Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:36 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietviking's no1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
I have to agree, much prefer Hol radio.
Have to disagree.

FYP is full of fun and blokes talking in a pubstyle atmosphere. HOL seems to try to be ultra professional and ends up being amateurish with poor sound, constantly tripping up and advertising their mistakes, and generally acting like teenagers telling knob gags. Some contributors don't even go to games or watch them in full.

That said, both have their merits.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:50 PM

Dedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDedders : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgess hill 84 View Post
How come?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:58 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThanet Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thoroughly enjoy my weekly FYP listen, keep up the good work ! As for HOL, I dip in and out but rarely listen to the whole podcast.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 02-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's clear now that Pardew has us divided over which podcast we like the best
Old 02-09-2016, 02:21 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickymags View Post
Any chance you can post that again? You've only said it twice on this page so somebody might have missed it.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:00 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
He cracks me up, never finishes his sentence. But the dynamics between everyone is good.
He seems like a pleasant enough chap. I don't find him funny though and his wittering about football is nonsensical much of the time. Rating chadli as a player we wouldn't have been pleased with. As if the like of tomkins are any more "premium". Talking about how arsenal don't worry about how the likes of boro will play, when clearly all clubs do in depth analysis at this level. He's like listening to my old man.. pleasant rambling but nothing even remotely insightful and for the most part wildly inaccurate. Combine that with the similarly inaccurate but slightly more charming ramblings of endecott and you seem to have vast swathes of the pod that are just pointless dull fluff. Perhaps too harsh but i think podcasts have moved on a bit over the years and FYP is a little tired in my opinion.

Last edited by scro; 02-09-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
The American guy who calls into Hol is really annoying.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
The American guy who calls into Hol is really annoying.
Once you get over the fact he sounds like a robot that might have been sampled to produce the voice of professor hawkins and watches all the games on the box. I don't mind him.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM

nicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenicobos : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughlan torowz View Post
Good work; KD's humour is great but can the host restrict him to max c33.3% of the air time, especially when his views are fickle and rarely based on fact. More Travis and Streety please!
Yes, please restrict KD from taking over the podcast - it's a palace podcast not a Kevin day love fest ! (Or is it!?).

Quite often he's giving a lot of opinion and hasn't even been to the game that week. I feel some of his views are frankly ridiculous but the others feel too scared to challenge the 'comic' star.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:21 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Once you get over the fact he sounds like a robot that might have been sampled to produce the voice of professor hawkins and watches all the games on the box. I don't mind him.

I think he knows his stuff.
Wouldn't be surprised if he was a footie coach.

Finding some of the sly digs unnecessary. Palace fans doing stuff for other palace fans, all for free.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think he knows his stuff.
Wouldn't be surprised if he was a footie coach.

Finding some of the sly digs unnecessary. Palace fans doing stuff for other palace fans, all for free.
I understand your last point. I suppose it doesn't need to be said you are probably right.
Old 13-09-2016, 02:29 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Missed having the podcast on my way to work this morning. Will it be out tomorrow morning?
Old 13-09-2016, 02:43 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There was another Podcast group last season ('The Palace podcast' ?). Had to give up on that...populated by media types who generally (but not always) had some sort of link with the club. Often discussing games they hadn't attended, even home ones.
And sponsored by Ladbrokes.
For me, FYP is by far the best of the offerings although Kevin really does need to give the others more airtime. And yes, invite guests, guys !
Old 13-09-2016, 03:26 PM

Bryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBryan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can we get Alan Mullery on?
Old 13-09-2016, 07:17 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
There was another Podcast group last season ('The Palace podcast' ?). Had to give up on that...populated by media types who generally (but not always) had some sort of link with the club. Often discussing games they hadn't attended, even home ones.
And sponsored by Ladbrokes.
For me, FYP is by far the best of the offerings although Kevin really does need to give the others more airtime. And yes, invite guests, guys !
That was the Palace Luvvies podcast
Old 13-09-2016, 07:28 PM

Joe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoe1905 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Holmesdale radio better still listen to FYP but not bothered if I miss it now
Old 13-09-2016, 07:57 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I preferred it when it was recorded down the pub.
Old 13-09-2016, 08:03 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
I like FYP but still don't get why Steve Parish would wish to urinate on a statue of Alan Shearer.
Old 13-09-2016, 08:13 PM
Get the f* off my Cloud!!

Scifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietScifo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hate to go all teachers pet but FYP is great and I miss Kevin when he's not on. Sorry for sucking up n'all but there's a grain going on in this thread I can't understand. Quality production, genuinely funny at times and I'd hate the lads to take any criticism too seriously because the pod as it is is something they can be properly proud of.
Old 13-09-2016, 08:19 PM

ben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineben1987 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's not a bad listen. Prefer it when Kevin Day is not on and someone like Rob or even Travis is on instead. Gives more people a chance to speak and actually discuss the game rather than having one persons opinion.