Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: As of 05/02/17 who should be first choice Goalkeeper
1 Julian Speroni 311 26.22%
13 wayne Hennessey 178 15.01%
30 Steve Mandanda 561 47.30%
Another 136 11.47%
Voters: 1186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
I agree about Guiata, he could be some keeper. Out of interest, who in your opinion is better than Hennessey in the past two to three years?
There are 4 or 5 constant Wayne Hennessey haters on this thread .... They would rather kill their first born than admit Wayne is our best over Steveeeee and Julian.
Still think Wayne, Alex and Julian was all we really needed.
Old 14-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Steveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereereessswanker eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
What a wasted transfer he was.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC.1990 View Post
I'm sorry, but I feel the Dean Kiely effect has blurred people's memory of the guy. He had not performed to the expected level before Kiely came into the club. When Kiely arrived Hennessey improved and looked much better, but to suggest he has been the 'best' in the last 2 or 3 years is just wrong in my opinion.

Can't wait to see what Kiely can do with Guaita.
Played very well as Allardyce took us on that fantastic run the season before and did well when we went up to 5th in the PL in the first half of 15/16. Like virtually all our defensive players he struggled in the final 12 months of Pardew's management and took a little while to recover from FDB's reign.
Old 14-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman RudiHedman
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
There are 4 or 5 constant Wayne Hennessey haters on this thread .... They would rather kill their first born than admit Wayne is our best over Steveeeee and Julian.

Still think Wayne, Alex and Julian was all we really needed.

What three goalkeepers - none of whom were or are good enough for the PL (by some distance).
Old 14-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Woody McWoodface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiHedman View Post
What three goalkeepers - none of whom were or are good enough for the PL (by some distance).
Yeah we could debate who could have done what until the cows come home, but we are where we are now and the only keeper out of all of our options who has been played consistently and has consistently let us down is Hennessey.

He's been given FAR more opportunity than he ever should have and has proved beyond doubt for the vast majority of observers that he just isn't anywhere near good enough for where he is.

It's time to leave this dreadful period behind us, and invest our time, effort and support in moving forwards with a new keeper who we can all unite behind and will serve us well over the next coming seasons in the Premiership and in Europe
Old 15-06-2018, 07:45 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Yeah we could debate who could have done what until the cows come home, but we are where we are now and the only keeper out of all of our options who has been played consistently and has consistently let us down is Hennessey.

He's been given FAR more opportunity than he ever should have and has proved beyond doubt for the vast majority of observers that he just isn't anywhere near good enough for where he is.

It's time to leave this dreadful period behind us, and invest our time, effort and support in moving forwards with a new keeper who we can all unite behind and will serve us well over the next coming seasons in the Premiership and in Europe
You united behind Steve but never behind Wayne no matter how well he played. Wonder ehy?
Old 15-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Old 15-06-2018, 10:10 AM

LuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLuieJack : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Be prepared to be struck off.
Old 15-06-2018, 10:24 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Wayne has been pretty solid since Christmas, and was consistently flakey before that.

I also felt the defence never trusted him which bred uncertainty which led to errors and confusion.

However while he has been solid since Christmas he has never been spectacular. I never seen him save something and thought wow I thought that was a goal.

Jules at his height did this regularly, De Gea seems to do it twice a game.

So if he can maintain his solidness he would make a superb no.2, however I am hoping Guita is going to be the nuts.
Old 15-06-2018, 11:59 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post

I would have agreed a year ago and probably up to December but since then I think he has been consistent and played well and especially if you compare him to most Premier keepers who all make mistakes and have weaknesses.

I am up for any keeper who is better because for me the keeper is still the position that you can impact points the most per spent. Equally I do think it's time to give Wayne a bit of credit and judge him based on what he does, not what he did. If the new keeper comes in and does brilliantly I will be ecstatic. I do hope he is given a proper chance though and doesn't bear the same micro analysis that WH has had.

Edit - just watched DeGea let a right softie goal in against Portugal. LOL

Last edited by Martin H; 15-06-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 15-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
I think we need to slap a 20m price tag on to prevent Man U trying to steal him.
Old 15-06-2018, 06:57 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I think we need to slap a 20m price tag on to prevent Man U trying to steal him.

There's a mistake in every goalkeeper.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 16-06-2018, 02:11 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Heard a rumour that Roman wants him for Chelsea as well
Old 03-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Anders

lowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelowenand : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Will be interesting to see how many games he plays this coming season.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:06 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
hopefully none
Old 03-07-2018, 05:21 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
He has markedly improved since Dean Kiely became his coach. He wasn't as bad as a lot of you make out before that, but he seems more confident now.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:45 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
hopefully none
Agreed.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
hopefully none
this
Old 04-07-2018, 02:49 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Contract extension

Old 04-07-2018, 02:55 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here

Russia demonization. Akin to 1930's Germany.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.