Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:38 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For anyone who didn't meet him but has said what a great bloke he sounds I can assure you he was absolutely that and more. A very sad loss. I hope he is looking down on us and smiling as we play our south coast friends on Saturday week, come on Palace, do him proud.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:38 AM

palaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hi Andy , left for Australia on Monday until August so will have a beer to toast and remember Darrell so please post funeral details.
The thing i remember most about him was his optimism , like a lot of Palace fans i find it easy to critcise players and performances but never Darrell and he was there to see the absolute worst since the 60,s both home and away. R.I.P. MATE
Old 05-04-2018, 08:04 AM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by palaceboy1 View Post
Hi Andy , left for Australia on Monday until August so will have a beer to toast and remember Darrell so please post funeral details.
The thing i remember most about him was his optimism , like a lot of Palace fans i find it easy to critcise players and performances but never Darrell and he was there to see the absolute worst since the 60,s both home and away. R.I.P. MATE
Indeed. He will be very sorely missed.

I will post details once known.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:49 AM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Such sad news about Bourno, not only a great Palace mate, but a keen ground hopper.

We enjoyed much 'anoraking' and a few ales together at places like Chesterfield, Morecambe and various Non League grounds in the Bedford/Northampton area, including at his other beloved Eagles: Bedford Town.

Would always greet me with the words "So where on earth have you been now?!?"

Gonna miss seeing him around.

RIP Mate. Am proud to have known you.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Indeed a great guy and will be missed by many.... I have known Darrell for more than forty years and was one of the lucky on to share the box when he won the palace trivia quiz.
Rip old mate
Old 05-04-2018, 07:53 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
It is with a very very heavy heart I have to advise that Darrell died this morning. Darrell was one of the biggest Palace fans our club had. He lived in Northamptonshire but attended every game home and away. Darrell was such a lovely kind gentle man who I am going to miss terribly.

RIP my true friend. You will never ever ever be forgotten.
So sad to hear . RIP.
Was he the fella picked up regularly at Watford gap services by the coach gang?.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil the Eagle View Post
Such sad news about Bourno, not only a great Palace mate, but a keen ground hopper.

We enjoyed much 'anoraking' and a few ales together at places like Chesterfield, Morecambe and various Non League grounds in the Bedford/Northampton area, including at his other beloved Eagles: Bedford Town.

Would always greet me with the words "So where on earth have you been now?!?"

Gonna miss seeing him around.

RIP Mate. Am proud to have known you.
Lovely post Neil.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:31 PM

Henfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHenfield Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would like to mention...... our mate Darrell was responsible for me meeting Andy, Neil and Sue and many other great Palace family on my return to England from Australia.... RIP old mate
Old 16-04-2018, 03:23 PM

selhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietselhursthoover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I now have details of Darrell's funeral:

Date: Friday 04 May 2018
Time: 14:45
Venue: The Counties Crematorium
Towcester Road
Milton Malsor
Northampton. NN4 9RN

Flowers have been sorted.

Donations - TBC.
Old 23-04-2018, 08:25 AM

palaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalaceboy1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henfield Eagle View Post
Would like to mention...... our mate Darrell was responsible for me meeting Andy, Neil and Sue and many other great Palace family on my return to England from Australia.... RIP old mate
Hey Pete
I remember going up to Barnsley lost 1-0 for a long weekend with Darrell and some others were you there ? We had these great ideas of being out on the town all weekend and found we were just old farts who couldn’t last the pace. Will definitely have a moment on his funeral day to have a beer and remember many good times
Keith
Old 25-04-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhursthoover View Post
I now have details of Darrell's funeral:

Date: Friday 04 May 2018
Time: 14:45
Venue: The Counties Crematorium
Towcester Road
Milton Malsor
Northampton. NN4 9RN

Flowers have been sorted.

Donations - TBC.
After the ceremony everyone welcome back at the below:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

PS - If anyone that turns up wants to wear a Palace shirt etc it is not a problem.

Last edited by selhursthoover; 25-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:04 PM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just thought I'd tag on the sad loss last week of 'Big Alex' Catto who some of you will also know from the good old days,
- especially in the old supporters Club in the 70's and on many an away trip in the last forty years.

Too many good people leaving us - sad times.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannerEagle View Post
Just thought I'd tag on the sad loss last week of 'Big Alex' Catto who some of you will also know from the good old days,
- especially in the old supporters Club in the 70's and on many an away trip in the last forty years.

Sorry to hear this news too.
Old 26-04-2018, 04:11 PM

CJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCJ PLUM came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JannerEagle View Post

Yet more sad news.

2 good friends lost in just a few weeks.

I have had many long and interesting football conversations with Alex over the years. A truly big character and will be sadly missed.
Old 26-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
RIP Darrell.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 26-04-2018, 11:03 PM

cad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's been a bad year so far. Too many really good Palace fans have fallen in the last few months, most recently Bourneo and now, we hear, Alex Catto.
My life was enriched by my knowing them. They cannot be replaced but they will be remembered.
Old 27-04-2018, 10:52 AM

Darrell had named several charities as beneficiaries in his will. Therefore the preference is for donations rather than flowers.

Please send any kind donations to the following two charities;

The Psoriasis Association (His father Stanley suffered from this condition) and the British Tinnitus Association (Darrell suffered from this condition)

Donations can be made by downloading a form using the link below, direct to the charity or by making a contribution on the day of the funeral into a collection box at the crematorium

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-05-2018, 10:54 AM

Bumped
Old 01-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
I'll stick the thread for the rest of the week, Andy.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post
I'll stick the thread for the rest of the week, Andy.
Cheers mate.