Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-04-2017, 09:17 AM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
I'm sure it was in the papers at the time.
Until I see a photo I'm dubious.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Judas
Old 28-04-2017, 09:20 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Once I accepted that he is a guy that just says whatever is in his head at the time and that tomorrow he probably will say the total opposite I gave myself permission to love him again.

In terms of excitement cannot think of a player who has given us more than him and to me there are no more iconic photos representing our club than any of the ones of Ian Wright, wheeling away face full of uncontrolled joy, just after he has scored. It brings pride, joy and a little tear knowing that at the time he embodied everything about being Palace. At those very moments both his heart and head were Palace, and at the end of the day that should be what matters to us, not the confused nonsense he has since spouted.
Great post, his time at Palace is full of great memories. On a personal level the story I know about him he was also very respectful too my two Aunts which I always balance against the other stories I have read since. Heros come and go at every club always have always will. I like you can see his face when he scored the love for the club and the badge.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:22 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Doubting Thomas.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:23 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
I really not give a ****,what his got to say, the man's a media whore.
Does that really matter? He's a footballer. He didn't earn life making cash like they do now, always talks fondly of palace despite this stuff and has a character the media like. Why not make a living that way if you're that sort of person?

If he slagged off palace everytime someone gave him a mic that's different but he doesn't. He makes a living in the media talking about football. That's what he knows.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:23 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Some Palace fans are just dicks. Booing of Watson. Longest ever post of hate towards Hennessy. Love posts to Pulis. To have been a great Palace player you don't have to love the club above all others
Old 28-04-2017, 09:25 AM
Cinnamon Stick

Chris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChris Leitch : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Palace have a nasty streak when it comes to certain former players. The booing of Scannell on his return to Selhurst was unforgivable.
Am I remembering incorrectly then? Scannell got a fantastic reception from the palace fans - and then he went on to dive to win a penalty and things turned a bit sour.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:25 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Wasn't all this put to bed years ago?
He got a great reception in the Geoff Thomas charity game a few years back and always does from the fans.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Great post, Cooperman. What larks we had.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:27 AM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
Some Palace fans are just dicks. Booing of Watson. Longest ever post of hate towards Hennessy. Love posts to Pulis. To have been a great Palace player you don't have to love the club above all others

What on earth has Pulis got to do with this subject?

And you call other people dicks...just because they don't agree with your no doubt highly intelligent opinion.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:30 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
Old 28-04-2017, 09:33 AM
Living the dream

Bourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBourne Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Killed it for me when he spouted on about not wanting to relegate us at Highbury and wouldn't celebrate if he scored, cue goal celebration in front of East stand
Old 28-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Once I accepted that he is a guy that just says whatever is in his head at the time and that tomorrow he probably will say the total opposite I gave myself permission to love him again.

In terms of excitement cannot think of a player who has given us more than him and to me there are no more iconic photos representing our club than any of the ones of Ian Wright, wheeling away face full of uncontrolled joy, just after he has scored. It brings pride, joy and a little tear knowing that at the time he embodied everything about being Palace. At those very moments both his heart and head were Palace, and at the end of the day that should be what matters to us, not the confused nonsense he has since spouted.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:39 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Ian Wright only cares about Ian Wright, and being aligned with Arsenal helps Ian Wright.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:41 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I still love him.
great Palace player but love died in 1993
Old 28-04-2017, 09:46 AM
89 pts and EPL ready HAHA

Eaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is hereEaglefoz Sam the man is here
He made his name playing for us.
He left us for Arsenal
His family was treated badly by our fans when he left.
He turned against us because of it
He made even better memories with Arsenal and rightly puts those above ours as that is where he won things.
He still likes Palace and recognises what our club done for him (but maybe not some of the fans).
WTF is the problem?
Very good ex-player who was a big part of the club whilst he was here.
I still love him.
Old 28-04-2017, 09:46 AM

Olympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOlympian2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
His story changes depending on who he's talking to. He'd probably declare his love for Spurs if in the company of enough of them.
Essentially, this. He's just not very bright or articulate. 15 mins listening to him on 606 is evidence enough.
Old 28-04-2017, 10:00 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
He made his name playing for us.
He left us for Arsenal
His family was treated badly by our fans when he left.
He turned against us because of it
He made even better memories with Arsenal and rightly puts those above ours as that is where he won things.
He still likes Palace and recognises what our club done for him (but maybe not some of the fans).
WTF is the problem?
Very good ex-player who was a big part of the club whilst he was here.
I still love him.
I agree with all of this apart from "very good ex-player". For me he's the best player I've ever seen play for us. He scored goals from nothing.
Old 28-04-2017, 10:02 AM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owngoal View Post
^^ quite true. It's just the dlcks who seem to most vocal. Most Palace fans I've met are actually very grounded.

Wright just says anything that gives him column inches or airtime.

He said he supported Millwall
He said he supported Arsenal
And at Fairfields Hall in our Centenary year, he said he never wanted to leave Palace, but Noades was selling the squad and cashing in whilst he could.

If only you could operate an 'ignore' button for Ian Wright in the media
Old 28-04-2017, 10:10 AM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Probably some people abusing his mum and daubing racist shit on her house when he first signed for them came before those.
Coming back to this point, I checked his autobiography. What he writes is "some idiots spray-painted judas on the wall outside my mum's house". No mention of "racist shit" so not sure where you're picking that up from—urban myth maybe? You can check it yourself, his book is in the fiction section.