Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well, in that case, in post 10,000, I will simply say everyone should go and buy Seafood's As the Cry Flows.

Still my album of the year so far.

But then, a few more listens of the Delgados may change that...
Old 19-10-2004, 08:51 AM
snootchie bootchies

paf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tatpaf has been there, done that, given every tit-for-tat
Gods Kitchen: Worldwide. My fave mix cd thingy.
Old 19-10-2004, 08:51 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
damien rice-o

10,000th post?
Old 19-10-2004, 08:52 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
Well, in that case, in post 10,000, I will simply say everyone should go and buy Seafood's As the Cry Flows.

Still my album of the year so far.

But then, a few more listens of the Delgados may change that...
If you're going to buy the Delgados or Six by Seven records, please try to be in Spain when you do so.
Old 19-10-2004, 09:10 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am craving a bit of Jimi today.

I have an album on vinyl named "Cornerstones 1967-70" which has an excellent track listing that I haven't seen replicated on any of the various "Greatest Hits" cd's of his that are out there.

Does anyone know if Cornerstones was ever released on cd?
Old 19-10-2004, 09:29 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Gooders
I am craving a bit of Jimi today.
Was listening to Living Colour this morning. One of the tracks was a fine interpretation of "Burning Of The Midnight Lamp"
Old 19-10-2004, 10:11 AM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Does anyone know if Cornerstones was ever released on cd?
See PM
Old 19-10-2004, 10:16 AM

hilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehilairehair : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
If you're going to buy the Delgados or Six by Seven records, please try to be in Spain when you do so.
Are you selling that new Trembling Blue Stars album? I think its out on Elefant, which means it'll be hard to get here....
Old 19-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Interpol - Antics

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 19-10-2004, 10:21 AM

Coulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineCoulsdon Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Quote:
Better still, buy a turntable. I've got to.
cant use a turntable in the van, i listen to music in the van more as i spend more waking hours there than home, i'm slowly replacing my vinyl with CDs,
Old 19-10-2004, 10:30 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well, I didn't find a Jimi compliation to suit (though I haven't read your pm yet Del) but I did pick up very cheap copies of The Beach Boys and Cat Stevens Greatest Hits. Thanks Matov for the reminder about God Only Knows a couple of weeks back.

And then The Listening Post did for me again - just picked up The Dears - No Cities Left... sounds excellent on first listen, sort of Blur meets The Smiths and comes over occasionally accoustic. It's certainly original enough for Baloo to like it though.

Just discovered that they are Canadian - if I'd known that I probably wouldn't have even bothered listening to it (no offence Canucks ).
Old 19-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
If anyone needs vinyl transferring to mp3 or CD, I can do it ...
Old 19-10-2004, 10:54 AM

Stone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Well, I didn't find a Jimi compliation to suit (though I haven't read your pm yet Del) but I did pick up very cheap copies of The Beach Boys and Cat Stevens Greatest Hits. Thanks Matov for the reminder about God Only Knows a couple of weeks back.

And then The Listening Post did for me again - just picked up The Dears - No Cities Left... sounds excellent on first listen, sort of Blur meets The Smiths and comes over occasionally accoustic. It's certainly original enough for Baloo to like it though.

Just discovered that they are Canadian - if I'd known that I probably wouldn't have even bothered listening to it (no offence Canucks ).
You can get it on cd I've got a copy but I did get it many years ago so it may be deleated
Old 19-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by hilairehair
Are you selling that new Trembling Blue Stars album? I think its out on Elefant, which means it'll be hard to get here....
No, but you could get in touch with To view the link you have to Register or Login directly. Or the Rough Trade shop should have it.
Old 19-10-2004, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Eagle
You can get it on cd I've got a copy but I did get it many years ago so it may be deleated
Thank you sir. Del Gland has also put me on to a possible route to salvation. If I don't get to hear Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) within days, I may go nuts.
Old 19-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Middle class left.

Baloo, i'm listening to "left luggage at the peveril hotel" - the tracks that didn't go on to Six by Seven 04. It's great - I expect you could buy it from their web page.
Old 19-10-2004, 01:29 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Baloo, i'm listening to "left luggage at the peveril hotel" - the tracks that didn't go on to Six by Seven 04. It's great - I expect you could buy it from their web page.
You obviously aren't paying attention, El Aggy - I mentioned at the bottom of page 398 that I had already ordered it. Now awaiting with anticipation.
Old 19-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Soup is good food.

celery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behindcelery stick will leave the TV and the radio behind
Green Day - American Idiot
Old 19-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Rollercoaster rider

RednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRednBlue : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just listened to Bruce Springsteen and the East Side Band Live in New York City (disk 1) on the way home from work, turned up loud........brilliant!!!!!!
Old 19-10-2004, 07:40 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Baloo
What is it with the music this year? We go through the months of February to August with only a handful of decent releases and then POW! September comes along and we're being flooded with masterpieces!

I am currently in love with the Delgados' Universal Audio. It took only a couple of listens for the magic to sink in and now I can't see myself listening to anything else for the remainder of the week. Absolutely magic.

I haven't bought any of their previous releases, but will probably acquire the Great Eastern and Hate before the week is up...
The Great Eastern is a brilliant cd, Hate not quite so good but ok. Think I might have to get Universal Audio.