Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-04-2018, 08:45 AM
I've broken bad

bgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebgh2172 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Hit 7 this season, despite injuries, you'd feel that fully fit and firing, he'd certainly get double figures, which only 4 men have done in the top flight in the last 25 years..
Can easily see this berfore season is out and there's the elusive ten goal a season man you need where-ever he plays!
Old 17-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Señor Coconut

Neil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil 154 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the moment he looks the most likely to score in our squad. For that reason alone I would play him up front ahead of benteke.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Wilf ALWAYS scores in batches of 2 or 3. So I wasn't surprised he got a couple on Saturday. He needs to do it a bit more consistently - if he can make that improvement it would be wonderful.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:31 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Striker for me or false 9 (whatever that means) type role. I think we need a new winger for next season and a back up striker but I see Wilf playing centrally in the main from now on.
Old 17-04-2018, 12:47 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never thought I'd say this but yeah for the time being he needs to be striker. We need goals, so we dont have much choice. Hes so good on the wing but yeah we dont really have a choice at the moment. Hes our best option up front. We need to spend wisely in the summer
Old 17-04-2018, 01:08 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Never thought I'd say this but yeah for the time being he needs to be striker. We need goals, so we dont have much choice. Hes so good on the wing but yeah we dont really have a choice at the moment. Hes our best option up front. We need to spend wisely in the summer
hes great cutting in from the wing but his end product isnt there to be a proper winger. He obviously can score from a more central position though. Play him up front!
Old 17-04-2018, 02:57 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
hes great cutting in from the wing but his end product isnt there to be a proper winger. He obviously can score from a more central position though. Play him up front!
He is still developing though, just because he destroyed a shocking Brighton defence doesnt mean he is now a striker! Zaha best position is on the wing, he has put the best defenders in the league on their arses there and has won us many many games in that position!

Zaha is not a natural striker, once he comes up against a decent defence he will get found out like last time we put him up front 4 or 5 games or so back.

I am one of Zaha's biggest fans, I have created threads suggesting he is our greatest player ever. He is as natural as a winger as you can get. To place him out of position up front would be a criminal waste of ability, he is by far and away our best player. You dont play your best player out of his natural position. For now I understand him going up front because we literally have zero fire power but anything long term is simply out of the question!

Last edited by Jordan555x; 17-04-2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thierry Henry career path.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After the play off semi final at Brighton, where he clearly played a more central, floating, role, I thought that we might see him transition into a more central role, especially given the moves that teams seemed to be making to playing with a floating player in behind a central striker.

I've said to a couple of people recently that I reckon he will be given a more central role next season, but given a licence to play relatively freely and drift all over. It would mean we'd need to get in a decent box-to-box midfielder alongside Luka, as well as cover wide, unless we went for a Liverpool style front 3 and let them all roam about without a defined position - in which case you'd want a more defensively focussed midfield.

We did similar up at Anfield when we won 2-1 with Dann scoring the winner, starting with a front 4 consisting of wingers, and just let them run all over the place, and Liverpool struggled to adapt.

I could see a scenario where we get Bolasie back, and go for him, Zaha and Townsend as a front 3 - if we kept RLC, Cayabe and McArthur, that would be in front of a mix of them three and Luka.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Yeah bring Bolaise home! the option of him, AT and Zaha in the middle would be a nightmare to play against if we needed a bit of muscle/target man I'd like to see Zaha with Sorloth/Wickham upfront.
Old 17-04-2018, 03:54 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Yeah bring Bolaise home! the option of him, AT and Zaha in the middle would be a nightmare to play against if we needed a bit of muscle/target man I'd like to see Zaha with Sorloth/Wickham upfront.
The chaos it would bring would be so good to watch. MOTD did great highlighting how little the defence knew how to handle not having a striker on the pitch. Bolasie is far from the player he was at Palace but people just click at some teams and I think he is a Palace player at heart and would get back on track here. Much like Zaha coming home.
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 17-04-2018, 03:56 PM

Sureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSureagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Gayle would have been a good fit in this team without Benteke or a big striker ..interchanging with Zaha, RLC and Townsend.
Old 17-04-2018, 05:13 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
Gayle would have been a good fit in this team without Benteke or a big striker ..interchanging with Zaha, RLC and Townsend.
And then there's Murray...and Jerdinak...and of course Chamakh....oh wait a minute...
Old 17-04-2018, 06:17 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is really a winger and was asked to switch to a defensive role because of our normal defenders being injured.

He is a very exciting prospect and will save Palace money as he has already shown that he is not phased by playing for us in the Premier League.

He is very much in the Wilf Zaha mould with great skill and pace to burn and a genuine love for Palace having graduated up from the Palace Academy.

COYP
Old 17-04-2018, 06:26 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Wilf is a striker who was switched to the wing and he loves playing centrally where he can be more of a goal scoring/ free kick, penalty winning player as no defender likes facing him.

It is far more dangerous for Palace to be awarded free kicks in and around the box than when Wilf is fouled out on the wing.

COYP
Old 17-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I prefer him on the wing, but it’s hard to argue against playing him up front at the moment.
Old 17-04-2018, 07:11 PM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Two goals in playoff final v Brighton. Chelsea away last year. He can play main striker easy.
Old 17-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Fear the ghost of Pol Pot

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Not sure about an out and out striker but should fit the 10 role perfectly.
Old 17-04-2018, 07:45 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureagle View Post
Well if Benitez stays at Newcastle , Gayle wont be first choice next season . Not that I would want him here though .
Old 17-04-2018, 08:38 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is really a winger and was asked to switch to a defensive role because of our normal defenders being injured.

He is a very exciting prospect and will save Palace money as he has already shown that he is not phased by playing for us in the Premier League.

He is very much in the Wilf Zaha mould with great skill and pace to burn and a genuine love for Palace having graduated up from the Palace Academy.

COYP
I can't see Wan-Bissaka being anything but a full back for the first team.