Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 06-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I like the podcast TBH but I do think I take it as it is intended rather than judge it against Sunday Supp (which I really do enjoy these days BTW). It is like the conversation at the Pub but without being able to a word in edgeways - which sometimes, is exactly the same as the pub!

This would be my 'feedback' (caveat - I haven't listened to the Sunderland or Everton matches being on hols) :

I wouldn't tinker with it too much and don't take any of this personally. It is meant to be constructive - honest

The ganging up on JD is a bit tiresome now - and exactly like the Pub where someone gets picked on and is too polite to tell them to **** off and so it escalates. I think he does fine with it and doesn't make the mistake of dominating the talking. If anything, could say more but I suspect that it is deliberate restrained - respect!

On that note Kevin D needs to dial back his input by about 50% and let the others talk. He can make for good listening with some good 'tales' but it does come across lately as if every thought has to come out of his mouth regardless of who else is talking. Less would be more. KD probably gets at JD more than most and so just cutting that out would help - it's not funny or endearing.

I too like to hear Endecott junior on the show. Given a bit more room to talk I think he improves things.

AS is also good to listen to and has some good insights bring a less emotional (sometimes ) input re players and formations etc.

I know that the guys are doing this for free but free flowing wine/beer doesn't make for good podcasts - soz. So record early and drink more later. This isn't always a problem but I still cringe at the memory of the Jedinak session.

Overall the positives definitely outweigh the negatives and if it carries on as is I will be listening every week. But some minor tweaks here and there could improve.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:18 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I like the podcast TBH but I do think I take it as it is intended rather than judge it against Sunday Supp (which I really do enjoy these days BTW). It is like the conversation at the Pub but without being able to a word in edgeways - which sometimes, is exactly the same as the pub!

This would be my 'feedback' (caveat - I haven't listened to the Sunderland or Everton matches being on hols) :

I wouldn't tinker with it too much and don't take any of this personally. It is meant to be constructive - honest

The ganging up on JD is a bit tiresome now - and exactly like the Pub where someone gets picked on and is too polite to tell them to **** off and so it escalates. I think he does fine with it and doesn't make the mistake of dominating the talking. If anything, could say more but I suspect that it is deliberate restrained - respect!

On that note Kevin D needs to dial back his input by about 50% and let the others talk. He can make for good listening with some good 'tales' but it does come across lately as if every thought has to come out of his mouth regardless of who else is talking. Less would be more. KD probably gets at JD more than most and so just cutting that out would help - it's not funny or endearing.

I too like to hear Endecott junior on the show. Given a bit more room to talk I think he improves things.

AS is also good to listen to and has some good insights bring a less emotional (sometimes ) input re players and formations etc.

I know that the guys are doing this for free but free flowing wine/beer doesn't make for good podcasts - soz. So record early and drink more later. This isn't always a problem but I still cringe at the memory of the Jedinak session.

Overall the positives definitely outweigh the negatives and if it carries on as is I will be listening every week. But some minor tweaks here and there could improve.
You said it better than me. Ive listened to the podcast for over a year and have praised the lads previously on the bbs for their efforts. Ive just noticed some things that have distanced my enjoyment recently (as above and my post afew back)

Some fans took my criticism to heart and personally saying 'dont listen then', yes they may be doing it for free but unfortunately if you put yourself in the public eye you have to have a thick skin as people will analyse.

Overall I like the podcast, only the in-jokes, obviouse boozing and Day and Street going on rants not letting the others speak and the bullying of JD abit dull.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:24 PM
gastros/kids/delis/olives

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:

We rarely drink on the pod anymore.

Travis is great. That's why he has been invited on regularly.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:27 PM

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Diyar is a newbie so will improve. bear in mind he's only 16.
It wasnt what he was saying, but how he said it. So many youngsters have this tough man voice that actually makes you sound dim, it grates me hense why I didnt go any further with your Podcast. Shame as the rest of you spoke good English.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyStreet View Post

It might be your FYP photograph where there are large glasses of wine in the photo that is giving that impression...

Last edited by MFBias; 06-10-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:31 PM

AndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is hereAndyStreet Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It might be your FYP photograph where there are large glasses of wine in the photo that is giving that impression...
You might want to look up the word 'rarely'.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

Very wise I think

I should have added a thank you, which I hope was implicit in my comments but should have been explicit. It is another bit of the modern jigsaw of supporting Palace for me at least. I look forward to listening to it and it tends to start the buildup to the next game for me. Having lived away from the area since I was 11 (a long long time ago) I have always consumed any available info re Palace and seen that improve exponentially over the years. The podcast kind of captures that enthusiastic fan banter without the constant negativity associated with the 'post-based media'. So my best advice would be don't 'change it' - just bear the various feedback in mind, because that's probably enough. Or TBH just ignore it - it's your podcast after all

Thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
You might want to look up the word 'rarely'.
How smart you are... maybe consider if one photo you keep posting has big glasses of wine infront of Kevin Day who seems to talk like a man at the pub who doesnt listen to anyone else, might just give the impression thats the norm. Rare or not its still used in a photo to advert the podcast, maybe take a new one on an occasion where you are 'mostly' not drinking.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:47 PM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
I listened to it on earbuds yesterday, and I thought I could hear myself developing a chest infection.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
People should just take it for what it is, 4 guys sitting round a table giving their views on Palace and the match.
No different from a pub where there are various characters.

Keep it up guys.
Old 06-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Very wise I think

I should have added a thank you, which I hope was implicit in my comments but should have been explicit. It is another bit of the modern jigsaw of supporting Palace for me at least. I look forward to listening to it and it tends to start the buildup to the next game for me. Having lived away from the area since I was 11 (a long long time ago) I have always consumed any available info re Palace and seen that improve exponentially over the years. The podcast kind of captures that enthusiastic fan banter without the constant negativity associated with the 'post-based media'. So my best advice would be don't 'change it' - just bear the various feedback in mind, because that's probably enough. Or TBH just ignore it - it's your podcast after all

Thanks
I agree with you Martin.

I will say a massie thankyou for the lads doing the podcast. Pleaee dont take my criticism to heart. This is the BBS. Unfortunately if you are in the public eye you will attract analysis.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:27 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why criticise? Its great and is what it is. Personally i love the pod and you have to say they all generally have very sensible views on everything which is very refreshing if you spend any amount of time on here.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:31 PM

McpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMcpfcS came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It wasnt what he was saying, but how he said it. So many youngsters have this tough man voice that actually makes you sound dim, it grates me hense why I didnt go any further with your Podcast. Shame as the rest of you spoke good English.
I don't think it's a "tough man' voice" - accents simply reflect the individuals environment. He's a young male living in South London - he speaks like many other young men in South London.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Very wise I think

Thanks
Pleasure. We do look at feedback, of course. And don't worry too much - all of our day jobs require very thick skins so I doubt that a few people expressing their views on the BBS will be too much to bear.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Pleasure. We do look at feedback, of course. And don't worry too much - all of our day jobs require very thick skins so I doubt that a few people expressing their views on the BBS will be too much to bear.
Exactly, Im not personally attacking you or the pod. On the whole you are doing a great job. I just like hearing more views from Travis or Rob as a balance, as they have good things to add.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:06 PM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
I don't think it's a "tough man' voice" - accents simply reflect the individuals environment. He's a young male living in South London - he speaks like many other young men in South London.
Agree
Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
If you don't like the podcast then don't listen, simple. I thoroughly enjoy it and it's the highlight of my daily commute. Keep up the good work !

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 06-10-2016, 03:24 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Agree
You never know one day it might be so common he becomes employable.

Last edited by scro; 08-10-2016 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:30 PM
What now?!!

toucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
I really enjoy both FYP and HOL Radio podcasts and listen to both on my commute at 1.5X speed so I can listen to both in a week..!
They both have their place and I believe cater to different audiences.
HOL Radio is a bit more spontaneous and 'amateur'.. I mean that nicely, mainly because of the tech used, i.e. using Skype leads to different volume levels and quality of audio plus the occasional drop outs.
For FYP being sat around the same mic makes a big difference and, as has been said, comes across as 4 guys sitting in a pub. Travis is great and adds some real life experience of playing in the academy. I agree with a lot of Martin H's and MFBias's comments but on the whole a good listen and I enjoy the banter.. even helped out and sold the fanzine on a couple of occasions to show some gratitude!
Old 06-10-2016, 03:36 PM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by toucaneagle View Post
I really enjoy both FYP and HOL Radio podcasts and listen to both on my commute at 1.5X speed so I can listen to both in a week..!
They both have their place and I believe cater to different audiences.
HOL Radio is a bit more spontaneous and 'amateur'.. I mean that nicely, mainly because of the tech used, i.e. using Skype leads to different volume levels and quality of audio plus the occasional drop outs.
For FYP being sat around the same mic makes a big difference and, as has been said, comes across as 4 guys sitting in a pub. Travis is great and adds some real life experience of playing in the academy. I agree with a lot of Martin H's and MFBias's comments but on the whole a good listen and I enjoy the banter.. even helped out and sold the fanzine on a couple of occasions to show some gratitude!
We've been working on the audio, are all on wired rather than wireless connection and have upgraded our broadcast recording software. If you listen to last Sunday's show/pod, you'll find it's the best sounding so far.