Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Who give you extra?

thehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthehalifaxman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
mistake was corrected nice and early. Roy will have as long as possible to get this season going.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Raver

out vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietout vile jelly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can someone please tell me what sale happened today?! I have no idea what people are talking about.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by out vile jelly View Post
Can someone please tell me what sale happened today?! I have no idea what people are talking about.
Add a comma after "Americans" in the OP and you should be ok
Old 12-09-2017, 09:29 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sure is not great at the moment but those old enough cast your mind back to the chaos of Bloye, and Goldberg. Then think about Noades sure we finished 3rd and reached the FA cup final, and then he sold everyone Wright, Bright, Thomas ,Gray ,Salako and it goes on and on then not satisfied with that he sold the ground then the training ground and then finally ripped off Goldberg that triggered the first administration and was at the root cause of the second in 2009/10. So yes it's been a shit few weeks and also we are not that loveable club we all loved under the four saviors of 2010. BUT Give me this club today than the wrecks of the previous eras mentioned above.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:35 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty.......and should Palace in the Premier League last for a thousand years men will still say that this was their finest hour.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 PM

Spindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpindle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Palace has always been a rollercoaster club!

We have always got through lots of managers!

We are the same as ever.

I'm upbeat. We've sacked the twat who was going to relegate us nice and early. Roll on the rest of the season. Coyp!
Amen brother
Old 12-09-2017, 09:37 PM

CPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC 1949 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee sinnots ear View Post
Sure is not great at the moment but those old enough cast your mind back to the chaos of Bloye, and Goldberg. Then think about Noades sure we finished 3rd and reached the FA cup final, and then he sold everyone Wright, Bright, Thomas ,Gray ,Salako and it goes on and on then not satisfied with that he sold the ground then the training ground and then finally ripped off Goldberg that triggered the first administration and was at the root cause of the second in 2009/10. So yes it's been a shit few weeks and also we are not that loveable club we all loved under the four saviors of 2010. BUT Give me this club today than the wrecks of the previous eras mentioned above.
Going further back and Venables sold most of our up and coming team of the 80's at a cut price (mostly to QPR) then left to become their manager.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
This is what we do. Nobody does it better.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:25 PM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Nah. We're the same, just more people notice now
Old 13-09-2017, 06:54 AM

SW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payroll Legend View Post
Nah. We're the same, just more people notice now
Sadly, very true. Good post
Old 13-09-2017, 07:23 AM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Palace has always been a rollercoaster club!

We have always got through lots of managers!

We are the same as ever.

I'm upbeat. We've sacked the twat who was going to relegate us nice and early. Roll on the rest of the season. Coyp!
I'm upbeat as well. Roy has the feel of a Palace manager and he playing style should suit us. Could even sneak a win saturday.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:14 AM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
the good news is that whatever happens to Palace I'll be watching anyway

Would be nice to have, say a few months of stability, but can't have everything
Old 13-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Threads like this are a load of misty-eyed crap. The only thing that matters is relative success on the pitch. As soon as that happens, the half time beer will taste better, the piss pool in the Arthur will seem slightly shallower,the content in the programme will be easier to read, and so on. Everything at a football club feeds off results.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:38 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjuice View Post
It does feel progressively less and less like the Palace, but then I wonder if other clubs' fans are thinking the same? Is this the game in general now? Except for anything that has a direct connection/influence to Palace, I've lost interest in football. I hope I never end up feeling like that about Palace.
I have little interest in football as a Sport, could not name more than a handful of players at each of the other Premier League clubs, some only a couple. I am only interested in Palace.

About a year after Abramovich took over Chelsea, the company I worked for at the time held a mini conference at Stamford Bridge for some of our clients. We arranged a stadium tour, and the young guy who showed us around said on a number of occasions 'I want my Chelsea back'. That was circa 2004. Now over 10 years later even we as Palace fans can relate to his sentiment.
Old 13-09-2017, 08:44 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Look on the bright side - at least they are not half-and-half.
the half and half shirts were cool.

SaulAlinsky
Old 13-09-2017, 08:58 AM

laths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bring back the supporters club building that use to be outside and bung it right on the fans zone .
Old 13-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Someone who was

Eric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEric the Ginga : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The old Palace would have seen Woy, leaving the training ground in his car, holding up a club scarf for the cameras and, having said he'd not yet signed the contract - then not signing it.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:35 AM

Penge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPenge would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Clubs have to adapt. Anyway, Parish et al are gearing up to sell the club and premiership status is vital.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:43 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Ah the old days. We only reminisce back because we haven't made many good old new days in the last couple of seasons.
Old 13-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's a sad tale when we sack a manager after 77 days and pay 6m (apparently) to terminate the contract and appoint a new manager on perhaps similar terms. Our entire turnover in 2012-13 was just 15m. How times change.

Still CPFC is my club come what may. Perhaps better times lie ahead. I do hope so but still feel a bit sad at what we have become today.