Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:03 AM

Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Leicester v Cardiff

Anyone else think itís wrong that this game is going ahead today

I know life goes on and that but there is no way Leicester have been able to prepare properly for this game.

To me the league should have called this off
Old 03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Up to Leicester in my opinion and they decided to play. Could work either way in terms of the result, but as annoying as it would be if Cardiff win I don't think that can be the main consideration.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:22 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Up to LCFC at the end of the day

I’m sure the owner would have wanted them to play. Whether some of them are in the right frame of mind only they know I suppose. It could really motivate them
Old 03-11-2018, 10:25 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Firstly this should be in the Football forums not General Palace Discussion.

Surely the people who are grieving get to decide more than people on the outside. Vardy said he wants to play to honour them, we should respect how the club want to deal with the loss.

Last edited by MFBias; 03-11-2018 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:38 AM

Palace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Kebab : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Who are we to judge?
Old 03-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I understand the players are flying to Thailand for the funeral this weekend. Personally I would have voted to start playing again after the funeral.

Each to their own though.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
No. I think it should go ahead as it is.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
It’s not wrong.

What would have been wrong is if the league decided to call it off and the club wanted to play it.

The club may feel more unity by having a common goal of continuing, they can share their grief together, and express their feelings by working to show their respect. It’s better than hitting the bottle like some people express it.

His direct family would have decided this, so I respect their decision as the only decision.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:59 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1905 View Post

I know life goes on and that but there is no way Leicester have been able to prepare properly for this game.

No. Leicester said they wanted to play.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:04 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I bet Sky are gutted they can’t show this live. Expect this to change next season - they’ll implement an Unexpected Emotional Fatality Arrangement (UEFA for short) so they move a fixture like this at even shorter notice.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:28 PM

Gazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGazza2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Life goes on. Play it.
Sounds heartless but that's way it is.
Lost my father a couple of months ago (he used to help Maurice Drewitt in mid 70s run away train travel).
But you soon just get on with things.

Last edited by Gazza2; 03-11-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:32 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Be interesting if Cardiff hammer them today and stay up by 2 points.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 03-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Eaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEaglesmad123 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Are you saying this in case Cardiff win and we loose.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:44 PM

Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Joe1905 has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Are you saying this in case Cardiff win and we loose.

No I am not that bothered about the result I just think there needed some reflection time on this as it would be a massive shock to the club as a whole

If it was us I would be expecting the game to be called off
Old 03-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
No I am not that bothered about the result I just think there needed some reflection time on this as it would be a massive shock to the club as a whole

If it was us I would be expecting the game to be called off
Care to respond to the idea that the people who are directly grieving should be the only ones decide? Expressing themselves as a club with unity is reflection time, maybe better reflection time than sitting at home looking in the mirror upset.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Care to respond to the idea that the people who are directly grieving should be the only ones decide? Expressing themselves as a club with unity is reflection time, maybe better reflection time than sitting at home looking in the mirror upset.

I agree the ones grieving should decide and that is taken at club level but then off the back of that say 5 or 6 first team regulars decide they are not in the right frame of mind is that then right due to sporting integrity?

What I am saying is that if the club say they will play then it has to be taken seriously and the team be well prepared so when you hear comments the result donít matter from the manager should they really be playing ?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:21 PM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I understand the players are flying to Thailand for the funeral this weekend. Personally I would have voted to start playing again after the funeral.

Each to their own though.
Thai funerals last for ages! For the King the mourning wen on for one year. Typically, it will last 6 days for more normal people. If they players are flying out tonight they will really only catch the prayers and stuff. Cremation itself will probably not be until end of week...
Old 03-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
I agree the ones grieving should decide and that is taken at club level but then off the back of that say 5 or 6 first team regulars decide they are not in the right frame of mind is that then right due to sporting integrity?

What I am saying is that if the club say they will play then it has to be taken seriously and the team be well prepared so when you hear comments the result don’t matter from the manager should they really be playing ?
They will be going into the game to win it as a mark of respect, if anything they will tear Cardiff apart and have the officials (unfairly as they ahouod be impartial) on their side.

From a sporting intergrity point of view I dont see any issue other than some bias maybe in their favour.

Has any player said they dont want to play it?

I know that grief is a powerful emotion, people want the emotions on the inside recognised by the world outside of themselves, I see it as a good thing they want to play it.

Also why did you start this Thread in Palace Discussion?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:43 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Cardiff going to be in my acca this weekend
Old 03-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Cardiff going to be in my acca this weekend
I honestly think Leicester will more likely win than lose. They will be fighting for every inch.