Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Fook my old Grannys boots

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
Haha good trolling effort
Oh the irony
Old 13-09-2017, 09:45 PM
Probationary User & proud

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
If we park a tram in front of our goal we may, just may get a draw
Tram? How very Croydon.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:50 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like he's got a 40m war chest for January. He must have brilliant contacts so hopefully he will guide Dougie and Steve towards some good shrewd signings.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:09 PM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by minch1 View Post
Looks like he's got a 40m war chest for January. He must have brilliant contacts so hopefully he will guide Dougie and Steve towards some good shrewd signings.
Says who if I may ask?
Old 13-09-2017, 10:11 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDI29 View Post
Says who if I may ask?
The Expess and Star were quoting the same story, so speculative Journo licence.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:14 PM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
The Expess and Star were quoting the same story, so speculative Journo licence.
👍 Cheers
Old 13-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by minch1 View Post
Where did that figure come from?
Old 13-09-2017, 10:16 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigGcpfc View Post
I for 1 feel ashamed and embarrassed that we have Woy as our manager. I don't even really care if he turns things around the sheer fact he is the manager of my team is enough to make me not want to watch Palace with him here. I don't think he is all there either, some of his comments already show him to be delusional. How have we ended up with this clown ?

Why do you hate him so much?

It's a bit OTT isn't it?
Old 13-09-2017, 10:18 PM

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 13-09-2017, 10:18 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100% Palace View Post
Thing is, I get why he said what he did as he had said all that he needed to say the night before. There was no reason for him to be dragged out to do it. In isolation it's taken the piss out of, but that's not the whole story.
he didn't say bugger all the night before thats why the journos demanded he speak the following day, Durham explained it on Talkshite today when the representative of the FA said Woy wont be making any further comments, Durham told that fella in no uncertain terms to get the clown out now and damn well speak about the debacle from last night, I look forward to much of the same of the coming weeks, lets hope its just weeks.

Last edited by Kylie_Tracey; 13-09-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:20 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
See my post 1645 Martin.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:21 PM

palacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacemetros came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really respect Roy's reputation. Results required right? Rely on Roy to rout out the wrongdoers.

Hodgson, Hodgson. Rah!, rah! rah!
Old 13-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Stroud1

minch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietminch1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That is what is apparently being quoted in some of tomorrow's papers ? I believe SP tweeted that as we had missed out on some targets there would be money left for January. So fingers crossed.
Old 13-09-2017, 10:25 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Ray Lewington isn't it
It certainly is. The Eagles video did make me smile because Roy is on there kicking a ball at one point but there are also several shots of him with a ball tightly tucked under his arm as if no one else can have it. It's my ball Talk about possession football
Old 13-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
OFFICIAL: Roy Hodgson appointed Manager on a two year contract

A mad couple of weeks, gone from optimism to complete pessimism. It reminds me of 1998 when on the pitch at least (so far), you could not believe what you were seeing and some of the decisions made. It's what happens when a club goes in meltdown but in this context, Roy almost seems a sensible option. If it was happening to any other club it would be funny. I hope I am wrong I really do and it all ends well.
Old 13-09-2017, 11:05 PM

Think there will be a section on here that moan from day one, pointing out every foopah, because that now seems to be the order of the day. I think most will give him a chance and his warm, gentlemanly integrity will buy him some time I think with many. Be interesting to see how the players respond to him. It will be quite a culture shock. From Chinos to China (cups). I do think a younger tracksuit around the place would help. So Murphy, get your a*** over here
Old 14-09-2017, 12:25 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Think there will be a section on here that moan from day one, pointing out every foopah, because that now seems to be the order of the day. I think most will give him a chance and his warm, gentlemanly integrity will buy him some time I think with many. Be interesting to see how the players respond to him. It will be quite a culture shock. From Chinos to China (cups). I do think a younger tracksuit around the place would help. So Murphy, get your a*** over here
Good points as usual.

He's got to be given the whole season now even if we go down the plughole with him, although I think that unlikely. We can't keep hiring and firing managers - the compensation alone will cost us a fortune never mind the disruption.

I can't believe we'll go down anyway because when we have a fully fit first team, they're not half bad - actually they're pretty good and half could walk into most other clubs of our level.

The problem is we don't have much in the way of depth if and when they do get injured or their form drops off.

If there is a decent budget for January we should be fine.
Old 14-09-2017, 01:51 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
wonder who our new first team coach will be (the official site mentioned it in his announcement)
Old 14-09-2017, 02:10 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Putting aside how I feel about how FdB got the sack, I genuinely was pleased when I heard the news. Yes his England were a shambles, but there is a deep malaise there. England have been a shambles for years & years.

If we get some of what he did at WBA & Fulham he will do well for us. Plus Fulham particularly played good football under him.
Old 14-09-2017, 02:49 AM

Crystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystal Paul : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I thought he came across excellently in his interview; very eloquent, calm, measured and no brash statements. He clearly just has a genuine love of the game and I'm sure he's desperate to end on a high note and put the England failure behind him.

It's been a messy summer, but time to look forwards and hearing him I suddenly feel a lot more hopeful. Ideally he can help us rebuild and give some time and space in 2 solid seasons to put in place some of the foundations that are clearly missing, including identifying and bringing onboard a (younger!) successor, to continue to take us forward.