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
How many goals has Puncheon scored again for us? he is our best attacking winger in terms of end product.

One day Puncheon will leave and alot of palace fans will only then realise how much he offers.

The only question for me is who starts upfront, to be honest I cant decide.
Let me know when he wins England caps and secures a £15m move to Man Utd. I like Puncheon. Is working hard since Holloway left, so I've reversed my initial opinion of him. He's also technically the 2nd best player we have, and he scored crucial goals last season. But that doesn't make him a better player than Wilf. And with Bolasie MOM in last game + scoring a goal with a composed finish there's only one place up for grabs.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:35 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Let me know when he wins England caps and secures a £15m move to Man Utd. I like Puncheon. Is working hard since Holloway left, so I've reversed my initial opinion of him. He's also technically the 2nd best player we have, and he scored crucial goals last season. But that doesn't make him a better player than Wilf. And with Bolasie MOM in last game + scoring a goal with a composed finish there's only one place up for grabs.
Players are picked on merit and right now Puncheon and Bolasie have their places.

Let's remember Puncheon has delivered consistently got nearly a year now in the Prem. From Wilf we've had one amazing 20 minute cameo and a subdued performance against Burnley.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:39 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
No surprise you would take this view, but Wilf is currently nowhere near the England squad and didn't get a sniff at Moan U whether that was fair or not. Punch is ahead of him at the moment. For my money, Bolasie needs to maintain the kind of performance he put in yesterday or he will be the unlucky one, not Puncheon.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
No offense but I couldnt give a monkeys whether a play was bought for 50p or £50m,

Puncheon is technically imo our best player, he is also a goal threat, personally I think he is better than Chamakh but I know others wont agree, he also tracks back where Bolasie doesnt.

I actually think once up to speed Zaha and Puncheon will be our wingers, but I can already see the competition for places upping Yannicks game so its all good.

Id give Chamakh a run of games upfront but he has to offer a goal threat, if he goes 6 games again without having a shot then thats no good to us.