Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-11-2018, 02:34 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Walking Football

Anyone here tried it? Talking to some people here, it's apparently one of the fastest growing sports in the UK etc.

I still play the "proper" version (albeit in old fart Over 45s), but as it's our off season here I thought I'd give this a try for something different, as my local Association has started it up for over 50s. And I'm loving it!

Rules are simple: usual rules except no running obviously (you have to keep one foot on the ground), no over head height, kick-ins instead of throw-ins, and non-contact. You play with goals about 2/3rds size with GKs. It looks quite comical at times with people speed walking to try and get back to make a tackle, or to move into space.

As I said, I still play the running version, and the two things that took a session or two to adjust to are: 1) you have to pass more or less straight to feet, because if you play the ball in front of them, unless it's only one stride in front they can't run so won't get to it; and 2) shooting from a standing position feels a bit odd - you need to change technique a bit to generate some power. It's also quite difficult to dribble past someone, by far the best way to move forward is through passing it.

So...anyone else?
Old 09-11-2018, 06:39 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I think some of the Palace defence and midfield have been trying it this season too.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 09-11-2018, 06:57 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Jan Molby likes this, but also says it’s been done
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:00 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I think some of the Palace defence and midfield have been trying it this season too.
Not unexpected...
Old 09-11-2018, 08:01 AM
Veteran

Double post
Old 09-11-2018, 08:02 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Anyone here tried it? Talking to some people here, it's apparently one of the fastest growing sports in the UK etc.

I still play the "proper" version (albeit in old fart Over 45s), but as it's our off season here I thought I'd give this a try for something different, as my local Association has started it up for over 50s. And I'm loving it!

Rules are simple: usual rules except no running obviously (you have to keep one foot on the ground), no over head height, kick-ins instead of throw-ins, and non-contact. You play with goals about 2/3rds size with GKs. It looks quite comical at times with people speed walking to try and get back to make a tackle, or to move into space.

As I said, I still play the running version, and the two things that took a session or two to adjust to are: 1) you have to pass more or less straight to feet, because if you play the ball in front of them, unless it's only one stride in front they can't run so won't get to it; and 2) shooting from a standing position feels a bit odd - you need to change technique a bit to generate some power. It's also quite difficult to dribble past someone, by far the best way to move forward is through passing it.

So...anyone else?
Which over 45's comp do you play in ?
Old 09-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLIE MINEAGLE View Post
Which over 45's comp do you play in ?
GHFA (Gladesville & Hornsby). I play for Roselea FC.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Naughty but nice

fioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfioreuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not sure about this and not being able to resist the urge to run, but Footgolf, I really enjoyed.

CPFC - Top 2 Tiers 1977 to ----

Seasons in the Top Flight - CPFC - 19 BHAFC - 6
Brig**on - Taking it since 1901
Old 09-11-2018, 09:34 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fioreuk View Post
Not sure about this and not being able to resist the urge to run
Yes it does take some getting used to.

Something else I've taken from it is to try it with both the kids' teams I coach, as I can imagine how it might make them think more about passing.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:39 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fioreuk View Post
Not sure about this and not being able to resist the urge to run, but Footgolf, I really enjoyed.
So did I until a pulled my thigh muscle on the 3rd hole. Combination of not warming up and getting older !