Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:34 PM
Swiss Eagle

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ok at the end of the pod where Antonio was described as a striker then criticised for his defensive work. Hmmm

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 05-10-2016, 09:14 PM
CPFC 4 Life, now in NY.

VSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVSEagle215 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dominated by one person's voice and opinion. Others need to be heard more.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:42 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
liked the defence of Punch a lot, agree that he can't do more this season
Old 06-10-2016, 06:02 AM

Friskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is hereFriskey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSEagle215 View Post
Dominated by one person's voice and opinion. Others need to be heard more.
I have listened to this one but in general he makes the show completely unlistenable for me.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:47 AM
JD

Trilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrilby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Ok at the end of the pod where Antonio was described as a striker then criticised for his defensive work. Hmmm
Have a day off mate.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:55 AM

mickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemickymags : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered View Post
Probably because they've been playing him as a defender. And you wonder why your pathetic, needy begging doesn't get you on the pod....
Old 06-10-2016, 10:34 AM

MFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMFBias came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskey View Post
I have listened to this one but in general he makes the show completely unlistenable for me.
I know afew of you are on the BBS so Im not saying this to be insulting, just honest with what Ive found recently:

Im noticing alot more 'banter and in jokes which is putting me off aswell as K.Day not listening to anyone and just changing the point to anything he wants. Street is too self righteous for me. JD is now the butt of the jokes, its becoming like a group of mates Im overhearing on the train rather than something informative. I feel everyone wants to inflict their personality on it too much, is there a drinking culture like at Arsenal emerging?

Rob who is occasionally on is very good and straight forward with views, young Entrecott is interesting when he is allowed to speak which is not often, mainly pushed aside by Day and Street. Last season was good but this year feels complacent, it needs a strong chair person to direct it so it doesnt turn into waffle which Im finding this year.

I even tried the HOL radio pod as an alternative, but they have some rudeboi who speaks like a div on it for the 'youth' which I cant entertain.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 AM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post

I even tried the HOL radio pod as an alternative, but they have some rudeboi who speaks like a div on it for the 'youth' which I cant entertain.
Diyar is a newbie so will improve. bear in mind he's only 16.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:08 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know afew of you are on the BBS so Im not saying this to be insulting, just honest with what Ive found recently:

Im noticing alot more 'banter and in jokes which is putting me off aswell as K.Day not listening to anyone and just changing the point to anything he wants. Street is too self righteous for me. JD is now the butt of the jokes, its becoming like a group of mates Im overhearing on the train rather than something informative. I feel everyone wants to inflict their personality on it too much, is there a drinking culture like at Arsenal emerging?

Rob who is occasionally on is very good and straight forward with views, young Entrecott is interesting when he is allowed to speak which is not often, mainly pushed aside by Day and Street. Last season was good but this year feels complacent, it needs a strong chair person to direct it so it doesnt turn into waffle which Im finding this year.

With all due respect, I think you're taking the whole pod things to seriously. It's not an equivalent to Sky's Sports Sunday morning journalist chat show. It's an 'informal' chat that fans do in their own time, free of charge. And for balance, I disagree with pretty much everything you have said, apart from the praise for Rob and Travis. It may not be for everyone, but it is for most. It was originally made in a pub because that's what it was designed to be, a bunch of fans chatting about topical Palace related things.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
With all due respect, I think you're taking the whole pod things to seriously. It's not an equivalent to Sky's Sports Sunday morning journalist chat show. It's an 'informal' chat that fans do in their own time, free of charge. And for balance, I disagree with pretty much everything you have said, apart from the praise for Rob and Travis. It may not be for everyone, but it is for most. It was originally made in a pub because that's what it was designed to be, a bunch of fans chatting about topical Palace related things.
I don't think some people appreciate the time and effort it takes to produce both pods. All done for the love of Palace.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:27 AM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
I don't think some people appreciate the time and effort it takes to produce both pods. All done for the love of Palace.
Nick, whos the new fella thats on,older guy? his very good.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:27 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
I agree Nick. I don't get the continuous need to bash the shows when they cost people nothing and are hardly forced to listen to them. Both shows brighten up my commute to work no end. When I don't have them, I then listen to the Radio five live football daily and if nothing else than TalkSport but the Palace related shows are my favourite on the way to work.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:46 AM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:

Entrecott has certainly raised the stakes.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:01 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's actually become my first choice pod to listen to (especially after a good result) and I quite enjoy the informal nature.

I would agree that Mr Day has more than his share of comment and it's much better when Endecott Jnr is on than his dad.

I'm not sure if the power struggle that is developing between JD and AS is a good thing or not - it's entertaining at the moment but seems to actually be turning into a genuine rivalry. Observation is that AS is actually the better presenter but also is good in the bad cop role and I don't think he can combine both.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:05 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
I'm not sure if the power struggle that is developing between JD and AS is a good thing or not - it's entertaining at the moment but seems to actually be turning into a genuine rivalry. Observation is that AS is actually the better presenter but also is good in the bad cop role and I don't think he can combine both.
I'm becoming more maniacal by the day because of it. My eventual plan is to annex West Norwood and then Norbury, before moving on to Poland.

Yes, there are in jokes in it from time to time (by which I mean once every 10 minutes), but it's enough effort to combine a very busy full time job with taking one evening out a week, without us also having a bit of fun with it in good humour. It can sometimes be self-indulgent and sometimes not.

Thanks all for listening.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Vendere e vincere

Popester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPopester came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
I agree 100%.

Re the "in-jokes", if you listen to the pod regularly you "get" the jokes. And I like the familiarity of things like that, and the feeling that you are sat around the table listening to a chat between four knowledgeable, passionate fans/friends.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:46 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
I like it. I listen. If you don't, don't.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:55 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I do think it's interesting how people view podcasts. I guess they are relatively new but they are quite unique in that people will often view the egotists (joke) that put them out as charitable souls just trying to provide us with something to listen to. Unlike any other form of entertainers who in reality have to be good to succeed. I guess the difference is basically if someone is getting paid or not to do it. So the growing ego of the palace tv bloke is fair game but the growing ego of the lads on a palace pod.. hands off!

FWIW i thought the last FYP was pretty good.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:58 PM

doogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdoogleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Rob Sutherland is excellent whenever he is on. That is all
Old 06-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Jedinak vs Endeacott has been my radio moment of the year so far.