Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 07-03-2016, 12:32 PM
waiting for a miracle

ice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A.Manchester United FC
H. Leicester City
A.West Ham United FC
H.Norwich
A. Arsenal FC
H Everton
A.Newcastle United FC
H Stoke City FC
A Southampton FC

ATM I cannot see where our next point will come from, we can't take for granted Norwich or Newcastle, we only have to look at our games with Villa, Bournemouth, Waford, Sunderland (home game), Westbrom, to see that we lack the quality to see off the "easier teams" . And we are playing Norwich & Newcastle at a bad time, they will fight for every point, and I just don't see palace doing the same right now.

I hope I'm wrong, but so far 12 games without a win would suggest I'm not

www.facebook.com/eastbourne.plumber
Old 07-03-2016, 12:59 PM

Jason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJason came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
My position on relegation is the same as it has been for some weeks now and will probably be the same a few weeks from now.

I think we'll limp over the line this season, maybe even have a half decent finish as players return from injuries.

However, I am deeply concerned for next season.

I fear that a combination of 'the club' being traditionally slow to sign players, reluctant to spend money, combined with a manager that generally wastes what he does have, means that we could be in for another disappointing summer.

I know that may seem very doom and gloom and speculative, but based on the track record of our efficiency in the market since we got promoted, and Pardew's signings so far, it seems a likely scenario.
Apart from perhaps disagreeing with the assessment of Pardews signings, I think this about sums it up for me. For this season, we have a strong chance of being OK despite ourselves on account of our decent start. If Norwich and Newcastle maintain their form of the last 10 games over the rest of the season, they won't even catch our current total (Newcastle would finish on 31 and Norwich 28). Even allowing for an upturn in form from those two, simply avoiding defeat against Norwich and Newcastle would probably keep us safe (easier said than done of course), as would one lucky win from almost anywhere. And lets not forget, for us not to win another game would mean an winless run only exceeded by the 11 points Derby team in the whole of Premier League history.

That doesn't mean that there is no risk of relegation. Our current form is terrible, and the confidence of the team appears shot (just look at how we crumbled after Liverpool's first goal yesterday). That's compounded by a run of bad luck both in terms of injuries and refereeing decisions, and the fact that Pardew has made some crucial tactical errors in games that have perhaps led to us losing a couple of games that were otherwise heading for a draw. When things are going like that, there's always a risk that we will be dragged down at the last. But taking a logical look at it, we'll probably limp over the line this season in spite of ourselves (albeit I feel far from certain of that).

But yes, next season is another matter. There is a sense that something is coming to an end at the club. Murray has gone, Jules seems to have been phased out (although surely we haven't seen the last of him if Hennessy remains injured), and both Jedi and (although some will hate me for this) Delaney both appear to be close to the end of the road at this level. A couple of our better players are also targets for clubs higher up the food chain, and may start agitating for a move regardless of what the end of the season brings.

That leaves the sense of a rebuilding job to be done on a scale that hasn't been seen since the 18 Months or so immediately after admin. Like you, I have my doubts of our ability to deliver that, and with next season (assuming we do stay up) seeing us seeking to acheive something we've never managed before by surviving in the top flight four years in a row, I'm less optimistic about our medium term prospects than at any time in the past five years.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_man30 View Post
A.Manchester United FC
H. Leicester City
A.West Ham United FC
H.Norwich
A. Arsenal FC
H Everton
A.Newcastle United FC
H Stoke City FC
A Southampton FC

ATM I cannot see where our next point will come from, we can't take for granted Norwich or Newcastle, we only have to look at our games with Villa, Bournemouth, Waford, Sunderland (home game), Westbrom, to see that we lack the quality to see off the "easier teams" . And we are playing Norwich & Newcastle at a bad time, they will fight for every point, and I just don't see palace doing the same right now.

I have one question. Why do leicester, everton and norwich not qualify for FC like the others
Old 07-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Banned by Moderators

Zorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fineZorac is happy as a lark and everything is fine
All this thread demonstrates is that we have had it really good for a few years and it has made some of our fans forget what a bit of adversity feels like.

If we scrape in, it will be another good season and another to look forward to.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:17 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redemptionday View Post
Newcastle and Villa are down.

I think we may just have an edge on Norwich - by luck more than anything else though.
What luck is that? I must have missed it.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:19 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
I have one question. Why do leicester, everton and norwich not qualify for FC like the others
The 'FC' is a polite acronym describing the poster's opinion of those clubs?
Old 07-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
If one more person here asks me why Leicester is pronounce the way it is....
Old 07-03-2016, 01:26 PM

CedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCedarEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradpitt View Post
We'll stay up, just, it's next season that concerns me….
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:26 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A.Manchester United FC - 0
H. Leicester City - 0
A.West Ham United FC - 0
H.Norwich - 3
A. Arsenal FC -0
H Everton - 1
A.Newcastle United FC -1
H Stoke City FC -1
A Southampton FC -0

Can see us with 6 more points before end of season which is surely enough....for this season
Old 07-03-2016, 01:29 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Am I the only one who isn't worried the slightest? I don't know how or where the points will come from but I am 100% sure we will get them.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:29 PM

Hector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHector : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmf73 View Post
Next weeks games in the prem...

Norwich v Man City
Bournemouth v Swansea
Stoke v Southampton
Arsenal v West Brom
Leicester v Newcastle
That'll be the game Leicester screw up...you know it.

With zero evidence to support this I think we'll stay up just. It will all hinge on the Norwich game, I suspect we will have lost both our games and if Norwich have picked up a win or even a draw it'll be a massive massive match. The team will have absolutely no confidence so it'll be up to us to try and create a decent atmosphere. Time for the crowd to really make a difference.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:31 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
12 games ago we'd have been calling this a decent run for Europe.

H. Leicester City - 1
A.West Ham United FC - 3
H.Norwich - 3
A. Arsenal FC -0
H Everton - 1
A.Newcastle United FC -3
H Stoke City FC -3
A Southampton FC -3

We've had our bad patch, I am sure we will turn it around comfortably.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Stinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStinger1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_man30 View Post
A.Manchester United FC
H. Leicester City
A.West Ham United FC
H.Norwich
A. Arsenal FC
H Everton
A.Newcastle United FC
H Stoke City FC
A Southampton FC

If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot we'll pick up plenty of points. According to most on here we had no chance of getting any points against Liverpool and yet should of got all 3.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:37 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHGATE EAGLE View Post
What luck is that? I must have missed it.
luck! if our team were thrown into a giant bucket of titties they'd all come out sucking their thumbs
Old 07-03-2016, 01:38 PM
waiting for a miracle

ice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineice_man30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Good point, well made

www.facebook.com/eastbourne.plumber
Old 07-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
Am I the only one who isn't worried the slightest? I don't know how or where the points will come from but I am 100% sure we will get them.
I have a wee bit more concern than you, but still feel strangely confident. God knows why
Old 07-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
If one more person here asks me why Leicester is pronounce the way it is....
Lie-cest-err
Old 07-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
luck! if our team were thrown into a giant bucket of titties they'd all come out sucking their thumbs
The way our luck has been at the moment we'd be more likely to come out sucking a cock.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:48 PM

palacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is herepalacea Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
12 games ago we'd have been calling this a decent run for Europe.

H. Leicester City - 1
A.West Ham United FC - 3
H.Norwich - 3
A. Arsenal FC -0
H Everton - 1
A.Newcastle United FC -3
H Stoke City FC -3
A Southampton FC -3

We've had our bad patch, I am sure we will turn it around comfortably.
Are we having points taken off us now...
Old 07-03-2016, 01:50 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think the team are playing too bad. Massive lack of confidence and you could sense the nerves after going 1 up yesterday. I'm worried.

I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end - James Taylor