Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 28-04-2017, 03:52 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He'd commit himself to anybody if he thought it would earn him a few quid. The bloke is totally skint.
Old 28-04-2017, 03:59 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
I bet the bloke he was in conversation with at the time came away with a different impression
Haha never thought of it that way. You've ruined my story!
Old 28-04-2017, 04:01 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiscombeEagle View Post
scored the first minute own goal at the Dell and telling him I wasn’t worried because we had Ian Wright. You just never felt beaten with him on the pitch.

As others have said him leaving hurt and what happened afterward at Highbury in the league and semi-final was grim and taught me as a 15 year old kid the realities of football. As others have said don’t meet your heroes.

To me he will always be one of the great Palace heroes because of what he did in red and blue.
Shaw putting past Nige happened on a few occasions. Wright was immense that day, think he got a brace in a 3-2 win

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
I have a unique unreleased video taken at a Fairfield Halls Palace Event where I did the AV presentation for CPFC.

Ian Wright says when asked that he regretted leaving Palace for Arsenal because it took him ages to get the same fan adulation as he had been given by the Palace fans.

The event in question is the one where Geoff Thomas appeared on stage on my Harley Davidson.

This VHS video of this event has never seen the light of day as I have the only copy.
I've got the Capital Gold interview with Jonathan Pearce (February 98') and he says much the same. He said how he'd love to play for CPFC to bury the bad press that came with the move and to reignite his relationship with the club. 20 months later we were on our knee's barely able to put out a team and Wright had the chance to come back and work with Sir Steve again and bury what had gone before and he opted to go to Burnley.
It means squiddly shit when it comes to Wright. He is very manipulative in telling the press and people varying version of events when it suits him, don't get hoodwinked into his version of events.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:04 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Did you see it? Or photos?
People didn't instagram everything back then...
Old 28-04-2017, 04:08 PM

Thefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThefunkymonk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He is and always has been a clown.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:08 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
I have a unique unreleased video taken at a Fairfield Halls Palace Event where I did the AV presentation for CPFC.

Ian Wright says when asked that he regretted leaving Palace for Arsenal because it took him ages to get the same fan adulation as he had been given by the Palace fans.

The event in question is the one where Geoff Thomas appeared on stage on my Harley Davidson.

This VHS video of this event has never seen the light of day as I have the only copy.
You think he regretted leaving Palace?

Hard for us to take of course but he was hugely successful at Arsenal - Won several cups and scored more goals than anyone ever (at that point)
Old 28-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Fast 'n Bulbous

HolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Football fans can be very precious. The bloke was given absolute hell from our lot that day. He scored, and he gave some back.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:18 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
The bloke is totally skint.
Yep, one of many from that era whose tax matters have come back to bite
Old 28-04-2017, 04:34 PM
and this is what he said

Ash Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is hereAsh Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
People didn't instagram everything back then...
Oh you've convinced me now, thanks
Old 28-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Best player I've ever seen in a Palace shirt, but fell out of love with him 25 years ago.

Wouldn't be at all sad if the Wright and Bright bar was named after Geoff or Nigel instead.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Fast 'n Bulbous

HolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHolmesdaleNomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We should definitely have the Nigel's bar.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:43 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
once played for palace was ok we didnt win anything
shouldnt have been sold we was about to become legends

i dont speak ill of the dead but Noades cashed in on him massive mistake
Old 28-04-2017, 04:44 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
The bloke is totally skint.
The perils of fahering about 43 kids with 17 different women.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:03 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 28-04-2017, 05:09 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
That is correct, but it was hardly the world's worst dive was it? Went down under contact like most players do, not a swan dive. Certain people couldn't wait to get stuck in and you could see the genuine disappointment on his face.
Lad did immense work for Palace with local youth off his own back during his time here.

et: actually I think the foul wasn't given (could be wrong).
Didn't Jules save the penalty? One of the shittest penalties ever iirc.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:13 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
once played for palace was ok we didnt win anything
shouldnt have been sold we was about to become legends

i dont speak ill of the dead but Noades cashed in on him massive mistake
Do you seriously think Noades sold Wright to Arsenal against his will?

The guy was desperate to go....that was v disappointing of him, but he wanted to look after number one and there was no way Noades could have stopped the move. Other than hold him to his contract I suppose, but what's the point of making a key, influential player that upset?

Once Wright knew Arsenal wanted him, all Noades could do was bargain for a decent price.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:25 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Once Wright knew Arsenal wanted him, all Noades could do was bargain for a decent price.
Correct and he engineered the move on the back of the Ron Noades/Garth Crooks documentary. Even Sir Steve stated he craved the bigger stage. Shocking to think for 700k less than the sale figure for IW we acquired Marco (who wasn't a bad player, but wasn't even playing in the top flight at the time)
Old 28-04-2017, 05:29 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmesdaleNomad View Post
Football fans can be very precious. The bloke was given absolute hell from our lot that day. He scored, and he gave some back.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
This has been said before on the BBS....I'd be interested to know if you were there, or just repeating what you've heard?

Because I was there in the crowd and saw the incident. He'd received some stick in the match from a small minority of Palace fans only, nothing like 'absolute hell from our lot'.

It was only after his celebration and the badge incident directed right at the Palace section that more joined in, in reaction to him giving it large.

It is this revisionist telling of the story, which I've heard from his side, that is also annoying me about Wright. In order to justify his actions, he has exaggerated that incident to suggest we were all violently against him and he was the victim.

If he really thinks we all hated him for leaving and are now pathetically jealous that he 'loves' Arsenal more, why doesn't he just leave Palace alone (as he did for many years when we struggled)? Stop coming to Selhurst, stop doing interviews about Palace and stop being a pundit and referring to Palace as 'we' and 'us'.

He can't have it both ways.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:31 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
I prefer to remember the good times. He was magical. Other teams and their fans feared us because of him.
Best Palace player in my lifetime.
Old 28-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolmesdaleNomad View Post
We should definitely have the Nigel's bar.